Author Topic: Husky 390CR 3 piece clutch  (Read 2435 times)

Offline subarumy98

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Husky 390CR 3 piece clutch
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »
HI

Our 390CR clutch has 3 pieces ot the basket assembly. The middle portion being a steel disk with ring gear, and there should be 6 rubber donuts sandwhiched between the inner and outer ally parts.

Are these indeed rubber ?
Anyone have dimensions ?
Suggestions on what I can substitute with ?

Thanks in advance

Trevor

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Husky 390CR 3 piece clutch
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 09:36:40 AM »
I'm not all that familiar with Husky's but I pulled out of an event once when my 89 KX250 was making horrible noises, I thought it had done a big end but turned out to be a cush drive system in the clutch basket. Turned the oil into real sludge with all that ground up rubber.
I found some rubber mat the right thickness, found a tube the right diameter to match the basket, sharpened the end of the tube to form a punch & cut out some rubber bits to fit, rubber was nothing special but you wouldn't want anything too soft. Put it all back together & it ran fine.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 08:54:55 PM »
Young Trev,

I have just pulled out my CR390 owners manual. Page 30 point 5 refers to radial play between the cogwheel and the clutch ring. Says, `If so replace the rubber buffers with new ones' Simple if you have ths suckers.

Also checked a parts manual for a CR 240 (circa around you bikes age) and it clearly shows the rubber buffers. It gives the description as `Damping Element'  Part # 16 11 152-01.

Hope this helps a bit. Let me know how you go getting them. I may be able to get them, but no promises.

All the best

Pete
KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline subarumy98

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 07:10:19 AM »
Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

In the interests of time, I fashioned up rubbers out of door stoppers, turning them in a makeshift drill / sanding arrangement.
They came together all fine.
Frame has returned too.

All we have to do is re-assemble everything, and get ready for the race on 10 Nov.

Will keep you all posted.

Trevor in South Africa