Author Topic: RM125S questions for the Guru's  (Read 15060 times)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: RM125S questions for the Guru's
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2022, 12:28:07 PM »
Go to 'Suzuki Racing Kit MX' page on Facebook, they have pics of the kit with American part number lists.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=460318346283298&set=pcb.460318439616622
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2022, 02:06:23 PM »
Kit didn't come to Australia as the bikes were sold already kitted.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2022, 04:28:56 PM »
The barrels are yet another Suzuki Myth. Everyone including myself believed for years that the S was hand ported. I really dont know where this started but it has been confirmed by a member who builds great bikes in QLD and has/had both and they were originals. When asked he stated there was no difference with the M and S porting at all. You could likely search for the thread. Possibly more American marketing hype.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2022, 05:40:24 PM »
Go to the link, see what you think.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2022, 09:42:59 PM »
 The man to ask is Dodgee. You could try sending him a pm though he never was that comfortable with this style of communication and prefers phone calls. A conversation many years ago with Wayne Doc and myself  he says the porting is unchanged though the inlet may be larger to suit the bigger carb. Now another anomaly the parts book shows a 14 fin head which Wayne had and its listed for the M model only and a 15 fin for the S. Another to ask would be PERMS . Pete owns the very pretty S that regularly scores top marks at Conondale classic show n shine. But the guru of Suzuki has to be Doc, if he doesnt know then it didnt happen. best of luck with the investigation.

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2022, 01:16:42 PM »
Go to the link, see what you think.

The kit does obviously come with a barrel that has a large inlet port but is it any different to local "M" or "S" barrel? The parts book does list a different barrel after a certain frame number which my guess would be the same as the local "S" and some of the "M". The kit may have been manufactured for the early batch of "M" models that may or may-not have had smaller inlet ports.
If you can tell from the photo what the inlet port size is as a comparison the "S" barrel I have sitting here in front of me has a 35.6mm inlet port and has been highly polished and the transfer passages have been knife edged as well. . What I don't know is the polish factory or not but my guess is not. Those "S" pipes are a very nice thing and make a TM125 go quite a bit better.