Author Topic: 2019 Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro  (Read 35399 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2019, 11:17:22 PM »
just noticed this in the regs.." no gap between the rear sprocket and the chain guide, " How does a std 84 husky chain guide go in this regard??

Same rule for classic MX. You must not be able to get your fingers between the chain & sprocket at the bottom (coz that's what happens while you're riding, wtf!). Your Husky is not compliant (most vintage bikes are not). Easy fix, about 1/2 hour's work & $10 for some alloy plate & a couple of bolts if you want to do it properly, or 3 minutes if you use an ice cream container lid & a couple of zip ties (got just about every bike through scrutineering at the 2017 Classic MX titles after MA put the rule back in the MoMS). Finding an ice cream container lid in the parc ferme may not be so easy though. I have plenty of photos of bikes which have been done but don't know how to load them on here.

bigk's explanation is right, and hopefully the illustrations below help too:

This is the correct arrangement. The guide covers the space where the chain meets the sprocket on the underside of the swingarm.

There's no chain on this bike, but you get the idea... This is a non-compliant arrangement. This gap needs to be covered.

Tex

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2019, 09:06:22 PM »
ice cream container will be the go...

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2019, 08:43:28 PM »
Please note that early bird entries close tomorrow (Friday 8 March).

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2019, 09:34:09 PM »
just entered!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »
hey Tex,you wanna flip that bottom picture around,doing my head in, ;D :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline djr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2019, 06:15:50 AM »
just noticed this in the regs.." no gap between the rear sprocket and the chain guide, " How does a std 84 husky chain guide go in this regard??

Same rule for classic MX. You must not be able to get your fingers between the chain & sprocket at the bottom (coz that's what happens while you're riding, wtf!). Your Husky is not compliant (most vintage bikes are not). Easy fix, about 1/2 hour's work & $10 for some alloy plate & a couple of bolts if you want to do it properly, or 3 minutes if you use an ice cream container lid & a couple of zip ties (got just about every bike through scrutineering at the 2017 Classic MX titles after MA put the rule back in the MoMS). Finding an ice cream container lid in the parc ferme may not be so easy though. I have plenty of photos of bikes which have been done but don't know how to load them on here.

bigk's explanation is right, and hopefully the illustrations below help too:

This is the correct arrangement. The guide covers the space where the chain meets the sprocket on the underside of the swingarm.

There's no chain on this bike, but you get the idea... This is a non-compliant arrangement. This gap needs to be covered.

Tex
you often see people moaning about this rule, and it does seem an unlikely danger,  but I have a relative who actually fell off and somehow got his hand between chain and sprocket . 
This happened many years ago before any rules about chain guards .
 His hand is permanently damaged and still looks a mess, but he now thinks these chain guards are a good idea

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2019, 09:38:17 AM »
Thats the first time ive heard of that specific injury..thanks

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2019, 02:24:17 PM »
Reminds me of when i was around 13yrs old and moving my ts90 around in the shed in thongs and somehow ?? got my bigtoe caught in sprocket -bike went forward and punched a sprocket tooth straight thru big toenail then the whole lot came down on top of me hahaha! wasnt funny at the time nasty little honcho !????

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2019, 06:46:18 PM »
ol mate had a ts 90...great little bike...suffered all kinds of teenage hell....

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2019, 08:44:28 AM »
Thats the first time ive heard of that specific injury..thanks
Me too, but I've seen a few spills resulting from meaty sticks getting there and causing all sorts of strife.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2019, 12:29:07 PM »
ol mate had a ts 90...great little bike...suffered all kinds of teenage hell....
      Yeah ts90 was light years ahead of the clapped out bsa bantam it replaced -honcho was bulletproof   ;)

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2019, 09:33:36 PM »
The A3VE gets a plug in the latest edition of Old Bike Australasia (#78).

And, hot off the press there's an A3VE ad in VMX magazine (#77).

Make sure you all support these publications that support our sport!

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2019, 09:01:36 PM »
Got your A3VE entry in yet? Don’t worry, there’s still plenty of time to get yourself a position on the start line of the first edition of the Australian Three Day Vintage Enduro.

But be warned - We have brought the closing date for entries forward by a week from 17 May to 10 May 2019. This has been done to ease administrative pressure and free up time for us to take care of crucial tasks in the week leading up to the event.

Entries have been strong, but we’d really like to see some women enter this event, as there is a dedicated class (VW). Some more entries in the pre-1976 (V1) class would be nice too.

If you’re not riding we could definitely use a hand, especially in the week leading up to the start.  Contact Peter Drakeford on 0422 299 003 if you can help.

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2019, 11:00:26 PM »

Check out the marker arrows that we'll be using at the A3VE. They'll be colour coded for each day. The oval ones are to indicate that you should proceed straight on. We'll also be using some generic ones for 'wrong way', 'danger', etc.

Still plenty of time to enter, see you there!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2019, 10:11:34 PM »
If you want to compete in the A3VE, don't forget that entries close on May 10.  ;)

Tex