Author Topic: Trip to the USA.  (Read 153584 times)

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Trip to the USA.
« on: February 22, 2011, 04:57:31 PM »
Thanks to Bill Davis of the Texas Vintage Racing Club for the offer to race his dirt trackers in the US. Plan to pick his bikes up in Dallas early July then proceed over 1000 miles north to race at Bike Week in Ashland (half mile) then down to Du Quoin (mile) the weekend after. Got a fair bit to do, to make it happen.

Curly3

Re: Trip to the USA.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:27:13 PM »
Glad to hear you got something organised Pete, I haven't heard back from Bruce as yet but I'll still let you know if I do.
I hope you're going to post heaps of photo's up here, any idea what you'll be riding.
We're all jealous.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 05:35:32 PM »
Good luck you lucky bastard .............   Do 52 proud :)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline oldmxracer

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 08:29:12 AM »
I live about 40 minutes from The Magic Mile. Lots of history and a sweet facility. You gonna have fun.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:24:35 AM »
Bill has offered me a choice of 3 or all of his bikes,- MX250B converted to twin shock, 19in spool front, 18in rear(all have rear brake, required in later classes), really looking forward to the Yam, I had one in a Hagon in the day, really sweet motor. He also has 2 X RT1 based bikes, one in a Champion with spool front and the other is his TT bike lowered with front brake. The 360's sound super trick YZ360B ports with reeds, radial heads, 38 Mikuni's etc. Very much in his debt as I am going to drag them over 1000 miles one way. Will try and keep site posted on progress / long way to go yet. Will get away straight after Aust. titles, wife has orders to put me on plane seat next to her - conscious or not.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:41 PM »
Your a doer Pete,all the doors have opened for you ,make us proud mate. Shame you won't be a the Penrith Charity Meeting.

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
You're right Dave, Pete is definitely a do'er.
We're all are looking on jealously of his trip to the US.
I know you're thinking that this will make your attempt for the Trifecta of wins at the Nepean 20 lapper will be just that bit easier, well think again.
We're sick of you imports coming in and stealing the booty, you'd better be prepared to shed a tooth or a nail this year.
Anyone with a potent pre 75er, drop me a line, we can't let these raids go on.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 08:28:45 AM »
That Nepean Pre-75 (now '85 as well) is a fantastic event, 2 days of laid back racing. Davey won't have it all his way Steve, pre- 70 champ Dion Muirhead is keen to go and wrestle the big Yam for 25laps. Sorry mate another Griffith rider. Check out Chris Jones DuQuoin Magic Mile on youtube;-big place.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 08:39:35 PM »
Geday Steve,
Re the Trifecta that will be a task with or with out(that lucky bugger Pete not being there).I have a ball at the charity meeting ,casual two days & a few beers with the Mafioso around a fire drum is the real appeal & monies raised for a great cause. Hope Nepean has another cracker of a meeting. Let Pete shine & whoop some yankee butt. ;D

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
You're right Dave, the biggest attraction to our sport, for me, is the commaraderie.
Pete is a lucky bugger sure but I'm sure he's worked hard to be in a position to do stuff like that.
He should be a pinup boy for our ageing population.
Hopefully he can, open up a whole can o whoopass on those septics.

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 10:02:29 AM »
Thankfully, Bill has been to Australia (was talking to his mate in WA last night) so he is no doubt aware of Australians keen rivalry and sense of humor.
I'll be waving a Texas flag while I'm over there, I may need some back-up.

Offline oldmxracer

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 10:58:42 AM »
Now Pete, I'm looking forward to pitting you at DuQuoin,....but a Texas flag?! Fly them OZ colors man!....Andy

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2011, 09:36:23 AM »
Heading off on Saturday,Bill has invited Colleen and I to BBQ with the Texas Dirt Trackers so looking forward to that on the wend.
Will try and keep the forum updated on progress(via Jim).
Bill has been very busy preparing his Rickman Yamaha 650 for me to ride,as we all know these things don't ready themselves,let alone changing forks and wheels etc to meet eligibilty issues.
I have been told how generous the American people are but Bill Davis has been unreal,thanks mate.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2011, 09:51:15 AM »
just got back yesterday from the usa after 5 weeks have a good time peter
cheers
jim

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
 Hi pete, You are going to have an absolute ball over there! Very friendly/helpful  people. ENJOY!!  regards  Mark