Author Topic: TM125 Race Debut  (Read 4751 times)

Loydee

TM125 Race Debut
« on: September 10, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »
Hi just wanted to say Thanks Aussies for all your help. :) I think me TM125 is the only runner in UK and just done a 2  hour classic enduro (2 one hour sessions round a course). Yeah cheers Doc I got a spare B8ES  loaded it up put that one in but still wouldn't kick, so bumped downhill and away. Gassed it up 3 times first sesh  but like TM Bill says keep it revving and afternoon was wicked but boy do ya need the revs!! Anyway got proper stonked by Maicos, RM's and all but best blast I've had yet, I think me TS185 er,racer is getting retired. Anyway Classic DirtBike magazine was there so there'll be some coverage of it. By the way dunno if you get that in in Oz but ya can subscribe -it's awesome, lush photos like a book.
Cheers fellas ;)

TM BILL

Re: TM125 Race Debut
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 06:16:15 AM »
Loydee thats great , got any pics ? if you cant upload them would you send to vbdoe@xtra.co.nz cheers Bill

Loydee

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 06:55:20 AM »
Me mate took a couple -I'll try and get them , mind you the TM's hardly a show bike (more like a mobile barn find!). :) There was a TM400 today as well.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 03:01:36 PM »
Yeah, photos are always good. Who cares if your bike's a show bike or not?!

What's the story with the TS185ER racer?

Tex

Doc

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 04:37:50 PM »
Loydee, glad it all went well. The little TM's may not have been the hottest ticket on the planet at the time but they were and still are one of the most reliable...there's something about underdogs that I find appealing ;)

Loydee

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2007, 06:29:15 AM »
Hi ain't got race pics yet but have put some of the TM & TS185 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/13418045@N08/ 
The TS185 isn't tuned or anything just some amateur attempts to lighten it (for when I have to pick it up out of the mud..). It sits too low at rear and was gonna put an older TS swingarm I've got to raise it  but the TM125 has taken over. Not a bad bike and it was beaten finalist in a Grass Hillclimb handicap a few days after I paid £100 for it! ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2007, 06:54:38 AM »
Loydee, glad it all went well. The little TM's may not have been the hottest ticket on the planet at the time but they were and still are one of the most reliable...there's something about underdogs that I find appealing ;)
Well Doc i think you showed the little TMs potentiol  :) at the Nats

Doc

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 07:24:21 AM »
Yes Will Robinson! :D thankfully a few CR's had the wee problems we always knew they were good for and the little TM just kept whipping around ;D must try that again sometime after I get off my bottom and get in a few hours/days/weeks/months of practice and shed a bit of weight (on the bike!) :P 2012 +50's 125 maybe a chance!!  ;D

Loydee..I can honstly say I have never seen another TM like that anywhere!  :o jeez mate! paint it yellow and it'll go so much faster! ;D 
100 elbows purchase price eh! about $200 bucks here..bargain!! 
replacement covers are available but I see the TS185 has a TM tank which says there must have been another TM in the UK at some time so simply track it down and pinch the covers  ;)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 07:33:23 AM by Doc »

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2007, 07:40:49 AM »
Hi ain't got race pics yet but have put some of the TM & TS185 at http://www.flickr.com/photos/13418045@N08/ 
The TS185 isn't tuned or anything just some amateur attempts to lighten it (for when I have to pick it up out of the mud..). It sits too low at rear and was gonna put an older TS swingarm I've got to raise it  but the TM125 has taken over. Not a bad bike and it was beaten finalist in a Grass Hillclimb handicap a few days after I paid £100 for it! ;D

I had a TS185 like you have in your pics, I fitted 15 inch rear shocks (from PE175C) put the largest front sprocket on to help the chain clear the swingarm (14T?) and fitted a larger rear sprocket to get the same ratio as standard. Also over here in Western Aus we can fit TS185 front ends into TM's without the scrutineers objection but you do have to drill out the triple clamps to suit, good thing is that there is plenty of meat in the standard TM triples  ;D
Ban BLACK rims NOW

TM BILL

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2007, 10:25:29 AM »
Loydee where have all the TMs gone ??????????? when i was a Schoolboy srambler in Southern England 1974 to 1979 there were hundreds of TM 125s

I will try to post some pics of mine and my Misses TS 185 TM 125 hybrid  :)

(Doc this is where you come in with the photo posting destructions again  :-[ :-[ :-[)

Doc

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2007, 06:30:25 PM »
Sned..oops..send the pics to me Bill and I'll happilly post em' up till I can sit write the constructions :)

Loydee

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 12:52:01 AM »
Doc, Yeah it's that colour so if it breaks down I can pretend it's a Yam ! ;D It just came in those colours and I didn't want to repaint only to slide off and ruin straight away. As it says I've got as lot of new/used stuff to fit yet i.e YELLOW guards and the sidepanels, oh,and some black paint....
Is that right Bill there was loads of TM125s back then? I mistakenly thought they'd always been scarce, so where'd they go? I've been going to autojumbles in Midlands for maybe 10 years and have never seen one.I saw 2 on net but both were wrecks.I glimpsed a TM100 in the back of a van way back(for £100 :'(  !).
By the way my TM came from the New Forest & Southampton area, maybe the South is TM country....!