Author Topic: 1970 TS90 parts required  (Read 937 times)

DR

1970 TS90 parts required
« on: March 25, 2009, 05:24:01 pm »
In the process of fixing up an old TS90 but it's missing a few bits (actually a lot of bits!) I'd like to go back to std so I'm looking for any of the road equipment, headlight, tail light, speedo, ignition switch, wiring harness, battery box and lastly, an oil tank and seat (TS100 seat could be adapted). Prefer local items rather than ebay US so I thought it best to ask here first. Any help greatly appreciated, Thanks

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: 1970 TS90 parts required
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 08:31:05 pm »
I have Rotary Valve TC/TS100 's but fair to warn you other than the engine bolting in ,nothing much else is the same. Frame, covers,wiring, lighting,seat, instruments etc,even the rear wheel is different.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

DR

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 10:01:00 pm »
Thanks Tim, the engines do swap but the TS100 is a side port exhaust and not a centre port like the 90 so not really interchangable as a complete unit due to frame/exhaust interference. TC100K/L/M mag and TS/TC100K/L/M clutch covers are the same as the TS90 but that's about all unfortunately. I should add a later model alloy/iron cylinder to the wish list also as the item it has is the cast iron job, needs a rebore, weighs a ton and I'm sure we can do better ;) 

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 12:16:02 am »
I have a headlight,round with a flat bottom that I believe is from a tc90 attached to the fork mounts.not sure if it is 1970.The rest of the bike is outside in the bike graveyard and may have a battery box. I am in tassie so it may be more cost effective if you find one locally.

let me know if you need me to check.

DR

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 06:53:51 am »
Gorby that's the right headlight alright. Flat bottom and no headlight bucket as per a normal and kinda ugly as sin. I'd forgotten I'll need the fork mounts so glad you mentioned that ;) if/when you get time I would be very interested in purhasing these bits from you. Any bits from the list above mentioned would be a great help :)