Author Topic: Sponsors  (Read 7321 times)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Sponsors
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 09:04:51 PM »
Seeing all you guys distraught at the state of this industry just tugs at my heart strings. I just cant bear to see this continue so I have decided to allow you all to donate as much as you can to the pokey retirement and beer fund. I can categorically guarantee 100% of your donations will go towards keeping a smile on my face as I in turn invest in the australian brewing industry. Donations not tax deductable.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 09:10:55 PM »
can you guarantee Pokey that EVERY beer will be accounted for?? ::)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 10:03:28 PM »
"One of the only charities who gives 80% of the gross income they make to the people they say they represent is the Salvo's. A lot of so called charities give under 10%. The church in most cases is under 1%. If It was up to me I would remove the charity status from anyone who didn't give at least 75% and make them pay company tax rate at 30% including the Church. I reckon you could fix up a few schools and Hospitals with that money. "
Well said. My wife and I decided years ago the only charity we would support was guide dogs for the blind, after finding out they receive no funding from the government at all, and the only way they stay afloat was from private donations and bequests from people who had died, and also PAL pet foods (not the ignition mob...)  are also a massive sponsor. unbelievably, fast forward several years and when our first child was born we find she was born with an incredibly rare disorder of her optic nerves that left her totally blind in both eyes, and now nearly 15 years later she is the youngest recipient ever of a guide dog ! On a side note, with the introduction recently of the NDIS, we were told to apply to them for funding for the guide dog which would mean that Guide dogs for the blind wouldn't have to pay for the training , upkeep (vet bills etc) of the dog. Imagine our disgust when we received a letter stating in laymans terms that the cost of the dog is too great and the costs to them outweigh the benefits our daughter could possibly get out of a dog, and that our daughter can get around with a cane and she should be happy with that. They never at any stage came out and observed her with the dog, never at any stage asked about the improvements (massive, unbelievable) in her quality of life the dog has brought, never asked her teachers, or us about anything, all they were concerned about was how much it was going to cost. The name says it all, National Disability INSURANCE Scheme, just another asshole of an insurance company.

1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 11:08:46 PM »
can you guarantee Pokey that EVERY beer will be accounted for??

Havnt spilled a beer for years ;)

Seriousness, Im oblivious to charities for all the reasons above. All the BS administrators and expensive television adds, constant barrage of junk mail and all with suggested donation amounts or special level sponsorship. What a load of crap. Same with those crap life and funeral insurance Ads. all preying on peoples emotions and corrupting a noble cause. Its all snake oil and morally wrong. I dont know how people can sleep at nite . Human Leeches.

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 08:07:25 PM »
insurance companies are no different to poker machines.....they are only interested in PROFIT

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 09:20:45 PM »
they are only interested in PROFIT

Nah, they are all about people, and fluffy rabbits and flowers and shit. They ads on the telly say it.