Author Topic: Project TM-S 185 it begins  (Read 32055 times)

mx250

Re: Project TM-S 185 it begins
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
Looks good God 8). A little work on the motor and it should be a 'good thing'. Whats with the DG swingarm, alloy?

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 08:28:02 PM »
Looks good God 8). A little work on the motor and it should be a 'good thing'. Whats with the DG swingarm, alloy?

Nah it's steel, it's just a little lighter and longer than standard.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2010, 09:21:23 PM »
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:59:53 PM by cyclegod »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

DR

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »
looking pretty flash CG 8) I was wondering what the front wheel was with the angle of the brake arm but then realized the plates not located and it's all just sitting loose ::) will look extra nice with the kit pipe (not to mention they work the best too) 8)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
love the bike - hate the hammers.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »
looking pretty flash CG 8) I was wondering what the front wheel was with the angle of the brake arm but then realized the plates not located and it's all just sitting loose ::) will look extra nice with the kit pipe (not to mention they work the best too) 8)

Thanks Chris, I can't wait get the new custom colour side covers on, I've always felt that the plain black sidecovers were the TM models most unattractive feature.

As for the RedWing Hammerheads Freaky, while not to everybodies taste, the retro look vs. price vs. performance will always play it's part in my descision to buy them (can't complain about $260AU landed). Unfortunately I am not one of this sports enthusiasts who give the appearance of an unlimited budget by buying shocks strictly on performance and screw what they cost (damn, but I wish I was  ;))
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2010, 04:28:30 PM »
I just had another DR500 delivered today and got talking to the seller about the ubiquitis TS185.
Got to wondering where the hell they all went to as when I worked for Mayfairs the Suzuki importer up here for many years , we sold shiploads of them. Most went west to the farmers (west Qld) but we sold 100's of the beggers. So many in fact that when Suzuki told us they were to be discontinued, we got together and rang around the country to see if we could put a special order in and got another production run of 1000 done and split the order up around Oz.
My point is that there must be heaps of them about somewhere and enough to make them a classic class of their own. I remember we had one as an enduro bike before the PEs came out and it was very handy in the scrub.
Hmmmm, a new vinduro project maybe???

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2010, 07:31:54 PM »
I just had another DR500 delivered today and got talking to the seller about the ubiquitis TS185.
Got to wondering where the hell they all went to as when I worked for Mayfairs the Suzuki importer up here for many years , we sold shiploads of them. Most went west to the farmers (west Qld) but we sold 100's of the beggers. So many in fact that when Suzuki told us they were to be discontinued, we got together and rang around the country to see if we could put a special order in and got another production run of 1000 done and split the order up around Oz.
My point is that there must be heaps of them about somewhere and enough to make them a classic class of their own. I remember we had one as an enduro bike before the PEs came out and it was very handy in the scrub.
Hmmmm, a new vinduro project maybe???

A pre 75 TS185 enduro would be kinda cool, as to where they all went, TWO Wheel wreckers used to have about 40+ bottom ends before the big clean-up when they changed owners I would imagine most wreckers would have pulled down around a 100 each or more over the last 25 years or so. No to many complete original examples left by now I think.

Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
Got the custom coloured side covers today I test fitted them and they look good...

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 07:40:26 PM by cyclegod »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

oldfart

« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2010, 07:43:01 PM »
Now that looks different , kind of blends in nicely with swing arm and chain.

DR

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2010, 07:48:06 PM »
 8) I reckon all it needs is the green background and that'll blend the tank with the covers making it look more..'factory' 8) mind you that's just my opinion and obviously do as you please ;D

DR

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2010, 08:03:48 PM »
kinda like this..maybe..hmmm..dunno but ya gotta love photoshop ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2010, 08:30:09 PM »
CG is it for sale  :D name your price  ;D i want that bike  8) well done mate you have done a great job it is a very cool build .

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
CG is it for sale  :D name your price  ;D i want that bike  8) well done mate you have done a great job it is a very cool build .

It will actually be for sale later this year for a price yet to be determined  ;)
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2010, 09:20:45 PM »
looks great love the side covers did you have them painted or are they yellow plastic  and i thought the green doc put on them makes it look even better great bike