Author Topic: 83 Tenere  (Read 15346 times)

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
83 Tenere
« on: March 19, 2014, 03:53:10 PM »
I have an 83 Tenere that I am contemplating selling but I am not sure weather its worth selling.
Its got 30k on the spedo that I am pretty sure is correct as I am the 3rd owner but is is cosmetically "challenged" not beat up, still has original grips,and bars, just had done some beach work.
Needs a new muffler and battery.

So I know that they are worth what you can get etc.
Anyone seen any for sale recently?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 06:32:18 PM by Sorelegs11 »
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 83 Tenere
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
I have an 83 Tenere that I am contemplating selling but I am not sure weather its worth selling.
Its got 30k on the spedo that I am pretty sure is correct as I am the 3rd owner but is is cosmetically "challenged" not beat up, still has original grips,and bars, just had done some beach work.
Needs a new muffler and battery.

So I know that they are worth what you can get etc.
Anyone seen any for sale recently?

If the speedo is true, depending on how "cosmetically challenged" the bike is I'd say anywhere from $1000-$2500. The condition of the tank and any other Tenere specific items that differentiate it between a run of the mill XT600 will make all the difference on the value of the bike. Just my 2c.

Cheers, Brendan
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
Having just ridden the 2014 Tenere Tragic's run on a 1983 Tenere, I can assure you that there is a reasonably strong demand for the old girls.

As Rookie#1 has said having the correct tenere specific bits in reasonable condition is a big determining factor in the value of this model as things like the headlight shroud, oil cooler cover, LH Side panel, rear carrier and toolbox are NLA through Yamaha and command hugh prices if you can find then as NOS.

Surprisingly, another thing that is a big determining factor in what you can get for a 1983 Tenere is the Engine/Frame number. Amungst the True Tragic's there is a ongoing "Pissing Contest" to see who has the bike with the earliest serial number. The current lowest number is 39E-000117, which makes it the 16th built for the Australian market if this model followed the traditional Yamaha numbering scheme where the frame and engine numbers start at 000101.

The wreck below which was a "Stop and have a look" during the resent Tragic's run was closely examined by a few of us to check the frame number (barely readable, but agreed to be 39E-000176) to see if it was worth contacting the owner and making an offer.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 04:29:59 PM »
My Bike complete and all original except for rear blinkers, front guard and fork boots, has rack toolbox both side covers.
It has been used, started forth kick after sitting idle for 3 years and looks like its the 39th going by the no's
If any ones interested contact me and we'll talk.
I am in Newcastle.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:58:39 PM by Sorelegs11 »

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 03:29:55 PM »
Advertised the old girl and got 3K, 1 happy lad.

I guess its all about finding the right buyer.  ;)

Offline shoom

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 02:34:25 AM »
On fire ;)