Author Topic: 2019 Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro  (Read 35568 times)

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
2019 Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro
« on: December 01, 2018, 11:43:48 AM »
Read the latest (updated) info about the 2019 Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro (A3VE) below:

Our aim: To run a vintage friendly event suitable for older bikes and riders, to determine the best in class through special tests and the ability to maintain an old motorcycle and ride to predetermined time schedule between checkpoints.

The Course: Limitless trails. Interesting but not intimidating. Talk to someone who rode the recent Blackwood Vinduro, this loop will be loop 1 Day 1 – the riders loved it. This event will consist of four different loops of approximately 50km that will take you into all the different zones of the diverse Wombat forest. You will ride through fern gullies with deep black soil, crest hills with stunted dry bush that appears almost Alpine, skate over rocky trails worn in by miners from 100 years ago, travel under thick overgrown tracks with moss covered ruts, pass through wet rainforest glades with trees as tall as the eye can see, ease down the red clay rutted Power Line track, dodge around puddles that could still have a 4WD buried just under the water, roost around pristine grass track special tests on private land and then catch your breath on the well maintained forest gravel roads.We aim for you entrants to have a great time and enjoy your riding. We know you will love all the great trails we have found for you. Yes, there will be challenges but also parts where you can just click through the gears and cruise. We will be setting times that are right for the average rider, so they won’t have to go silly to stay inside their 60-minute late allowance. But in the special tests – go nuts!

This event is a competitive Vintage Enduro, featuring the following classes:
* V1 Pre-1976; all capacities, all ages.
* V2 Pre-1980; all capacities, three separate age groups
* V3 Pre-1984; all capacities, three separate age groups
* V4 Pre-1988; all capacities, three separate age groups
* VW Women’s class, all capacities, all ages, any pre-1988 motorcycle
* VR Rally Class (non-competitive), any pre-1988 motorcycle (not scored at the Special Tests)

Awards: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals for V1, V2, V3 & V4 riders within 10% (gold) and 25% (silver) of the fastest rider’s time in that class and age group; and for bronze within 60 minutes late. About 100 km of vintage friendly trail on days 1,2 & 3, with a Day 3 final grass track moto. One grass track (Cross) special test and a bush (Enduro) test per loop

Competition classes: Refuel is at the Parc Ferme. If your bike won’t make 50 km provision will be made to take a fuel container out to the Special Tests which are about half way around the loops. Flip card timing at controls as well as digital clocks and special test timing with Richard Gates company (AORC, A4DE etc). There will be an Interstate 4-man Trophy Team Award and 3-man Club Team Award.

Rally class: Rally riders pay half the Expert entry and can nominate to ride 1, 2 or 3 days. Finishers medal only if riders complete all 3 days without houring out. Rally Riders do not ride the special and diversions will be in place around the trickier parts of the course.

Identification: Expert riders red number plate backgrounds, white numbers. Rally riders yellow, black numbers. Classes/age groups will be identified by number and letter.

Timetable:
Thursday: scrutineering and sign in, sound check etc. Impound/Parc Ferme open to take bikes. Closed 5pm.
Friday: scrutineering and sign in, sound check etc. Impound/Parc Ferme open to take bikes up until 10:30 when we have the riders briefing, 11am start in class order, 3 per minute. Riders cover two loops.
Saturday: Start time 9am. Riders cover two or three loops of 50 km (depending on the weather)
Sunday: Start time 9am. Riders cover two loops of 50 km (depending on the weather) and the Final Moto on top of that. The event finishes at the Final MX.
Note, each morning between 8-9am there will be scrutineering for Rally riders who decide to enter for that day only.

Headquarters: Cricket Oval Rooms, Recreation Reserve Rd, Blackwood. Parc Ferme: Tennis Court across from the Rec Oval.

Services: Mobile phone coverage (Telstra only), the Blackwood Pub, Post Office/convenience store and the Martin St Cafe. No fuel available. Ballan is 25 minutes away, Trentham 20 mins, Greendale Pub 15 mins.

Accommodation: Blackwood Caravan Park 53686539. Private B&Bs & rentals available. Hotels in Trentham, Ballan and Kyneton.

