Author Topic: GMC  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
GMC
« on: May 07, 2014, 05:50:34 PM »
Hi Geoff,
             What's going on with your work phone 03 5784 1446? Says not connected.

I need to speak with you RE: Exhaust 1981 Yamaha IT 175 ASAP

Cheers Ted

81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: GMC
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 07:34:44 PM »
Yeah it's been a pain in the arse, bloody phones have been down all week.
I think my phone company have gone broke :o
I would ring you from my mobile now but that means I will most likely have to go outside to the driveway to get signal which I have had to do today, too bloody cold right now, I will try you tomorrow.

Wasted nearly a days work this week ringing different companies and looking at websites for another provider, as far as websites of all the major players are concerned a land line seems to be a thing of the past, they advertise 'home phones' but it's all about voip and having adsl.

Rang Optus and I'm quite surprised they can't connect me up to a land line!!
Same with a few of the other companies, or once they find out it's business and not home they don't want to know me.
Help, I can't handle this modern world ???

What companies can you guys recommend?
I have been with Conec2 for a couple of years but they have let me down big time at the moment.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/businesses-caught-up-in-comms-dispute/story-fnjfzs4b-1226906702668
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 07:52:13 PM »
Conec2 has definitely gone belly up >:(
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:09:07 PM »
Send me your mobile # and I'll call you tomorrow
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 11:32:54 PM »
Go Aussie mate....Telstra.....I know, there bastards but at the end of the day they have the best coverage and if your landline needs repairs they are the ones to do it instead of getting pissed around by the other companies who just "rent" there phone time off Telstra.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:20:24 AM »
Go Aussie mate....Telstra.....I know, there bastards but at the end of the day they have the best coverage and if your landline needs repairs they are the ones to do it instead of getting pissed around by the other companies who just "rent" there phone time off Telstra.

Have to agree, although just moved into a brand new house and its taken them 10 days to connect the ADSL as they've had to do "some reprogramming" of the system >:(

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »
Telstra always manage to do the job somehow but you pay.... I always have service though pisses all the other provider users no end but I have to have a unlimited plan cos every pr*k wants to use my phone when out bush >:( >:(

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »

You kidding me? Telstra? Aussie??
I thought they were foreign owned now??
As for line repairs I have had to get them in a couple of times and their was never a problem even though I'm not with Telstra, Teltra are responsible for the lines, not the minor companies.
I heard there were 12000 lines cut when Conec2 went down, funny how mainstream media seemed to let this one go without comment!

I have Telstra trying to reconnect me at the moment and I should have phones again early next week, but I'm not sure how long I will be with them. $40.00 a month plus all calls just to connect me to the copper system :o
I pay $29 a month for my mobile with calls and data!
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Glen08

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 12:04:50 AM »
Couldn't get through either, from nsw.
My mobile has been down for nearly two days, thanks optus!

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 07:42:24 AM »
I thought I was on a good plan with Vodafone a while ago but having a phone that you can only use as a camera as they had next to no coverage is false savings ,back with Telstra now no probs