Author Topic: Round 5 N.S.W Heaven V.M.X At Lakes  (Read 8827 times)

oz555ktm

Round 5 N.S.W Heaven V.M.X At Lakes
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:21:12 PM »
Yes Now only 2 weeks to Go and only 1 week to get a Entry in !!!!!!!!!!
Now Please do not leave it to Friday nigth ..
Poor Don than has to do it all in a rush and work on Bikes as well .
So Do it Now ..
This will be the First time Heaven Vintage MX has raced at lake .
a few months ago we sent a few Test riders to check it out that came back all with a
big  Smiles and Empty fuel tanks ...
As good as Lake Glenborn ....Better  ..

Heaven Vintage Mx we be runnig the Same race class as we allways do

On Saturday you can Ride all Day as much as you like  ( NO Racing  )

But Suday it is RACING ....................

Pre 65 Open
  Pre 70 Open
  Pre 75 125
  pre75 250
  pre 75 over 250
  pre 78 125
  pre 78 250
  pre 78 over 250
  4 stroke Class Under 250cc
  4 Srroke Class Over 250cc
  Evo 125
  Evo 250
  Evo over 250
  Pre 85  125
  Pre 85 Open
  Pre 85 Only
  this means your bike MUST have ,A  Disc Brake on the front OR water Cooling  OR a Single rear Shock..
  Or all of the three .

For More INFO and to down load a Entry Form Go to The Heaven Web Site

See you all later .......
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:25:35 PM by oz555ktm »

Offline DG 26

• B-Grade
  • 250H 125D it490 looking for pre75bike
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5 N.S.W Heaven V.M.X At Lakes
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »
How much is race entry? is the cantein running ? & can we practice saturday? :)

oz555ktm

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 08:04:24 PM »
Yes you can Practice on the Saturday ..

You get to Ride all Day ..

cost is Less than a Slab of Beer and you can Bring as Many Bike as you Like ..

Your Bike Do Not Need to Be Show Queen all it has to do is Past Scruitinning and
than wack on a Number ...

Heaven is all about Riding Bikes and Having Fun with a Lot of Top Blokes ....

Offline DG 26

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 08:42:13 PM »
oz555ktm
whats this i here you are riding a HUSKY at Lakes? :o :o ;D

Offline DG 26

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:52:17 PM »
ozktm555 are you riding the HUSKY IN Pre 78 or EVO ?   ::)
Get your entrys in ph/fax 0248695279 or email heavenvintagemx@bigpond.com for more info  ;D

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 10:58:54 PM »
I've just been out to the Lakes track on my Kato traily today to check out how its looking.
They had a round of the Aust. MX Champ's here a couple weeks ago and so it got a bit chopped up, but I can tell you its all been groomed back perfect for the old bikes.
I reckon you would even have a ball on pre 65 bikes the way it is now.
Not many big jumps and they seem to be rolled off on the lead ups, a nice table top and plenty of big uphill and downhill runs - better have good brakes.
Looks a little dry so some watering might be the go, but the soil still looks good.
Mick Mac

Offline DG 26

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
The track sounds like FUN Mick hope you dont roost me to much when you pass me  ;D ;D ;D see you at the track Saturday  :D
Ps were is slack Rossco?

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 04:43:44 PM »
New clutch in the CZ,
so I'm good to go,
sounds like a fun track,

Cheers
Noel

Rosco400

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 07:01:02 PM »
Ps were is slack Rossco?

After all the time out with injury, you think id get my bikes sorted, got new set of YSS shocks coming for the  490 Maico but not arrived so hopefully tommorrow, if not, only got one bike to ride Pre 70 and the 4" of travel and lack of ride time & fitness will be a hurdle, pre 78 set up for the Dirt track and I aint changing the setup for nothing, will have to cop a late entry fee Mr 26 as just had too much on the plate ::) but i will be there with my best attitude   :-* :D can always give me the PA system to operate and a hose to water the track :P

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »
Yeah, perfect Rossco, president Dennis might have something more to say about your midnite runs on the PA, and your track watering skills are diabolical!
ps Who's camping at the track, I am planning to.
Mick

Offline crossedup2

• B-Grade
  • Never enough shed time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 10:48:30 PM »
Mick

I know that DG26, Anton and I are camping. I'm sure Dennis and Snowy will tent it.

