Author Topic: link not working  (Read 5912 times)

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
link not working
« on: July 30, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
Hi Graeme,
not a biggy but the link just above the message board back to home page ozvmx.com does not take you back.
cheers
Noel

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: link not working
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 08:18:09 PM »
Noel, not sure which link you mean. The 'Home' link in the nav bar (ie Home, Help, Search, Admin etc) is Home for the forum, so clicking it anywhere in the forum will just get you back to the Forum Home Page.

The OXVMX.COM at the very top of the screen is a link back to OzVMX itself. It works for me.

The OzVMX.Com in the 'breadcrumbs' (the bit that goes ozvmx.com>Forum Help>System Problems) takes you back to the forum Home Page. I guess that's because I called the forum ozvmx.com in the setup. I'll see if I can change that bit to OzVMX Forum, or something like that...

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:27:21 PM »
i think he means the ozvmx.com link under the home link the little one in black
MUGEN power

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:49:34 PM »
Yep... that's the breadcrumbs - it shows where you are in the forum. So, each bit is a link to that bit. The first bit said ozvmx.com because that's what I'd named the forum, and it is just a link back to the forum home page. I've now renamed that. The link to the website proper is at the very top of the screen - ozvmx.com

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:53:31 PM »
OK,
Thanks Graeme ,
Cheers
Noel

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 06:28:29 AM »
Bugger... back to the drawing board. The system uses the same text for both the very top of the screen and the breadcrumbs name. No probs, I can fix that... tonight or tomorrow. I'll make the name and link at the very top be a link to the main website, and the bit in the breadcrumbs will be for the forum.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Graeme