Author Topic: Wiring loom re-wrapping?  (Read 2775 times)

Offline 1983_Enduro_YAMI

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Wiring loom re-wrapping?
« on: November 30, 2018, 06:57:49 PM »
G'day all,

I've recently purchased an Aus spec wiring loom for my IT250K.....it was looking a bit dodgy so i decided to replace all terminals and tidy up the wires by unwrapping it all...now it's all sorted and i'm ready to wrap it back up together...don't really wanna use electrical tape as they go gooey and comes off over time. What other options are you guys using apart from the electrical tape?

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Wiring loom re-wrapping?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 01:41:35 AM »
Sheathing, shrink tubing and silicon tape. You need to sheath and shrink tube before terminating.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 09:34:58 AM »
Rare Spares sells loom tape which is shiny but not sticky. Sort of staticly sticks to itself but allows wire movement.

https://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/buy/b11666/wiring-harness-tape-10-wide-x-140-non-adhesive

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2018, 10:37:55 AM »
Wurth sells an amazing heat shrink . It goes from a generous 20 mm down 8 mm and still stays nice and flexible .
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 10:12:36 AM »
You can buy non-adhesive loom tape or cloth tape on ebay, plastic over braid with heat shrink  works well or plastic spiral wrap. I normally go non adhesive tape and spiral wrap where the loom will be attached to the frame
Jesus only loves two strokes