Author Topic: Vinduro - who is going?  (Read 3365 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Vinduro - who is going?
« on: September 27, 2007, 10:24:57 PM »
Like the title says...

The Wife and I entered late  :-[ but have been allocated #17A and 17B - so I assume there hasn't been a truck-load of entries....

Really looking foward to it.
The DT175 VMXer looks awesome with lights - if there was such a beast as an IT175C, I reckon that it'd look like my bike does (apart from colour).
The 175cc AT1 looks hideous but goes like the clappers (no, really - part of me is in a chest beating mood and wants to take it out for a beserk lap).
The boss is also enthusiastic.

Talk of 'displays' scares me though - the AT1 makes a very strong anti-aesthetic statment... :)

So... who else is going?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Re: Vinduro - who is going?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 08:14:42 AM »
I'm not goin Nathan .I going to Barrabool instead but i've got 2 decent tyres for ya so if anyone is goin from south east melbourne or peninsula and can take these up for Nathan. It's a shame to miss it and i hope it goes alright coz i would like to do that type of event in the future  .Contact Hilly. 0407320423
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline vmxken

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:47:17 AM »
Rob Langlands and I are heading off tomorrow morning.  Rob will be riding his SWM 175 (I think) and I will be on a KT250.  Should be fun, see you there.

Ken

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 09:03:41 AM »
Unfortunately no-one who is racing the VIPER series. The VIPER date was set long before the Vinduro date and maybe next year some cordination on dates will see us all at the 2008 Vinduro. I think most with a vintage bike interest would love to be there, especially all the Victorians, but you can't be in two places at the same time.
Cheers,
K

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 09:26:28 AM »
I'll be there with my IT250K.

Tex

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 01:15:32 PM »
I'll be going but it now seems that the Zed I was offered won't start so I'll just be a spectator.
Last I heard they had about 50+ entries with some more expected to enter on the day.
I abused Drakie for the date clash & he said he looked on M.A.'s site & the Viper round wasn't listed.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 07:15:36 PM »
 Jimbo here, pulled a 74 wr 400 [for my mate Fitzy ] and a 78 390 [both Huskies ] for myself out and we are both looking forward to the event # 15a &# 15 b .Rain today should kept the dust down. regards Jimbo.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 09:42:02 PM »
...so I'll just be a spectator.

Surely you'll be able to blag a ride on something? Hell, I can answer that: Yes you can - it might be some sort of little 175 Yamaha, but you're more than welcome to take either/both of them for a blat.

And I've gotta say thanks to the forum member who rang me up and offered a bike when he learned of the dramas with Anna's DT175. Thanks Jim, you're a champ. :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 10:30:37 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 10:07:28 PM »
Thanks for the offer Nathan. I'm not sure on the format of the event but thought I may be able to scab a ride somewhere.
I was also looking forward to some more photography practice if I can remember to buy a film tomorrow. Back in my day son, our camera's needed bloody film to take pictures.
If nothing else Drakie owes me a ride on his Ossa for the mess it left in my workshop ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/