Author Topic: What are you taking to CD6  (Read 7638 times)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What are you taking to CD6
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
I'm not sure that we should allow you guys to camp so close together.

You could argue that keeping all the crusty old VMX yahoos in one place makes it easy to keep an eye on you. Or you could argue that you should be separated for the good of all the other attendees? Then again we could just put a fence around you and charge the kiddies for a look? I'll will work on the appropriate signage.

Then again, I suppose it will be OK, so long as Magoo is kept well away… and those damn Kiwis… and Brad… and the Band… Ahhhh man this is goin' to be hard work!!!

And you wonder why the wives don't understand. Can't wait!!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

211kawasaki

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 06:25:47 PM »
The MX250B for Steve Gall is ready - rang steve the other day as I just wanted to touch base on the subject of the ride - we discussed the look of the bike, Stephen wants it to be as close to the ADB #1 shot as possible and has most of the gear he rode with back then. So we discussed the rectangular front number plate and where to get one. He put down the phone went to a shelf and pulled one out of his bits; an original the same as the one he had on the MX250B that day- brand new, not to be completely outdone he even had numbers (55) that he had cut from contact in about 1975 still in a file ready for use as well as the mountings.

The guy is the king of horders! Thankfully!!!

He is also the king of detail

Dave T

DR

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2009, 06:30:43 PM »
 :D
The guy is the king of horders! Thankfully!!!

not quite Dave but, no doubt Mr Galls' stuff is a little more collectable than most :D

firko

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 10:51:12 AM »

Firko , which night is the Chilly night ?
I'm easy Walter, but Saturday night is probably the easiest. If anyone else wants to enter the Second Annual Classic Dirt Chili Cookoff, feel free to bring along your concoctions. Last year we had four entries and every one of them was totally different. I reckon I won but I was reminded the next day by Ross Martin and Walter  that they'd won. I'll have to throw a few more beers at the judges this year. Anyone dropping by the Kompound on Saturday night is welcome to a cup of chili. We're also stopping at the Ballina fish co-op on the way up to pick up some fish and prawns for the BBQ.  ;D ;D

For the rum conosieur, Mai Tais have been added to the cocktail menu and banana Daquiris will probably be added later this week, especially for the ladies. Peter Rowland emailed me this morning to let me know that he's created a new blender especially for this event. After the Maico and Jawa efforts from previous years, who knows what this one will be!

Hey Dave, is Gally parking his YZa and MXb in the Kompound with us? They'd fit in nicely next to Chippys YZ360B  ;)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:10:02 AM by firko »

DR

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »
This is obviously the absolute minimum dress standard for CD6 kindly modeled by the guest of honor, Anthony 'The Grunt' Gunter ;D bike pant leg clips must be worn when on the course proper. Bright yellow duct tape can be used as a substitute for those whom are forgetful ;)

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 03:59:19 PM by Doc »

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2009, 01:59:59 PM »
Firko be ready to lose your chilli cookoff trophy- we have have a ring in. From Qld tripods

husky61

« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2009, 02:37:45 PM »
There will be auto's galore and there be music

mainline

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
if it doesn't stop raining soon you'll all have to bring a snorkel, half of brissy is under water.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »
if it doesn't stop raining soon you'll all have to bring a snorkel, half of brissy is under water.

Do worry too much,half the Suzuki collection attending is high and dry  ;)   ;D

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=7855.msg76348;boardseen#new
Best is in the West !!

mainline

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 03:47:23 PM »
I think he usually keeps most of them upstairs in his loungeroom anyway :)

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »
At least we shouldn't have a dust problem!!!
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

DR

« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2009, 06:44:25 PM »
eh thanks guys but my little collection is far from anything to get excited about :D I reckon CD6 will be awash with yellow hence I plan on taking the orange bikes this year ;D tell ya what though, this rain better let up soon or it's going to be CD5 revisited ::) least I have some wet weather experience under my belt this year ;D

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:53 PM »
I've been watching the radar maps... ;)

Looks like Conondale has missed the big wet (so far).  ::)

« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »
On a side note to CD6, with the Kiwi's that will be staying at my place on thursday night, im having a barbie and anyone coming up is welcome. I have plenty of room to sleep the night although it will be warm and dry, it might mean pulling out your sleeping bag and sleeping on the floor. I am on acreage so plenty of room for cars, trucks , trailers.
This extends to any locals too. If you dont know anyone such as myself, dont let that stop you! Again, all welcome.( Suzuki attire will not be permitted!!) ;D
Cheers, Brad.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2009, 04:45:43 PM »

This extends to any locals too. If you dont know anyone such as myself, dont let that stop you! Again, all welcome.( Suzuki attire will not be permitted!!) ;D
Cheers, Brad.

He means you Bill  ;D  You'll have to remove that big S from your chest  ;D
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer