Author Topic: OZVMX - History / What year did it start ?  (Read 8755 times)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
Re: OZVMX - History / What year did it start ?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 08:40:54 AM »
I've been here for a while too.  We lost sooo much information when the Turks hacked us.  A lot of that has been put back on, but not all of it.  There was a particular thread that I loved about Resto tips.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2019, 08:44:49 AM »
yes i recall that resto thread. we also lost some of Docs Resto's, he amazes me with what he can do with just many hours of labour
polishing and keeping to a budget, a bloke with lots of patience.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:22:47 PM by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2019, 02:05:43 PM »
Indeed.  Doc is the master of the budget resto.  And all round good guy  :D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2019, 09:47:55 PM »
yeah I liked Doc's elbow grease/polish/rattle can resto's,he made a old bike look like new again for little money and easy to repair if you damaged the paint job by riding it which is what bikes are for, not shed queen's your not game to ride in fear of pitting that power coated frame.

I also miss the threads like whever the rm125b was legal to race with a factory alloy swingarm,30 something pages of it and most of those guys are not on here anymore which is a shame coz they had a lot of good input into the forum

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2019, 11:12:46 PM »
Indeed, He didnt get that name for nothing. Seeing Doc's creations and restorations in the flesh is something every aspiring restorer should experience.  Guys a wizard and its not all for show. What he doesnt know about the early Suzi stuff just didnt happen and a more likeable humble guy  there never was.
Thinking about Chris Im reminded by another Suzi tragic Teatotaller  who knows PE RM and if he gets his shit together RH. Pity he;s a kiwi but he will do anything for a toasted jumbo marshmallow.
Then we come to the 2T Institute, he can just piss off, he is way too smart not to be an alian.  The guy just knows and has Jennings quivering in his pine box.
 Oh and there is that other bloody idiot kiwi or is he a pom who can punt a small bore round a track not bad  but he is good at packing suitcases and smiling when asked for excess baggage.
The Suzuki crew, not a bad bunch of blokes.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2019, 02:17:32 PM »
I liked the stories with photos of a pile of rust being rebuilt and brought back to life . Firko did it as well . there was some great resto jobs on here . some good "How To " posts too .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club