Author Topic: Sponsors  (Read 7355 times)

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
Sponsors
« on: February 08, 2018, 04:14:22 PM »

I don't watch a lot of TV but this morning the wife was watching a morning show.  In the middle of all of the adds for funeral insurance was an ad wanting people to become child sponsors here in Australia. Hundreds of thousands kids living in poverty, what the f#*k has happened to this country?  I know there have always been needy families, even back when I was a kid but are things so bad now that we have to get sponsors so some kids can get enough to eat plus school uniforms, supplies etc.
  I blame the Liberal party, no reason for this other than I just don't like the bastards.

Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Sponsors
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
Yes, I work in a profession where everyday I see cnuts who call themselves parents destroying the lives of their children. The shit you see kids being put through is soul destroying.

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 08:40:43 PM »
drugs

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 09:25:33 PM »
Definitaly Labor party..makin it too easy to live on drugs and booze ::)

Offline Tomas

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 11:40:13 PM »
I dont give to charities etc. Australians are quite naive when it comes to charities and donations. This country just wasted over hundred million dollars on gay marriage rubbish. Surely governments have plenty of money that can be spend visely on childrens welfare, education, etc. The way it is going here in land of plenty, we are going to become a banana republic sooner rather than later. Have a nice day.

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 07:57:02 AM »
"going to become"? The Stick Insect just gave 90 mil to some cause on the plea of a pop star.

Surely we can do better at researching where to provide aid than the say so of an overseas 'celebrity'.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 10:47:43 AM »
money the root of all evil

Offline Tony Two Times

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »
The charity business is quite profitable these days. Why work for your coin when you can use someone elses sad story to get people to give it to you.
#66 - Fat Snail Racing.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 01:13:25 PM »
peter mac has a bit of my money and thats as far as i will go. i hate the thought that all that donations to overseas is funding toyotas and a/c offices for a heap of pen pushers >:(

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2018, 10:20:18 PM »
“By 1990 no Australian child will be living in poverty," Mr R J Hawke. June 23, 1987. Election campaign launch.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 11:26:10 AM »
HA HA HA Haaaaahahhaaaa ...Felix the cat, years ago.... ;D

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 10:13:53 AM »
One of the only charities who gives 80% of the gross income they make to the people they say they represent is the Salvo's. A lot of so called charities give under 10%. The church in most cases is under 1%. If It was up to me I would remove the charity status from anyone who didn't give at least 75% and make them pay company tax rate at 30% including the Church. I reckon you could fix up a few schools and Hospitals with that money.   
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 01:24:13 PM »
there is no politician who has a big enough set of kahoonas to take on the welfare system. the people who vote for a living far outnumber the people who WORK for a living........

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 01:29:07 PM »
One of the only charities who gives 80% of the gross income they make to the people they say they represent is the Salvo's. A lot of so called charities give under 10%. The church in most cases is under 1%. If It was up to me I would remove the charity status from anyone who didn't give at least 75% and make them pay company tax rate at 30% including the Church. I reckon you could fix up a few schools and Hospitals with that money.

Where's the LIKE button when you need one.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
there is no politician who has a big enough set of kahoonas to take on the welfare system. the people who vote for a living far outnumber the people who WORK for a living........

Ha,   You'll be on the que too if this Vegan thing catches on  ;D ;D ;D ;D 
"light weight, and it works great"  :)