Author Topic: Bing Carby Parts  (Read 10481 times)

Offline peely_14

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Bing Carby Parts
« on: June 25, 2018, 07:34:19 PM »
G'day all,

Been doing some research on buying some new parts for the bing carby and discovered that Enduroklassiker is a lot cheaper to buy parts from, compared to directly from Bing USA. Can someone confirm that these parts are genuine bing components from Enduroklassiker?

Cheers,

Peely.

Offline Nebo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Bing Carby Parts
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »
   Hi peely.   I have purchased Bing parts from them before and have no dougth that they Genuine BING.

As they came in original yellow and black plastic bags, some parts had the Bing Crown like logo stamped
     on them 

The only non genuine Bing Parts i know of is Plastic Main jets.  Never ever use these.

Used to buy from Bing USA but with the Dollar value and there increase in pricing it  has become to espensive to by from them. Especaialy Slides. Another good source for Bing Parts are VMX Service Holland.

Good prices and wide range of Slides and Maico Parts and other Brand parts including Japanese.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 03:49:29 PM »
You can convert Bing's to take Holly main jets
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline VTR Vinduro

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:37:28 PM »
How do you do that Mark

Offline supermotomc

• C-Grade
  • SWM ktm, dealer mechanic 1977-1995
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 02:59:59 PM »
mains are the easy one! your number drills will cope there, its needle and needle jets that would be a problem nothing else!

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 08:54:28 AM »
give bert flood imports a call  he is a bing dealer and has got some older bing jets  posts out same day very good people 0397355655 Melbourne

Ken Baker

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 03:34:26 PM »
How do you do that Mark
You just re-tap the thread to 1/4 , the jets are the same shape
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Nebo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 06:23:23 PM »
  I think Slackwell has missed the point.

peely- 14 is asking if the the Bing parts from Enduro Klassiker are Bing OEM. YES.

Main jets are not very expensive . About $10.00 AUD. Unless you buy them from a KTM Dealer.

Hardly worth the trouble drilling and rethreading Holley ones.

Pilot Jets are Expensive $20.00- $30.00. Because they are more processes  to make them.

Would only drill jets if trying to run Methanol.

Bing Needles and Needle Jets are not that expensive but Slides and Float Neddles are.

They are the two most inportant parts in a Bing carb or any other Carburetor.

As for Bing carb parts from Rotax ultra lite Engines. Its worth a try but remeamber that the Bing carbs on Aircraft use totaly different Jetting to motorcycle Engines. LEANER.   Even the Slides are Different.   

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 04:39:44 PM »
yes tell gary flood  or his sister or david you have  a maico  not a aeroplane  :D :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 04:44:14 PM by 2 shocks »

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »
yes tell gary flood  or his sister or david you have  a maico  not a aeroplane  :D :D

VMX services in Holland also have Bing parts I'm sure they are genuine too.  He is also reasonably priced.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 01:10:28 PM »
  I think Slackwell has missed the point.

peely- 14 is asking if the the Bing parts from Enduro Klassiker are Bing OEM. YES.

Main jets are not very expensive . About $10.00 AUD. Unless you buy them from a KTM Dealer.

Hardly worth the trouble drilling and rethreading Holley ones.

Pilot Jets are Expensive $20.00- $30.00. Because they are more processes  to make them.

Would only drill jets if trying to run Methanol.

Bing Needles and Needle Jets are not that expensive but Slides and Float Neddles are.

They are the two most inportant parts in a Bing carb or any other Carburetor.

As for Bing carb parts from Rotax ultra lite Engines. Its worth a try but remeamber that the Bing carbs on Aircraft use totaly different Jetting to motorcycle Engines. LEANER.   Even the Slides are Different.   

Holly jets can be purchased cheaply and easy if you don't have enough mechanical skill to convert a 5mm thread to 1/4 imperial then don't jet your own carby. This does only cure the main jet problem thou. Any body who knows there Bings knows the secret lies with the slide cutterway. 

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 06:47:47 PM »
More importantly I believe is the needle jet.. because on most Bings the carb is such and angle that the needle hangs in the front half of the needle jet, wearing it onto an oval shape.. filing the slide cutaway and a new needle jet.. magic.. probably makes more power than a Mic.. but more maintenance..