Author Topic: Motorcycling Australia  (Read 52538 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Motorcycling Australia
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:38 AM »

MA Rule Change Submissions closing 1 March

February 27, 2012

Motorcycling Australia (MA) would like to advise that rule change submissions must be received by 1 March 2012 to be considered for inclusion in the 2013 Manual of Motorcycle Sport (MoMS).
The MoMS contains the General Competition Rules, which govern the participation and conduct of Motorcycle Sport in Australia. Changes are sometimes made to these rules to make competition easier or fairer, to reflect changes in technology or equipment, or to make the meaning of the rules clearer.

MA acknowledges that those most involved with the sport are in an excellent position to provide feedback on the rules, and encourages those within the Motorcycle Sport community to provide feedback on the current rules.

Clubs, State Controlling Bodies and individuals are welcome to submit suggestions for amendments to existing rules, and suggestions for the addition of new rules, to help make the sport better for our competitors.

All submissions must be returned to MA on an official Rule Amendment or Inclusion Form by C.O.B on 1 March.

Submissions will be forwarded to the relevant Commission for consideration.
To find out more about the Rule Change process or to submit feedback, please visit MoMs Homepage.

rule book online  http://www.ma.org.au/index.php?id=1770

« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 07:09:18 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2013, 07:48:19 PM »
That's right
Here is the chance for all those that are not happy with the guidelines we ride under to have their say through the proper channels and get something done rather than complain on forums ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2013, 09:26:38 PM »
News up here today from out west (of Qld) is that 2 more clubs have pulled the pin on MA and are going it alone with their riders as far as events/insurance et al is concerned.
The Stanthorpe club ( sth west of here) has gone this way some time back and is going great guns, holding good big events with plenty of riders of all ages and pocketing all the dough MA usually grabs.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
No more FIM races for you then Wally

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »
 I think the proper response to problems with a controlling body of any type is...

Dont leave it, fix it.
pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Montynut

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 04:16:52 PM »
So does that mean an application for the
2014  Australian Post Classic Motocross Championship
has been submitted or just left off the list

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 05:04:11 PM »
The first club that will do that in SA will have my full  support .

it was done last week by Tea Tree Gully ( 60 new riders) this weekend at mud and tars, so did a few others.  Any club even today has the right to host up to 4 come and try days of there own per year ( free permit wise) 
you been asleep wally
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:10:09 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
My bitch for today

Rider Levy gone up  >:(  cough it up clubs  >:(
First aid certificates for officals and (level ones)practice days  >:(
Now we have to get trees checked for saftey...arent they carbon credits for our clubs and too help give out oxygen against the two strokes...  >:(

this shits killing our sport and does not encourage new riders at all.  >:( 
WORLD GONE MAD   >:(
Best is in the West !!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 01:31:00 PM »
My bitch for today

Rider Levy gone up  >:(  cough it up clubs  >:(
First aid certificates for officals and (level ones)practice days  >:(
Now we have to get trees checked for saftey...arent they carbon credits for our clubs and too help give out oxygen against the two strokes...  >:(

this shits killing our sport and does not encourage new riders at all.  >:( 
WORLD GONE MAD   >:(

Ummmm......WHAT THE FUK deems a tree to be un safe!!?? I'd love to see the rule book and guidelines for that inspection process :D gawd almighty! ::)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 01:36:04 PM »
Yep I've had enough of all the crap, time for something new/change.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 01:41:58 PM »
I'm so over MA and the state bodies and their cash grabs. The organisation started out to look after motorcyclists rights and to promote the sport but they've morphed into a money grabbing autocracy whose only reason for being seems to be to suck money off the little guy and his club....kind of like government and big business. When was the last time these pricks did something that assisted the little guy racer and the small club or promoter?

They're driving people away from the sport in droves but the pricks are so set on figuring the next way of making a quid out of us they're blinded to our needs. >:(
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 01:42:29 PM »

Ummmm......WHAT THE FUK deems a tree to be un safe!!?? I'd love to see the rule book and guidelines for that inspection process :D gawd almighty! ::)

just the shire and DEC telling clubs what to do...silver city has too keep busy I suppose  ::)
That also bring it too the point of why we need good strong committees and memebership to work hard together  :P
and what Firko said  ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:48:02 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 02:01:21 PM »
Generally termites , fungal diseases , root rot , salinity problems and in some cases old age make trees very unsafe.

Many circuits are surrounded by trees and particularly the pit/spectator areas which present rather significant public liabilty issues.

Tree checks would be carried out annualy by Tree Doctors or Arborists qualified in this type of assesment.

Motor Cycling Australia are our governing body and modern society requires modern solutions particulary in repect to insurance liabilities , so the gradual rises we see in levies are generally link to insurance repsonsabilites.

So lets not be to hard on the governing bodies ,
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:07:40 PM by HVA61 »
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
Generally termites , fungal diseases , root rot , salinity problems and in some cases old age make trees very unsafe.

Many circuits are surrounded by trees and particularly the pit/spectator areas which present rather significant public liabilty issues.

Tree checks would be carried out annualy by Tree Doctors or Arborists qualified in this type of assesment.

Motor Cycling Australia are our governing body and modern society requires modern solutions particulary in repect to insurance liabilities , so the grdual rises we see in levies are generally link to insurance repsonsabilites.

So lets not be to hard on the governing bodies ,

There's always more to it I guess, so Rob what is the safety aspect/risk they're inspecting for? Is it about trees that won't take someone crashing into them too well or the unexpected fall risk should they be in areas that are likely to have lots of spectators/participants nearby?
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 02:16:34 PM »
So lets not be to hard on the governing bodies
So lets take it out on the insurance companies that milk our hard earned dollar in every facet of our lives. Public risk liability and OH&S are killing small business, sports associations and just about any organisation that has human interaction involved. The leeches are continually finding new ways to scare government and administration bodies into adopting new legislation (and more expensive insurance coverage) to protect us from ourselves. Look behind everything we do in modern society and you'll find a smiling fat cat insurance company stuffing hundred dollar bills into its pockets by the millions.

Whew....That's got my two pet hates, insurance companies and MA off my chest in one fell swoop. I feel better now. ;D
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha