Author Topic: lnterstate travel allowance?  (Read 627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline John Orchard

  • Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 2655
  • ^^^ Jan 1984
    • View Profile
lnterstate travel allowance?
« on: September 08, 2017, 03:24:16 PM »
Hey Guy's,

l just had a thought, asking you before l go through the process of suggesting it to MA.

For a National Championship event, riders that reside in that state are more likely to compete due to less travel costs than a rider from interstate. My thoughts are that a 'travel allowance' could be paid (as opposed to cheaper entry, to make sure riders show) to cover travel & accomodation costs.

Maybe $100 (or more) for each border crossed? l know it would make a difference to me. This would make it a true 'National' title, rather than basically a 'state' title? Plus more riders would enter, yeh sure more interstate riders would be adding to the promoters overheads; maybe MA should pay it? Maybe riders that reside in that state should pay more?

Sorry l'm a tight-arse but l just don't have the money and really want to travel to some events.

Regards, John.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline supersenior 50

  • Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1247
    • View Profile
Re: lnterstate travel allowance?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:51:36 PM »
Not disagreeing with your ideas John, but Port Pirie threw up some interesting stats.
On a club basis Brisbane MCC had the biggest entry in spite of a distance each way of 1950 km, VMX WA next with a. distance of 2400 km each way, and third Classic Scramble Club at 950 km each way.

Offline KTM47

  • Legend
  • *****
  • Posts: 1395
    • View Profile
Re: lnterstate travel allowance?
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 01:08:30 PM »
The idea has merit, but is unlikely to be adopted by MA.  They do the administration for all Australian Motorcycle Sport, so they are unlikely to set a precedent that they would have to carry over to all disciplines.  Really it is something individual SCBs or even clubs should consider.  I know WA arrange a container every year etc.

Also just because a championship is in your State doesn't mean you aren't travelling a long way to a Championship.  E.g. A rider travelling from Cairns to Brisbane is doing the same distance as Brisbane to Melbourne.

I suggest do some fund raising and maybe ask your SCB to contribute.  MQ will often give a MA Licence as a raffle prize.

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490