Author Topic: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles  (Read 99739 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Australian Post Classic MX Titles
« Reply #435 on: April 11, 2013, 01:48:13 PM »
Darren,
Why are the age races Evo only? Does MA say "age racing can be for Evo [and pre-75] only"?

If so, then that's something that should have been changed once the Nats were split.

Regardless of why age racing is Evo only, it's basically doomed - seems like a whole lot of time dedicated to events with only a(n even more) limited number of riders.

------

As a seperate question: does the MA permit fee change depending on the number of entries? Or just the status of the event?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:51:42 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Lakes MBC

« Reply #436 on: April 11, 2013, 02:08:33 PM »
Nathan the Evo class is the only classes that have age racing as per GCR's 18.2.3
We wanted to run the age racing in the outright classes and were told that can't be done so that is why there is so many classes and never at any stage did we even think we would get full grids but you have to accommodate the worst case scenario. There is 5 age groups in each Evo bike size
MA charge the full amount for the permit regardless of entries and the we have to pay another $22.00 per rider in Levies as well which are all supposed to be paid before the event which refers back to the closing date. If any of you have had any dealings with MA you soon learn you don't pay them till it is definitely going to happen as they are very slow to return your money.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 11, 2013, 02:25:34 PM »
Hang about....

Are the age races seperate races, or just a seperate pointscore in the 'normal' races?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 11, 2013, 02:28:02 PM »
Hang about....

Are the age races seperate races, or just a seperate pointscore in the 'normal' races?
Seperate races.. where have you been Nathan?

Lakes MBC

« Reply #439 on: April 11, 2013, 02:31:16 PM »
MA states that they have to be separate races as you cannot have 2 different championships in the same race. This is where you all need to check the rules and classes and approach MA about them we are only following the GCR's.

Montynut

« Reply #440 on: April 11, 2013, 02:32:51 PM »
Read the MOMS Nathan I'm not getting into another of your famous circular augments. The permit fee (paid before the meeting) is fixed while the rider fee (paid after the meeting) is payable on the number of actual riders.

At this point (as of last night) there are no classes that have reached Championship status! I would guess that there will be 3-5 classes that make the required numbers out of 28. It was never envisaged that all classes would make it to Championship status. With around 30hrs to close of entries to have less than half the number of riders to make it even moderately successful was also never envisaged. It seems inept for people to suggest that the entry numbers could double via late entries. When would be a good time to close the entries? Let’s say one week out at that point the entries are still low so the event doesn’t go how do people deal with booked holidays, accommodation etc etc. It would be unfair on people that have done the right thing and entered before this Friday.

Late entrants are not hero’s that have stepped in to save the day they are the bain of organisers. Some people have actually indicated they are waiting to see if the meet goes before entering while others have actually indicated that they are waiting for a clearer indication of weather forecast. WTF.

What people suggest regarding entry closing, late entries and last minute stuff make it difficult for a club day let alone an Open or National. The Scheduling of VMX meetings with all the classes is far more difficult than something like a National MX round with only 3 classes and very low cross entering.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 11, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »
MA you soon learn you don't pay them till it is definitely going to happen as they are very slow to return your money.

;D  your a knowledgable person  8)

Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 11, 2013, 02:48:01 PM »
Hang about....

Seperate races.. where have you been Nathan?

Living under a rock, apparently.

Taking one era (Evo), and then dividing each capacity class into seperate age classes?! Three Evo capacity classes turn into 18?! Even if each (all ages) capacity class was full, there's no way you can get a class in every age + capacity race.

Insanity!

Yes, I've got the Supp Regs here. They are not clear on this.
I had been assuming the age races would be all-capacities.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 11, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
Read the MOMS Nathan I'm not getting into another of your famous circular augments. The permit fee (paid before the meeting) is fixed while the rider fee (paid after the meeting) is payable on the number of actual riders.

