Author Topic: Not VMX- Anaheim SX  (Read 5363 times)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Not VMX- Anaheim SX
« on: January 08, 2018, 01:00:06 PM »
Last night I was lucky enough to attend the opening round of the AMA SX, what a show! While I love everything VMX I still love the spectacle that is SX. The show is very slick from opening ceremonies to the crowd involvement, massive big screen and the option of getting into the pits. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking at travelling to the USA in the early part of the year . Hard not to be impressed by the patriotism shown by 70,000 Americans who stood as one for the national anthem and cheered madly at the end of it. The top guys st this are a class act, even retired superstar Ryan Dungey made time to sign autographs for my two boys even though he was flat out and not supposed to be doing autographs at the time .
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Not VMX- Anaheim SX
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 06:38:22 PM »
you lucky basket!! >:( im stuck in woods point working....

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »
I watched it on TV, has to be the same thing...yes?...maybe?...no? It did enthuse me to go out & rip off a few huge triples on your bike though.
K

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 10:10:44 PM »
I watched it live on the international livestream subscription available from supercrosslive.tv Great to not have to wait until someone posts the races on You Tube. Also great to see Chad Reed still in action at a high level looking like a privateer! Really love the Supercross and was lucky enough attend to Daytona race in 2015. If you can ever get to an event then don’t miss the chance.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 04:05:49 PM »
Watched it live streamed on Youtube on big screen tele....Free  ;)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 07:55:44 PM »
What's the deal with Cooper Webb twice cutting Roczen off in a heat race FFS? Roczen was clearly going LOTS faster yet Webb deliberately changes his line with only one thing in mind & almost causes an incident. I guess it was the only way Webb had any chance of finishing in front of Roczen as Kenny was always going to ride around him. While it was probably good for Kenny to get some argy bargy out of the way, IMO it was a pretty poor effort on Webb's behalf.
K

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 09:16:19 AM »
Mick just hang on while I get a deck chair and some beers to watch you doing the triples ????????
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »
triples...hop skip and a jump ;D

Offline PBMGold

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 03:18:04 PM »
Completely agree with you Big K. Either penalise the 'Dick' riding or make it open slather and turn it into Rollerball.

The unsporting, riding style does add to the spectacle so why does the AMA impose fines or bans when riders, in frustration of stupid riding, take a swing at the moron that can't win on his own merit.

Weston Peicke versus Vince Friese was one of last years highlights although I can't say that Friese didn't have it coming. Good on him for choosing the largest rider in AMA Motocross it was better than handbags at three paces in the Pit Tunnel with Jason Anderson.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 12:30:17 PM »
The AMA don't give the penalties it is a World Champs so the FIM referee does.  My guess is they probably had a word to him.  Just because you don't see or hear about a penalty doesn't mean it was ignored.  Really you can't expect the riders to treat any rider differently.  If a footballer goes into a game carrying an injury the opposition will target that player.

I think also Webb's actions will be noted by fans.  Respect is something that is earned.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 09:19:53 PM »
Nothing to do with Roczen coming back from injury Kevin, just a dick move by a rider going way slower than guy he tried to stop passing him. In my mind he has no right to do that because they are not really competing for the position. Different story if they are 1 & 2 in the last corner of the last race for a championship. In this case it's a back marker deliberately blocking a front runner.
K