Author Topic: just trying photobucket to see if it works, not realy knowing what i'm doing.  (Read 2437 times)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y476/gasgirlings/PIC_0022_zpsimuigw3n.jpg

not doing it right as think only a link will arrive to click--which is better than nothing.

Don't ask, looking at pic think i was compressing an xt125 mono to get the top clip out. Did drill the base on an angle to insert a valve but main problem was the gas had got past the gas piston Oring & mixed with the oil turning it into a pogo. Actualy i think it ended up a compromise as long after the gas had got past a stuff tin cup piston Oring courtesy of a scuffed internal bore from the cheap arse gas piston--i found the flap that stops dirt heading up forward from the back wheel had got inverted [for many years probably] so was folded forward & it wore through the weld on the shock body till it leaked oil. Hairline crack in the weld from year of polishing by the flap. Piss me off that did, but i'd assembled it as a straight oil shock, full to the top minus the rod displacement & worked almost perfect--perfect for the farm bike anyway. So no gas & can only feel the piston above the oil if ya lift it up by the tail a couple of time quickly but was ok riding it--So, just gave it a scratch & soldered it without dismantling, well put it in the vice tilted the other way to 'just' clear the oil away from that end., worked well. So, everything you wanted to know but too afraid to ask--or glad you hadn't.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:52:45 PM by OverTheHill »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
( img)http://   you need to put the link between these "image"   code thing-ies  choose "insert Image" not hyperlink (/img)

using the above as an example....change the  ( & ) for [ & ]

« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:39:05 AM by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
Thanks Hoony, i'll give it a go. Not very computer savvy. What happened to P/bucket, did they just give up. I had issues [just me i think] with everytime i made a move on pbucket i had to confirm my email again just going from page to page--was bloody frustrating--said a confirmation will be sent to email but just carbled long list of numbers & things, nothing sensible arrived, & nothing to click on or type in as such. Doesn't matter realy. I'll keep trying when i have time.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile

I just find the pic I want on Photobucket
Click on the IMG link on the bottom right of pic,
It should say "Copied"
then go to your post and right click on "paste"
The code will come up.
Once you post here the picture automatically comes up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:56:25 PM by evo550 »