Please note: All details subject to change.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:43:41 AM by VERi »

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2018, 03:16:06 AM »
Why pre88 why not pre95 as in  MA post classic MX etc.  Our vinduro club in WA is pre95, or is this just based on VERi club criteria.   Isn't one of the other vinduro club something like pre93

Barry
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2018, 01:09:18 PM »
As the event is run by VERi and it is a pre'88 club.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 01:30:19 PM »
So if that's the case it's not the Australian 3 day vintage enduro it is the VERi 3 day vintage enduro

Barry
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 03:17:15 PM »
As far as I know the classes for the FIM ISDE Vintage Trophy were used as a starting point, and adjusted slightly. I believe these same FIM rules were used for the vintage bikes at the A4DE this year as well, and there wasn’t a pre 95 class there either.

Tex

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2018, 06:35:33 PM »
There are no rules for vinduro in the current MoMS, although there was talk a year or so ago of a faction preparing a set to be presented to MA for consideration as a national title event. Not sure if they were presented to the enduro commission or not, although it seems they weren't.
K

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 07:57:25 PM »
another classic case of "you cant please everyone" I hope the event is successful and becomes an anual event

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 08:02:44 PM »
In my experience, there are few who take it seriously enough to require MoMS referenceing.

Not taking away from the guys who do take it seriously, more power to their arm, but if the average punter with an old dunger out for a ride with his mates gets short shifted, I can see a negative outcome.

Yes, I know we are mobile roadblocks and may impact your time, but it isnt racing for sheepstations.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 08:46:18 PM »
I agree with all comments made before and good luck to the event in the context in which it is being run.  It just excludes those who ride a bike within the definition of classic etc, and is based on one clubs interpretation without (as far as I know) consultation with other clubs who are purely vinduro clubs and then are given the right to call the event "Australian", in a event that does not have any form of classification.  Seeing as the event is running under MA, MoMs must be applied in some context.  Seeing as vinduros are not recognised, then are bikes to be as per enduro bikes within MoMs.  I would love (as a club) to have been brought into the conversation regarding the classification of classes.

You turn an event into a competitive event MoMs definitely come into the equation.

Do not get me wrong this is a great step forward and I hope it is a resounding success, it's just a pity that some of us will not be able to ride our bikes, because of the restrictive nature of the classes.   Oh and I am a mobile chicane on my bike

Barry
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:50:21 PM by Tossa »
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 09:08:25 PM »
Vinduro clubs in the country run their cut-off date in many different ways
The Four Day this year ran the Vintage class to FIM specs which is Pre86
There was a lot of interest in this event and so VERi have decided to cater to those that may be interested in another
VERi have tweaked the classes up to Pre 88 which is within the VERi charter.
VERi are running the event as an open event and welcome anyone in Australia (or even the world) to enter and as any club running an open we have decided to run our event our way.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 09:37:34 AM »
Just cant win can you. I think this is a awsome step forward for the Vinduro comunity. VERI are running the meet and have decided its pre88...simple as that. (Im down with pre 95) but its not about just me. Get a pre88 bike and join in the fun or you can always run your own event.

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 10:50:14 AM »
The Motor Cycling Australia 2019 Calender has this event listed as a 3 Day Vintage Enduro , not the Australian 3 Day Vintage Enduro. Can someone clarify this.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:39:13 PM by HVA61 »
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 11:16:48 AM »
Just cant win can you. I think this is a awsome step forward for the Vinduro comunity. VERI are running the meet and have decided its pre88...simple as that. (Im down with pre 95) but its not about just me. Get a pre88 bike and join in the fun or you can always run your own event.

wheres the like button when you need it  :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 12:37:40 PM »
It’s been pointed out that there are no vinduro rules in the MoMS, and as far as I know all clubs running vinduros in Australia at the moment are doing them on a non-competitive basis, so individual clubs can make whatever call they like regarding eligibility for those. Even if vinduro regulations are added to the MoMS this will probably have no impact on non-competitive vinduros.

With no Australian vinduro competition regulations in place the FIM rules that have been used previously at the ISDE and A4DE for vintage purposes seem a logical place to start.  As previously mentioned, VERi has chosen to run with slightly modified version of these.

BTW, flow on models that are currently accepted at VERi events, will be ok for the A3VE.

Tex
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 12:40:45 PM by Tex »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2018, 08:49:16 AM »
Woo Hoo, blackwood is a great ride. time to start training! beer intake up by 25% more car travel than walking. no push biking, bakery visits to be increased...well under way ;D