Author Topic: YZ250J Fuel Mix?  (Read 12698 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: YZ250J Fuel Mix?
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »
Read a good comment from (I think an oil company) one of the earlier endless oil debates that went along the lines of high revving road bikes need more oil then trail bikes that aren’t always at full noise.
It made a lot of sense to me, road bikes are always screaming and trail bikes can often be at half throttle flicking between trees so there will always be arguments about oil ratios because what a 15 grand revving engine will need will always be different to a trials bike.

‘Back in my day’ I ran my 125 in the Vic enduro series, the four day, club MX and a couple of opens, a few interclub events and also trail rode it all on TTS at 40;1 (the good old days when I rode every weekend)
Didn’t run that mix because I thought I was getting more power, it was all that seemed to be needed and about a clean engine that wasn’t going to foul a plug at the bottom of a ravine after riding down some mother hill with the throttle chopped all the way.
I put 2 pistons in it for the year but it was always within spec when I pulled it down.

If engines need all this oil in the mix to keep it cool than how do the oil injected bikes get away with such lean mixtures?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline flyingdg

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2014, 12:49:31 AM »

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2014, 07:46:09 AM »
Here you go. A well jetted bike running maxima at 40 to 1 with a non wobbler aboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqEYkES17rY
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2014, 08:06:53 AM »
We knew the motor wouldn't let go but we were hoping the gearbox would that day. Sorry Mick ;D

Christian Horwood, great rider.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline foxy999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2014, 11:10:40 AM »
nice ride, I hate it when the mud gets the lens.....old mate on the mx250 goes alright to !
My fastest lap is the first one :)