Author Topic: Chinese are coming along  (Read 10498 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Chinese are coming along
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 09:58:30 AM »
about as reliable as a "great wall" is my guess...

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 01:51:18 PM »
 cheap copy of a Husky TE.....and when you consider most of the Husky/KTM stuff is now manufactured in India...I'd say it will be more reliable than it's original...

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 03:52:22 PM »
still, thats what they said about the japanese and they eventually got it right. so atm the chineses copy looks but struggle with the metallurgy / stress fields etc so any "hard work" results in a failure of a major component...if they have enough r/d dollars they will solve that. not being competitive may hold back development, as thats the real way to get it right.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »
Looks a lot of bike for 6K
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

maxvmx

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 05:39:55 PM »
Walked past someone selling raffle tickets in a shopping mall, first prize was one of those bikes, second prize was for 2 of them and third prize was for three..............land fill.

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »
Do you also get the "factory stick" in the second photo behind foot peg????

Ed

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 08:30:57 PM »
cheap copy of a Husky TE.....and when you consider most of the Husky/KTM stuff is now manufactured in India...I'd say it will be more reliable than it's original...
Reading what was written the engine is oversized Yamaha DT230 complete with oil injection. More a trail motor than full on enduro

Offline djr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2018, 09:24:10 PM »
The Indians & Chinese can build good quality stuff ,
but only it seems if they are partnered with a decent company from outside.
Iphones are made in china, BMW & VW etc. have factories in china, all these products are made well

but when they do there own stuff they cant resist copying something else , then cutting corners and using the cheapest/nastiest materials.
this is the difference between the early Japanese bikes and these Chinese bikes.
early Japanese bikes may have been a copy of something else but they soon developed there own designs , and kept improving the quality.
so far the Chinese don't seem capable of doing this, they just want to compete on price alone

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2018, 10:10:28 PM »
Engine Based on Yamaha DT230, apparently they bought the entire DT230 engine production line of Yamaha.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »
Billet CNC hubs and nipples ??
Not a bad looking bike for the money though, wonder if they'll be ADR compliant...

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2018, 10:18:12 PM »
Billet CNC hubs and nipples ??
Not a bad looking bike for the money though, wonder if they'll be ADR compliant...

Would be worth a try if they do?

So with a proven engine design, reliability depends on quality control, like,, "class of fits",
"Metallurgy" and "electronics" for control, such as electrically operated power valve,,,

I personally love the vacuum operated PV, like on Maico's and KTM's etc
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2018, 11:23:12 PM »
Pretty much all manufacturers be it Japanese, British, Italian, French, US, Austria, Swedish, India, Spain etc have made lemons in the past. I agree a lot of the Chinese stuff is crap but in saying that I also concede there are some Chinese companies that do produce a reasonably good quality product. Always figured you get what you pay for so if it is cheap don't have any high expectations and you won't be disappointed. A couple of years ago I purchased for my business 2 Chinese copies of Suzuki's 'famously reliable' aircooled 2 stroke lawnmower engines. I purchased 2 because I figured for $125 each I might get a season from both if all went well for less than the price of a budget B&S powered mower (With 30 or more customers that's the equivalent of 30 years each season if I only mowed my own lawn) Near on 2 years later, after countless hours of sometimes very heavy work, I have still not had the need to fire up the second mower as the first replacement is still running faultlessly. They are Chinese but I swear they are super reliable. Doesn't compare to full on motorcycle componentry I know and not all manufacturers are quality but some can and do build decent 2 stroke engines if they want. I expect some of the motorcycle companies, will sooner rather than later, get their act together.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 12:17:20 AM »
Triumph made in Malaysia. Honda and Harley chose India. Its all sweat shop manufacturing and cheapest bid gets the contract.

Mercedes and several large auto brands have been using China as a manufacturing base for years.Be it under strict compliance. Chances are most componentry your using today was derived from china. Its cheap it works but its not innovative and that I see is an issue for China.
 While the Japs copied the poms then stole MZ tech, they further developed that knowledge and made it there own. China appears to be conservative, preferring to mimic other designs and make them cheaper and that’s as far as it goes. Its all about maximising the dollar with as little input as possible.

Sure China can make a decent product but I doubt we will ever see a competitive machine come from this place as its not in the mentality to spend millions when plans can be bought and manufacturing started, saving years of R&D so cash flow can start to be realised years sooner. This product is just that, yet another copy of a Yamaha. That will soon be forgotten just like the peewee copies. A product using existing design made as cheaply as possible.  Lets see who is game enough to take on a set of triples on one of those first.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 07:35:58 AM »
Youtube vid claims 40 plus HP   ???  bit of a stretch from the WR/DT engine.