Author Topic: Latest project  (Read 3267 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Latest project
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:18:51 PM »
  Started a new project a few weeks ago it's a 1800 x 50mm belt sander.  Finally finished and works a treat, man this thing will move a lot of metal really fast.  It has a what I think is a 2 horse power 3 phase motor and it has serious grunt.  I have a 320 grit belt on it at the moment but I have some 60 grits on order and hopefully they will arrive soon, the 320 is becoming very smooth very fast.
                                  Zane
p.s. Hope the photos attach ok.

Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Latest project
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 09:38:56 PM »
another great toy for your shed!what are the rollers made of and what size are they?what size bearings do you use as they don't give much information on pinterest

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:06:20 AM »
Nice , I have been gunnna make something like that as well.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:55:14 PM »
  Matt the rollers are machined from aluminium and the bearings I purchased off ebay at a good price, 10mm x 26mm, Not sure about the quality so I purchased 20 of them for about $16 that should be enough for spares plus future projects.  The main drive pulley I machined from steel because I never had any aluminium big enough.  The 60 grit belts turned up today, unbelievable how quickly they remove material.  I watched a couple of these being built on youtube to give me a bit of a heads up and it virtually built itself.  Not wrapped in the white paint colour but it was all I had enough of at the time and I'm getting used to it.
   Zane

Offline doortoh

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2018, 09:13:51 PM »
Dot bits and villiers ..you still have them

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 10:31:41 AM »
  Hi doortoh,
  Check your messages.
           Zane

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 07:42:43 PM »
im still struggling to see how you can actually ride it... :o ;D the seat looks painfull!

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2018, 09:34:04 PM »
  Well I'll tell you. if you throw your leg over it and hit the throttle. you'd have nuts and arse skin roosting all over the workshop.
   Zane

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 08:21:28 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D there is a story about a bloke who went to the docs with an "embarrassing problem" He showed the doc his nutsack which was a weeping infected mess with 15 industrial staples in it....Doc was shocked...apparently he had been 'polishing his knob" at lunchtime on a big polishing buffer while everyone else was out when it grabbed his nuts, hurled him over the machine and ripped 1 of his nuts off!! as you do when faced with an immediate medical crisis, you grab the packaging crews big stapler and fix it your self!!!

i wouldnt get too close to that thing if i was you ;D

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »
I was a bit worried about standing in front of it while sanding, in case the belt breaks but I now find it more comfortable to stand a little to the left so that eliminates that problem.

zane