Author Topic: Living in Perth, Western Australia  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Living in Perth, Western Australia
« on: August 26, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »
Hello everyone!
Just would like to ask for an advise and help. I am moving to Perth in a couple of weeks and would like to get an advise about where to live in Pert and what areas should I avoid when looking for a home. I know that places like Scarborough and Cottesloe are popular but thats about it. Can anyone point me in right direction?
Thank you for all your help a advice.
Tomas

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Living in Perth, Western Australia
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 09:34:25 PM »
Move in next door to KTM.... ;D

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 09:20:56 AM »
where will you be working - basically Perth is north or south of the river - better class of people live north of course  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 02:17:56 PM »
Midland, Balga, Koondoola, Redcliffe, Bassendean and Vic Park might be worth overlooking... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 03:38:46 PM »
Anywhere Rossco lives.  Like all cities some good suburbs some bad.  Housing prices can give you a good Idea.  As Rossco says depaends where you will be working, south side is better
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »
Midland, Balga, Koondoola, Redcliffe, Bassendean and Vic Park might be worth overlooking... ::)

A Drone strike would fix these areas, as well as Girrawheen, Maylands, Wembley, Midland, Lochridge, Leda, Kwinana and Rockingham, Tuart Hill, Yokine basically anywhere there is high density housing complexes or low rent units.

Perth is over-crowded for it's public transport and freeways to handle the volume now using it, don't live anwhere you need to use the Kwinana freeway it's a "car park" and jammed up with slow traffic day and night.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 04:17:05 PM »
What part of the world are you in now, Tomas?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 06:39:55 PM »
Thank you for replies. I dont have a job in Perth to go to yet, so I  guess i am going to drive to wherever my new job will be(would not mind a fifo job so i dont have to drive much). I am used to driving in traffic in Sydney so it should not be a problem. South of the river sounds good. Hopefully get something reasonably priced with garage for my bike. There are also some good  vmx  tracks around Perth i would like to check and hopefully have a ride (pre85vmxwa). It all looks interesting so far.
Thank you for your help and ideas.
Tomas

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
Ocean Reef is nice,a mate of mine lived there for 5 years. He always said that WA stands for Wait Awhile... LOL
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...