Marque Remarks > Yamaha

Yamaha DT1, I have found a whole new interest & respect

(1/4) > >>

John Orchard:
Well I acquired an old bike from the dusty back corner of my Brother-in-law's shed, turns out to be a mixture of DT1 & DT2, it has had so little use! The footpeg pins have less slop after 50 years than my bikes normally have after 6 months!

Not much wear but rusty as hell  :-)  So I have started researching parts & information for the DT's, man it is so interesting.  There must have been millions of them sold in the US; you can still buy heaps of stuff for them; new & used!

For a 1968 model Japanese machine, it was so far ahead of its time, and incredible better quality of materials than modern machines.

I'm interested in your stories relating to the early DT's ........

80-85 husky:
only rode an RT 360..terrible bike...outrageous power (for the time) tallll gearing, bone crunching shockers and forks but the brakes worked. like the QE2 in dimensions and so hard to make it turn. raised on ts 125 185's it was a massive aircraft carrier to me !  i burned myself on the pipe somehow?? so no real fond memories and i vaguely remember it lunched the box liek other yammies of the time...

Hoony:
get in touch with Firko (Mark Firkin) on Facebook

Oldfart:
John... my first bike was a DT-1  250 . It was bullet proof and I served me well.

Enjoy

jimson:
A very cool model, as it was the starting point for many dirt loving road users, and it was at the time capable in the dirt apart from the frame needing a bit of modification to make the engine lower for better handling. The engine is bullet proof. Yamaha really ticked the box in 68 with these lol ????
jimson

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version