Author Topic: Scrutineering  (Read 17727 times)

TM BILL

Re: Scrutineering
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 08:51:44 PM »
Scrutineering Hmm, Hypotheticly how does a scrutineer get on if he passes a bike as being fit to race at the start of a race day , then later in the day a wheel collapses on a scrutineered bike causing injury or worse . An Investigation proves that the wheel should never  have passed scrutineering in the first place. Is the scrutineer legally liable  ???

All Things 414

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 08:56:21 PM »
Is that the sound of a can of "ACME WORMS" opening....... :D

Doc

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 08:56:31 PM »
Bill, that's fine as you sign on the line at briefing saying 'you accept your bike maybe damaged or worse and you yourself may also be damaged or worse' there is small print and wording so the collective powers that be asses are covered..or at least till someone contests liability..which will happen..sadly :-\

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 09:09:42 PM »
Very good alison....I was being a bit cheeky ;D ;D trying to get a bite from someone, obviously no one cares.
TM bill,
That's why we have insurance. In saying that the scruteener should only be looking for stuff that doesn't meet  g.c.r. requirements. "spokes that make a different noise when hit with a screwdriver" and "Sloppy wheel bearings " aren't listed.
Should a scruteener be able to knock you back because of something like that? No. They could be getting themselves into trouble by saying "You have 1/2mm play in your s/arm pivot, you can't ride" It's not a listed rule and they can't make them up on the day.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 09:31:50 PM by evo550 »

oz555ktm

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 09:56:01 PM »
And What Trouble would thay get in to ????????????????????

Ji Gantor

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2009, 10:07:55 PM »
Hi evo550,

A front sprocket needs a cover if it's more than 30mm from the outside of the swingarm pivot.

How is this measured?

So if spokes and bearings are not on the list why are they checked at every club race meet?

Are you a scrutineer?
Is there such a thing as an official or accredited scrutineer?

Ji

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2009, 10:09:24 PM »
And What Trouble would thay get in to ????????????????????

no trouble,
1:you ask very politely to go fix it- please.   :-*  
2:all you can do for the safety of your fellow VMXer.
3:If all else fails-show em the hand gun under ya jumper. ;D
4:Level 4 scrutineers are well trained in PR work  ;)
alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2009, 10:12:14 PM »
 ALL Licensed MA officials personally are fully indemnified and insured against legal action.   Yep I hear the but but buts! If you have bothered to sign up, pay for then complete and PASS the MA Stewards license course, I welcome your but but buts... if not and your not at least a Supreme court Judge ......................
JI Yes to your question about eligibility and functional scrutineers. For the Titles you should be at least level 3/ level 4 accreditation. You can ask to see the Officials License , it has their accreditation level for whatever disciplines on the back.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 10:18:14 PM by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Ji Gantor

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »
Come on guys this is about getting your bikes ready and what is required to pass scrutineering.
Lets talk about that not who is to blame if things go wrong.

So is there a guide line for the scrutineers to look for?
If so where can I get a copy?

Ji

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 10:19:34 PM »
Manual of Motorcycle sport and     .....common bloody sense.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Ji Gantor

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »
Okay talking about the pros like Craig Anderson,
Will there be fuel sampling and testing?

Ji

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2009, 10:23:48 PM »
Foot pegs         12.8.5.1     a   well rounded  and no dangerous edges due to wear  
                                       b  Hinged or pivoted  Controlled by a return spring  

I assisted with scrutineering at the tassie nats and informed a competitor that his footpegs did not have a return spring.His reply was that they only had to be self returning,seems as he may have bluffed me :-[

Ji Gantor

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2009, 10:24:03 PM »
Hi Tim754,
Can this manual of motorcycle sport be found on MA's web site?

I am sure I don't want to know where I have to go to find the other thing.

Ji

Ji Gantor

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2009, 10:28:49 PM »
Hi gorby,
See, this is what I am talking about.
If there is an accredited scrutineer than should not they and they only be performing such tasks and that said there must be a book of rules that give them guidance.
We should all take a look at this guide line so we all comply not only at the Nationals but at every club race meet.

Ji

Offline Tim754

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2009, 10:32:26 PM »
Yes on their web site or if you have a license it could be posted to you if you request. Fuel? look this is one of the last bastions of free reign on fuels, 91,95. 98 unleaded 102,116 + avgas , methanol , secret additives...... Shhhh don,t make a fuss or that will be rooted too! 89 decibels ... good grief farcical...
                                                   Voltaire.