Author Topic: Bultaco Rally 2007  (Read 4485 times)

Mark Austin

Bultaco Rally 2007
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:43:18 AM »
The Bultaco Rally for 2007 wiil be held at Braidwood, NSW, (10km east of Braidwood on the Kings Highway to Canberra, turn north onto the Larbet Road (asphalt) and drive for 7km, cross a small stream then follow the dirt road for another 2km until you come to "Riverdale" homestead then just follow the signs).

This year it will be very low key - no trophies etc. and cost will be only $10 per head. Plenty of room to camp and the Shoalhaven River is flowing nicely 100 metres away so you can have a good tub after a days riding. There is a bush toilet. BYO everything. Montessa and Ossa enthusiasts are welcome.

For further info 'phone John on (02) 6291-6446. Please tell all your mates. Families with young riders welcome.
See ya there!

Phil

Re: Bultaco Rally 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 11:16:03 AM »
It's going to be so boring this year without the presence of Sherpa, Chantel, Aunty June, Wing Commander Biggles and the legendary Cocoa Fluffies. The Hillsong Campfire Singalong will also be a loser with only  El Presidente and his chubby son singing Polish folk songs. Without Anthony and Jenny doing their Christian Sonny and Cher act and Aunty Junes marvelously strong pot of Dargeeling, I'd rather stay at home picking up the dog shit.

magoo

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 05:38:21 PM »
We know everything except a date. When's it on Sunshine?

Mark Austin

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 06:52:29 PM »
3rd to 4th November 2007.
Check out the November linked event in the calender.

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?action=calendar

Yamaboy

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »
Where is Wing Commander Biggles alias B Rad? Ditto Grant and Sherpa. I reckon they drummed up more publicity for the Bully Rally than twenty elPresidente phonecalls.

Offline jas150

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 11:52:48 AM »
Who the hell does "Old Phill" think he is publicly abusing Big Tony, Tony S and Jennie? Big Tony has put in an immense amount of time and effort to create Club Bultaco Australia, produce a bi-monthly (now quarterly) magazine and organise an annuul rally for the last 9 years for the enjoyment of hundreds members. Tony S. and Jennie actively support OZVMX and have provided countless seats, mudguards, side panels, air boxes etc. for the restoration / repair of all brands of bikes. What has "Old Phll" ever done to promote motorcycling except by trying to destroy the reputation of fellow motorcyclists? I suggest he does stay at home and "shovels dog shit", this is all he is fit for!

Phil

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 06:36:14 PM »
Oh dear Jas. I think you ought to have a nice cup of dargeeling tea, a cocoa fluffy and relax. Have you heard the word pisstake before? Well that's what I was doing. You are obviously new to this forum caper so I'll cut you some slack. All of the things I wrote in those posts was referring to a couple of posters on the old forum named Grant and Sherpa T who last year put some very funny posts up referring to the Bultaco scene and the rally in particular. I know el Presidente personally and admire the work he's done for Bultacos and I've also known Anthony and Jenny for over ten years as a customer and friend and I can assure you they are well aware of the Grant and Sherpa saga. If you think my posts are offensive to the Bully movement, you would have had a coronary reading Grant and Sherpas stuff. Chill out and enjoy life matey.

* A little tip Jas. "Tony" S hates being called Tony. If you want to avoid one of his legendary hissy fits, call him Anthony.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:48:32 PM by Old Phil »

firko

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:06:26 PM »
Wow, lighten up Jas.

Offline jas150

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 10:09:32 PM »
Sorry "Old Phill", I went on the offensive in defence of what I thought was an attack on Bultaco. I guess I owe you a few beers and an apology.

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 02:48:24 PM »
Thanks to John Sommerville aka(jas150) we are going to have a Club Bultaco get together this year, when it looked like there wouldn't be one, he's even been generous enough to let all 'Ethpanyol' (Spanish) bikes come along.  (except maybe Rossco400)
Any one who puts a good deal of effort into these Bultaco rallies (like John & Tony C) for others' benefit doesn't always immediately see the funny side of criticisms, even in jest.  I didn't either.
So no critics allowed, just those who want a relaxed, no frills, fun weekend.
Mick McMillan

Rosco400

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 08:58:34 PM »
Now if i could just finish the montesa in time, I could just hang out with you all weekend Mick although I know i would be banished to the outer reaches. Maybe i could slip the montesa tank on the Maico, surely no one would notice :D

firko

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
I need a Lobito to rent. It's about time I went to the Rally to check out this secret society stuff.

Phil

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2007, 11:38:19 PM »
Sorry all. I had no intention of offending anyone. I was just trying to incite Sherpa or Grant to post something. In reflection it was a dumb thing to do.