At this point (as of last night) there are no classes that have reached Championship status! I would guess that there will be 3-5 classes that make the required numbers out of 28. It was never envisaged that all classes would make it to Championship status. With around 30hrs to close of entries to have less than half the number of riders to make it even moderately successful was also never envisaged. It seems inept for people to suggest that the entry numbers could double via late entries. When would be a good time to close the entries? Let’s say one week out at that point the entries are still low so the event doesn’t go how do people deal with booked holidays, accommodation etc etc. It would be unfair on people that have done the right thing and entered before this Friday.

Late entrants are not hero’s that have stepped in to save the day they are the bain of organisers. Some people have actually indicated they are waiting to see if the meet goes before entering while others have actually indicated that they are waiting for a clearer indication of weather forecast. WTF.

What people suggest regarding entry closing, late entries and last minute stuff make it difficult for a club day let alone an Open or National. The Scheduling of VMX meetings with all the classes is far more difficult than something like a National MX round with only 3 classes and very low cross entering

I couldn't agree more with everything you say Greg. I've organised or helped set up three of these meetings so know how frustrating it is waiting for the those who enter right at the final bell. They're not "saving the day", they're a flucking pest. After thinking out every scenario to the nth degree and still not coming up with a definitive reason for the non entries, would it be valid to think that perhaps there aren't the number of committed Post Classic motocross racers that we thought there was? Have the actual numbers of legitimate Evo and Pre 90 racers been drastically underestimated? I knew the 125 classes were never going to get anything like a a decent grid, but were the 250 and 500 class numbers being looked at with rose coloured glasses? Have VIPER, HEAVEN or QVMX ever achieved genuinely full grids in every Post Classic class (besides 125)? I'm not criticising anybody or anything.....just thinking out aloud.   
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 11, 2013, 03:07:17 PM »
Firko i think the fact that vmx is so healthy up here is probably holding a few back from travelling to the Nats. They can get there fix here regularly on vmx friendly tracks with QVMX, BMCC and the Conondale club days, that's a lot of rides in one year without travelling far. We had 130+ riders 2 weeks ago and most were post classic bikes..

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 11, 2013, 03:22:38 PM »
they are out there, we had full grids and qualifying for EVO and Pre 85 at the 09 nationals , what has been underestimated is local support, which we had back then. why do you have full grids at Mr Motocross and I can remember the great Crawford river Classic, so is it just people don't have the money at the moment or has it to do with format over 3 days, I thought that was the driving force behind change, less class's, longer races and shorter event, easier for the clubs to run. I would also say the camping issue, it's such a big part of the movement, the mateship, and the whole gathering of like mined old farts. Surely they could extend the entries as they have listed a late entry fee, 4.3 of the sup regs? why have a late entry fee if your not going to accept them? 

anyway, I hope it gets up, Cheers Worms 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:29:03 PM by worms »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 11, 2013, 03:28:41 PM »
Firko i think the fact that vmx is so healthy up here is probably holding a few back from travelling to the Nats
If that's the case the Nats concept needs to be examined to find a way of getting racers back. I'm not involved in this section of the sport but I'm genuinely saddened by the overall scenario. There needs to be an attitudinal change or these events will disappear for good. Once the word gets out about this I doubt we'll ever see non vintage clubs put their hands up to run it again.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Lakes MBC

« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2013, 03:53:36 PM »
Evo 125   Evo 250   Evo 263 +   Pre 85 125   Pre 85 250   Pre 85 263 +
    3   13        9                          3                         11                         6
Pre 90 125   Pre 90 250   Pre 90 263 +   Pre 85 Sidecars
    3                      7                          7                             3
125 >30   125 30-39   125 40-49   125 50-59   125 < 60
   0        1                      1                        2                        0
250 >30   250 30-39   250 40-49   250 50-59   250 >60
   2       1                     4                       6                       2
263+ <30   263+ 30-39   263+ 40-49   263+ 50-59   263+ >60
    0                       1                       3                          4                       2
This is without the Super Senior classes                                                     

Offline gdr

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2013, 04:13:18 PM »
How can you run with numbers like that . What has happened ,there must be more to it .
HONDA THE POWER OF DREAMS

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »
Man the pumps!  We're taking water   :-\
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.