Author Topic: latest projects  (Read 2992 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
latest projects
« on: December 26, 2018, 10:23:21 PM »
  Over the last couple of weeks I have been working on building myself a decent size disc sander, 15 inch disc mounted directly onto a 2 HP electric motor  I also hooked it up to my dust collecting system

I also decided to build a spot welder as well. Heaps of information on youtube just need to take the transformer out of an old microwave oven, leave the primary winding in place and remove the secondary winding.  Then replace that with a length of battery cable, a bit of fabricating a there it is, and it works as well.

The handle extension looks like a dildo but makes for easier storage when it folds back.  I also used the fan from the microwave to help it run a bit cooler.

Next thing I need is a circular saw blade sharpening machine. It's starting to become expensive to get them done.  Not sure how yet but I'll put up some photos when I get it done
   Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline Frank M

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: latest projects
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 11:19:55 PM »
Respect, Gyro Gearloose  ;D

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 01:09:46 AM »
another way to repurpose something that would go into the bin,well done so are you using a timer with it?theres a lot of information on the back shed site on building spot welders.www.thebackshed.com

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 06:30:42 AM »
Much respect, feck thats brilliant
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 08:53:52 AM »
   No Matt, I have a switch mounted alongside the bottom jaw, which is operated by an adjustable trigger on the side of the top jaw.  As the contact copper pins touch the power is turned on and then off as you separate the contacts.  The fan operates continuously while ever the power switch, which is mounted on the yellow cover box is switched on.  The stickers have nothing to do with the build, they were just the right colour and made it look a bit more shop bought.
   Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 09:51:19 AM »
Macgyver has nothing on you Zane

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 05:29:10 PM »
Macgyver has nothing on you Zane

yep love your work....very satisfying when you make things. love the trigger off the handle using a Schneider Industrial pushbutton  8).
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)