Author Topic: Indian ME 125  (Read 3356 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Indian ME 125
« on: July 30, 2019, 06:33:04 PM »

G'day viewers, I'm thinking of selling this old girl, but not sure how to price it. As its a bit of an odd ball lol it will come with a GMC pipe and spare frame tank and engine... jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
Re: Indian ME 125
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 07:25:01 PM »
Wow that is cool !!!!!!!  lt should be worth asking a lot more than  l could afford  ;-)
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 04:56:07 PM »
Thanks John, I thought I'd get a bit of feed back and knowledge from some on here... As I want to obviously get a decent amount of money, but I'd like it to be fare on both sides. jimson

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 05:07:31 PM »
Not having seen or heard it, I guess  $2500 to $3000, does that sound right?
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 08:01:15 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking around 3000 maybe 3500 cause the the other parts going with the sale could almost build another Indian... jimson

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 08:53:54 PM »
You probably know already Indian had heaps and heaps of tiddlers. dont see many over here and not many 125s Mostly 75s.After the war Inidan went broke  and the name almost dies but a few people started assembling road bikes using various borrowed engines under the indian name but they never caught on. In around the very early 70s a bloke by the name of Newman started assembling these bikes in Taiwan. They sourced engines from a few places mainly Minnarelli or morini though a few Fuji powerplants .
 Taiwan had a few bikes then . I owned a Bridgstone AKA rockford Taka 100 which reminds a lot or your indian. Nice and light and screamed its head off, specially once you went past top gear with the rotary gearbox.
Pricing your girl is difficult as over here its rare  but it isnt notably deisirable  as it was just another asian trailbike but wears the Indian name and the quirkiness . i would try and base it on the same japense trailies of the same year and how complete it is.  But if your not in a hurry to move, set a price and see if you score any bites. Good luck and hope she finds a good home.
Cheers.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2019, 05:39:48 AM »
Your on the money Pokey, the bloke that had it before Newman, was Clymer the bloke that owned the repair manuals. He died of a heart attack before he could reestablish the company. jimson 

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2019, 01:23:07 PM »
i rekon a kid up the road from me back in the 70's had an indian traily..could have been a 75 but 80 seems to be my memory...could have been a Deckson as well? looked like a GT 80 yammie