Author Topic: Parcel deliveries  (Read 4559 times)

maxvmx

Parcel deliveries
« on: April 06, 2020, 06:56:10 PM »
Are you guys still getting stuff delivered from overseas and interstate?
Last 3 items I was expecting on Ebay ended up MIA - no biggie I got refunded on 2, still working through the 3rd one now. These were late January / early Feb purchases that I thought wouldn't have been caught up in the restrictions, just wondering about future purchases?

Offline geoff

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Parcel deliveries
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:33:31 PM »

Just had some CZ spare delivered from Gerard Copping in the UK last Friday, plus they came fairly quickly and although tracked my Postie leaves everything behind the garden wall! Top man who always looks after me.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 01:21:30 PM »
I currently have two overdue, one from Australia, one from NZ.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 01:36:14 PM »
 I have had 3 sellers from china contact me in the last few weeks and all gave me a full refund for goods that have been returned to them.  One arsehole in Melbourne sent me the wrong item and it was broken when it arrived, he keeps telling me in chinaman talk that he will resend correct item but I think he has no intention of doing that.  Looks like neg feedback heading his way and I'll get a refund from paypal.
   Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 05:26:11 PM »
Cant tell you what I do for quid or Id have to kill you but it involves doing burnouts on your lawn. With the current situation, every man and his dog, his wife and his girlfrind and all her illegitimate offspring have started buying online . Currently Auspost is experiencing levels a lot higher than xmas and its not slowing at all. Most product is usually cleared the same day at distribution centres but today as I left I seen a huge long wall of crates 3 deep.  They like everyone else is having to adjust to distancing rules so there isnt the number of staff to process. Just think of it as Darwin time. Not today not tomorrow ,maybe next week. If you need anything urgent express satchels are the way to go.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 07:22:45 PM »
  Yes Pokey I agree, our poor postman is getting later every day with the load. Thankfully he doesn't have to peddle anymore.
   Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2020, 08:22:14 AM »
Shipping is taking a bit longer, but i was surprised it only took a few weeks to get some washers from china. I got stuff in Sweden but the seller said he cant ship yet as there''s no planes flying to Australia or something.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 01:43:11 PM »
1 of the places in the Czech Republic I buy from has the same thing, no shipping to certain countries at the moment including New Zealand, if I want parts for my sidepipe in a hurry I'll probably have to send it to my UK address.
Haven't bought anything offshore since the lockdown here but that won't last as I need to get a set of shocks built before next season

Offline sleepy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2020, 11:19:13 AM »
I had a strange one for a parcel coming from NSW to me in Qld. It was sent Mon the 6th from Windsor and on Wed the 8th I got an email from Ebay saying it had been delivered and another from Australia post saying the same but nowhere to be found. Looking into the tracking number through Aus post it had been delivered to the sender and as he wasn't home to sign for it it was taken back to Windsor post office for collection. I finally got in touch with Ebay seller and he claims Aust post stuffed up but I'll wait till I see what is on the address label before I make judgment. In the mean time time I've tried to contact Aust post but impossible to actually talk with a person on the phone so I left an online message but no reply yet. To add insult to it all Aust post sent me email asking to rate the delivery and of course I gave it a 0 out of 10. I guess if it doesn't turn up I should be able to get a refund from Paypal.
Got a parcel coming from Italy and another from China as well but thinking I may not see them for a long time if ever.

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2020, 02:43:58 PM »
I had a strange one for a parcel coming from NSW to me in Qld. It was sent Mon the 6th from Windsor and on Wed the 8th I got an email from Ebay saying it had been delivered and another from Australia post saying the same but nowhere to be found. Looking into the tracking number through Aus post it had been delivered to the sender and as he wasn't home to sign for it it was taken back to Windsor post office for collection. I finally got in touch with Ebay seller and he claims Aust post stuffed up but I'll wait till I see what is on the address label before I make judgment. In the mean time time I've tried to contact Aust post but impossible to actually talk with a person on the phone so I left an online message but no reply yet. To add insult to it all Aust post sent me email asking to rate the delivery and of course I gave it a 0 out of 10. I guess if it doesn't turn up I should be able to get a refund from Paypal.
Got a parcel coming from Italy and another from China as well but thinking I may not see them for a long time if ever.
You can use your local post office address as your delivery address. Also when you register with AusPost you will get text message or email when your parcel is waiting for collection at the post office. I don't use my residential address for deliveries since Australia post lost 5 parcels and would not even bother offering any compensation. Still see parcels dumped by a post man in car park and in front of storage rooms just because they are numbered. Calling Australia Post is waste of time. Also it is worth asking sender to note on parcel that ID is required when collecting your parcel. Hope that all your other parcels will show up.