Author Topic: quick help needed  (Read 12084 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: quick help needed
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
Get a 125B crank, and cylinder if you can. It will be much easier to get pistons down the track. I can tell you what piston to use with a B rod & A cylinder, although it will increase the compression and you will have to use Avgas or race fuel, or it will detonate. If you want to use pump fuel you will have to use a thicker base gasket and have a thicker head gasket made. They go great with hi-comp piston but.
Cheers,
K

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 01:27:24 PM »
If it were me I'd be setting it up to take a modern rod with a 15mm gudgeon pin.Later model RM 125 pistons are exquisite things cheap as too.... look forward to the pics to Caps
Jesus only loves two strokes

Doc

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 02:19:34 PM »
Not that you need a top end Caps but for the record the later watercooled TS125R also run the 56mm bore and 16mm pin. Another option I'd pondered but not yet tried was a std T350 (61mm bore 16mm pin) piston. Not sure if there's enough metal available for such an overbore but it's a thought worth pursuing and I think there is a piston or 3 on their way over to me from the US :-\ I bought a few cables from an US eBay seller and he's since given me (for the price of postage) about 20 ring sets for various sub 200cc models, a swag of pistons and a heap of gaskets. All early Suzuki 2 stroke and although some is ratshit from water damage there is some stuff that's still quite useful and quite ok. My luckiest break for quite some time and a damn fine ebay seller to boot. I'd spread his name but for the fact I want to buy some more from him when I get cashed up again. ;)

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 02:28:02 PM »
ive now cleanned the barrelup too illl get away with a .25os piston ring kit
MUGEN power

Doc

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 02:43:10 PM »
I just had a look and I can't help you with those bits sorry. There could be something in the next lot to come but it'll be a few weeks away at least. I have (what I believe is a 125B cylinder here) only thing is the fins have been reshaped back to the smaller A shape and it appears 56mm (needs a bore) To discern between the A and B cylinders I've always looked at the physical size, if they appear the same how can one tell what's what if they are both the same bore? Am I missing the obvious?? :-\ bottomline caps, if it's any use to you it's yours  ;) inlet/exhaust ports have been polished and the inlet bridge leading edge sharpened but the rest looks stock as rock.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 02:45:23 PM by Doc »

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 10:10:18 PM »
heres some pics of the bottom end  :o

never seen a bike do this put that barrel aside for us doc i may grab it
MUGEN power

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 10:12:10 PM »
MUGEN power

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 10:45:49 PM »
Any chance of a macro/close up of the crank web Caps?
Does the bearing show any signs of 'blueing/overheating'? I can't help but think the seizure marks on the piston was the cause of the crank snapping.

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 10:52:04 PM »
bike wasnt seized barrel only needed a hone dont know how the piston is that bad bearing is not blue no signs of overheating  ???

MUGEN power

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 11:55:31 PM »
That piston has had a very bad seizure, that's how all those lines are on there, there is some big gouges and the crown shows signs of detonation.I am thinking that it seized locked solid , the inertia from the rotor made the crank snap like that. It may have had a few seizures like that for that to happen.Something like this you don't see everyday.

Doc

« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 06:32:41 AM »
Loz I have 'never' seen that happen to any RM/TS/TS/PE/RL/TF regardless of how many seizures or the rotor weight. If it (the big seize) had happened more than a few times my guess is the barrel would not be still only on 1st over. I feel the damage to the piston may have been caused by the broken crank??  :-\ poor casting possibly?? seen it happen before just not on a little single cylinder 2 stroke is all. (when I say I'd never seen this happen this does not include only my bikes but all others I've seen including the multitude of cranks and parts found at wreckers during the time. I had access to a lot of this stuff as I worked at reasonable size bike wrecking business myself abd sifted through others shops but as said, never in my born natural did I find a crank broken like that!)

Caps, I've the head for the spare barrel too. Will take a closer look at it today to make sure there are no 'unforeseen' problems. I still don't know if it's A or B but I'll figure that out as I go. ;) you can actually thank Jimson as this is a barrel he sent me years ago found whilst walking a creek bank ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 06:42:51 AM by Doc »

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2008, 07:56:18 AM »
i have no idea what would have caused this  ??? :-\ but none the less its not going to stop me ill get a new crank and barrel does any one know if the countershaft drive side bearing is still avaliable as mine is a little stuffed to (the one with the little line up pin) ive never seen a bearing like it before
MUGEN power

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »
Also the rod in the crank is perfect no slop and smooth  ???
MUGEN power

Doc

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2008, 08:31:55 AM »
smooth as in polished??

All bearings/seals should be available at Bearing shops or over the counter at Suzuki ;)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 08:34:15 AM by Doc »

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »
smoth as in free moving
MUGEN power