Author Topic: CZ Project  (Read 15273 times)

Offline grouty

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: CZ Project
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 01:19:45 AM »
Since the Photobucket rip-off, I have moved all my pictures over to "Google Photo's". It's free, all you need to do is register a google mail account (email). I find it is easier than photo bucket to use. The quality is great too.

Just another option for you.
Thumpers Rule !

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 05:00:35 AM »
and then when google have a large client base they will do same as photo bucket

this is how to create wealth, hook in a client base with free services, build it up and then extort them.

happens in industrial automation software.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 09:04:55 AM »
Great to see some input. Agree with all of it (I think too)

I would have no problem paying say less than one schooner a week (say $5) membership fee to this forum.
Maybe then it could afford a storage/server large enough to host and archive members image attachments?
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 09:20:07 AM »
Or maybe the site owner could raise funds toward such by selling some advertising space to allied industry?

Like Ballards MX store or bike trailer manufacturers etc, for example etc etc?
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2018, 09:26:54 PM »
and then when google have a large client base they will do same as photo bucket

this is how to create wealth, hook in a client base with free services, build it up and then extort them.

happens in industrial automation software.
Seeing as photobucket & Facebook are both property of Mark Zuckerberg now it can't be much longer before the fees start there unless the point of buying photobucket was to drive people into using facebook for their photos. The initial slowing down & saturation with ads only began after the buyout

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »
not sure how they do it but the vintage yamaha site i hang out on enable you to fully load the pics straight from your computer to the site. They did this after P/bucket went septic. works good for me [RT325 on there]. some people [i think the reason] don't fully finish loading or following the instructions so you only get a small part of the pic to click to bring it up full size but still good.
https://www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/my-photo-albums/2379-rt325/albums might be interesting pics here of mine if link works but these might've come through pbucket in the early days on here. Otherwise maybe this recent one of an armature puller i did straight from computer to the site post. If i won't show--i give up. https://www.yamaha-enduros.com/index.php/forums/general-discussion/6739-69-at1-125-has-no-spark-need-help-testing-coil#55879

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
It is possible to attach photos/PDF's etc on the TS forum too, but i wonder how long it is before we use up our space there too. Forums that do that are hosting the photos on the forums storage.  I think it used to be possible here but then it was taken away because everyone used up the allowed space and it cost money to buy more so then Graeme stopped that and it ment everyone had to host their own photos/attachments offsite.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:55:14 PM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline OverTheHill

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 08:41:08 PM »
yep that's right, i remember that now because i remember the hassle [ie my inability] to understand how to make p/bucket work to transfer them, got it in the end, till they started charging. Sorry, what's the TS forum?--that obvious i can't see it or think what it means.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 08:45:08 PM by OverTheHill »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 12:46:40 AM »
Sorry, what's the TS forum?--that obvious i can't see it or think what it means.

http://suzukits.informe.com/forum/

I personally decide to  host my  photos off forums because if the forums crash/get hacked etc the photos are gone. if i have them hosted at my storage they stay there and i dont need to waste time  re-uploading them again.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:37:16 PM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 08:20:09 PM »
Hey Zane,
I use imgur, it's free and very easy to use.
Here's an example,
Pete.

https://i.imgur.com/wpJxgA9.jpg[/img]]

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »
 Hi Pete,
           Just signed up for Imgur and uploaded some photos.  Now how do I copy them so I can paste them on here.  When I click on and highlight a photo a window appears with 6 choices that I can copy, Which one do I use.
   Image Link
   Direct Link
   Markdown Link
   HTML
   BB Code
   Linked BB Code
 Probably simple for you smarter and younger members, but I was born in the first half of last century and it's like learning to speak Chinese for me.
p.s.  Are you going to the weekend at Dargle in March?
              Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 09:48:55 PM »
Hi Zane, use the BBCode. After you have done that, click on the icon that is on the second row and second from the left (under the italic icon) on the OZVMX forum (above the emojis). It will show (URL)(/URL). Right click your cursor right in the centre between the brackets and then hit CTRL V and bingo, you'll be there.
I hope I've done a good enough job explaining it but if not PM your phone number and I'll walk you through it.
Not sure about Dargle, you know my job and there's a good chance I'll be in good old Asia, but if I'm here I'll be there.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 09:52:26 PM »
Sorry Zane, forgot to mention, you won't see the picture until you preview or post it - up until then all you see is the path. Good luck mate,
Pete.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2018, 10:13:33 PM »
Oh yeah, and ni hao - (hello in Chinese), first lesson lol.

Offline FAT-TOY

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2018, 10:30:42 PM »
  Thanks Pet, Well they are back on and hopefully for keeps. This host is so much easier than that ripoff photobucket mob.  I think that if I can master it then anyone can.
          Zane
Everyday I find one more name to add to the list of people who piss me off.