I'll bring the red wine for Saturday night  :P and Panadole for Sunday Morning  8)!!!

Pete
Anything Yamaha. AT1, CT1 (X3), RT1, DT3 (x3), YZ125X,  YZ250E, YZ400D, IT175E, IT250H, XR500RC . Always looking for Pre 78 Yamaha stuff....

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2009, 02:07:49 PM »
Looking forward to having a race at the lakes. Having a decent set of brakes would be a big advantage going by this photo on their web site. Be good to race somewhere different.   

http://www.lakesmotorcycleclub.com/?page_id=24&album=3&gallery=3

Rosco400

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 05:55:24 PM »
Wow, great track and very user friendly, not to bad on the old bikes either, whats your thoughts 8)

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 06:31:49 PM »
Yep track was awsome. Had a great weekend and hope we will be going back.

Saturday night was very quiet though Rossco. ;D We missed you.

Cheers
Shaun

two_dogs

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2009, 06:49:27 PM »
I reckon this guy had a good time. Dan on the step up !

I raced two races for two lasts (#145 IT400C). Very hard challenging track on an old bike.
Had a ball. Thanks to all who helped out.

I took 350 photos and have some crackers. Send me your number and I'll see if I have you

Andrew

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:42:34 PM »
Great weekend. Thanks to the Lakes Club for the venue. Good to have somewhere with some permanent creature comforts such as power, toilets and hot showers. I had a ball racing on this track and can't wait to go back there. Couple of guys hurt during practice on Saturday ( Greg & Dean) , hope you guys are on the mend quickly and back racing soon.
Some new members for the club also on the weekend and talking with those guys, they are keen to finish the year off with all rounds, so good to see. Thanks to the committee for all there hard work that they put in for an event and hope that Dennis is on the mend soon. I think he may of just got scared after his last weekend at Buladelah???
Would be good to get more feedback regarding the track? Cheers
Dan

two_dogs

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 08:46:16 PM »
a few more having fun

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 09:53:37 AM »
Great weekend AWESOME track nothing too big just heaps of fun and those uphills were full throtle!!!

Hope HEAVEN can do it again next year.

Damo

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »
pharrrk ,"nothing too big",the marshall on point 18 (top of THE hill) was using an oxygen mask ;D ;D,wasn't so bad going up,buuuutttt coming down,geezas,no brakes to speak of??,(at least i got to rest going down  ::)),still it was fun (sort of ;)),i was a little concerned on the jumps,good thing my belly pan was the alloy one & not the later f/glass type,coz thats all that was holding the Ossa trials frame together  :(,,good track,good guys,top weekend
ps hey Joel,pull a double shift mate,(punishment for late shift arrival??)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 12:44:19 PM »
Great track, bit like how I'd imagine and old school European or Carlsbad track to be. Holding the throttle to the stops on the uphills trying to dodge the roost from the guy in front was great stuff. Bloody hard work on a pre 75 but fun all the same, absolutely brilliant for evo/pre 85 bigger bore stuff. Be nice to be out in front but heaps of fun just dicing mid pack. As a bonus the spectators get to see most of the track. Thanks to the Heaven committee for all the hard work and giving us the chance to race somewhere new and within a reasonable distance to Sydney.   

Offline ricakk

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 05:32:09 PM »
Great track, great people, great weekend, I have got to stop hitting the ground without
my bike, will have to practice more and lose about 25 kg. yeh right.

magoo

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
I've got to agree boys, that track is awesome. Great surface, huuge up hills with some sphincter puckering downhills, awesome berms, whoops, stutters, unreal. If any of the interstate boys want a real challenge, we've found the place. Really well run meeting so to Fernando, Donny and the crew thanks for everything.

two_dogs

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »
A few more pics

This guy won most races he was in

Killer Table Top

Getting some air

This is how to corner

The step up

Paul getting the most out of his suspension

oz555ktm

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 07:55:00 PM »
It Was a Hard Call To stay at Home and stay in Bed when you know every one was going
to have FAT TIME Riding and Racing .

Is good to see that every one had a good time and That all Member Chip in and Help But We all Know That .

So Can you all stop ring me and tell me How Much Fun You Had .... Please ...

Look Out now at The EVO Challeng  ON the 12th and 13th of September 2009

two_dogs

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 08:26:46 PM »
Mick
I think this is Mark on the step up before the finish line, I had a chat with him about my IT, nice bloke.

I'll email one tomorrow
Andrew

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 10:35:13 PM »
Pre85 Grid,

Hill climbing the Pre70 CZ 360 put a smile on my face,
liked the track a lot, but not one for a lazy rider,
 clutch and brake work for the corners and down hills really made you work on those skills ,
go back again tomorrow even with the old bikes.
Cheers
Noel

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 09:15:29 AM »
Injury Update for Dean Burt.

Deano has a broken collar bone which will need surgery in the next couple of days to fix properly.

KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 10:19:12 PM »
Having just gotten over a collarbone and shoulderblade break with some nice screws fitted, I can sympathise with what Dean is going thru again...its my second and he said it is his second too.
I saw him go over the tyre wall and wondered what the hell happened... he was smokin' at the time.
Anyway when his bike came in his rear brake backing plate had broken up completely and probably jammed and thrown him over the wall, either that or no brake at all.
I guess he'll have some time to polish his Aussie VMX Championship trophies in his time off and thank his lucky stars it didn't happen up at Conondale the other week. Get well Dean.
Anyway I had a great first ride back, and its a balls out track thats for sure! YOU GOTTA LOVE THOSE FULL NOISE 5TH GEAR UPHILLS.

two_dogs

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »
A few more

Check out No. 46

Some more air & styling

Holeshot

montynut

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »
Have to agree that the 3.75 laps of practise I got in before my crash where great. I was finding the track layout challenging but great, nothing that the EVO bike and I was not comfortable with  :). Unfortunately my relatively low speed get off  :-[ resulted in both bones in my left leg broken  :'(. Thank God for POD Knee braces as the surgeon indicated I would have had a completely destroyed knee as the Tibia has a major spiral break. I now own a nice new titanium rod the length of the Tibia. See the Heaven guys in a few months.

The Monty was going great to. Oh well next time!!

Greg

Rosco400

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2009, 01:05:31 AM »
Unlucky Greg. Always the simple get offs are the ones that seem to leave  a lasting impression :-[ :-\

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2009, 06:43:26 AM »
Boys,

The Last Race Report.

Seano (# 43) ran a consistent fast 2nd all day against some really good competition. He came up against Jens Olsen (#172 & ex 1970's Aussie125 Champion) in the last race of the day. All eyes on the last race.

Seano got the jump at the start on the Husky 250 and Jens was up his arse on what appeared to be a clapped out TS/TM (Actually most of it was RH) And it was on. Seano was smooth and strong under pressure. Jumping really well and taking most of the wide lines of a fast fast up and down hill track. Funny how it looks flat on google maps….

The track had several large table tops through it. The last being in line with the chequered flag. The last chance to pass was on a hair pin turn on the one of the steepest parts of the track. Seano failed to steal Jens’ inside line and went wide. Jens took his favourite inside line which was just as fast as the wide. Seano came in first and came out first. The chance for overtaking was over. The apprentice was about the beat the master.

It was only now a matter of 150m with a slight left bend after a big dip, through to a step up to ground level and line of sight to the winners flag. Full noise from both. Jens had not yet given up it appeared.

It was about then that Jens’ words of wisdom from the post practice drinks the arvo before, entered Seano’s head. The Master had said in a well established Viking accent `You know Sean ve air not racing fur sheep stations here at Heaven’ 

And at that moment the Husky front end dipped slightly. `Gotta still go to work on Monday' Seano said. The Husky didn’t slow down, just a slight dip in the acceleration. Not so with Jens. He had grown wings. The scrappy looking Suzuki went up a gear and forward. Faster than any other bike for the day at the head of the finish table top.

He overtook Seano in the air. 6 feet above him in the air. Seano landed at the end of the 20 metre table top. Jens was still above. Cleared the top, cleared the 5 metres of down ramp, plus another 3 metres on the flat of the track. Seano had no hope of pulling up for the off ramp and ran through to the main straight. Stood in front of the race crazed crowd. Jens had no chance of making the off ramp either. But did his best.

Flat slide into the off ramp tyre wall. The RH wedged tight in the tyres.

So if the Viking isn't racing for sheep stations we want to know what they race for in Norway

Adventure before Dementia

Thanks for the memories.

KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg