Author Topic: COOKARDINIA VINDURO 2017  (Read 7689 times)

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
COOKARDINIA VINDURO 2017
« on: August 06, 2017, 06:03:17 PM »
COOKARDINIA VINDURO Saturday 16TH SEPTEMBER 2017

With a little over a month to go it's time to get ready for this years event. Fortunately there hasn't been the down pour and flooding that cancelled last years event so this year is going to be awesome.

For those who haven't attended the event before, the loop is approx 15kms in length and is a nice mix of open and tight natural terrain sections, with an extended grass track. It is a MUST DO event on the Vinduro calender.

This will be a 1 day event with riding on Saturday only.
I am happy to announce that MCA Supermarket (Auburn) and Whitehouse Motorcycles (Albury) have come onboard again as the events main supporters.

A big thankyou to Jeff Curly at MCA and the guys at Whitehouse Motorcycles for offering up some great prizes for Saturday nights raffle.

Entry to the property will be available from 1:00pm on Friday the 15th September.

Camping will be available on Friday and Saturday nights ONLY NO CAMPING SUNDAY NIGHT.

In keeping with our rolling 25 year criteria this event is open to all bikes manufactured up until 31st DEC 1992. Sorry NO follow on models.

Bikes must have a headlight fitted but does not have to work.

To enter the event you must contact me via email and notify me if you are are attending and if you require a Rec Licence.

If you don't reserve a licence then we may not have enough licences on the day and you will be unable to ride.
You Need to E-Mail Your Name, address and contact details
and if you need a Event Licence or Not.
To: wbrooks7@telstra.com
The details to the event location will be sent out once you have notified me of your intention to ride at this event.

Entry Cost        $90.00 (Includes Event Entry, Motorcycling N.S.W Weekend event Licence only, HMSC Membership)
Entry Cost        $60.00  MA licence holders (Includes Event entry, HMSC Membership)

Friday          Gates Open Mid Day for Set up and Sign ons ONLY, NO test and tunes in the camping area.

Saturday      Rider briefing, loop open 8:30 am, Sign Ons continue.
                           Loop Close  5.00/5:30 pm or earlier depending on numbers of riders out riding the loop and visibility.

Only 1 Camp fire is allowed at but Gas Heaters are welcome .

It maybe still cool in September so be prepared for Hot or Cold and wet weather, you will need to bring plenty of drinking water and food for the weekend .

Toilets will be on site in the camping area.

All Rubbish must go home with you...Please don't leave your rubbish behind.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 06:06:27 PM by Maicoman »
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: COOKARDINIA VINDURO 2017
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:28:48 AM »
Just an update. I have replied to all emails thus far.

There will be tea/coffee, lunch and snacks available from 10am on Saturday. This year the Holbrook club will be putting on a roast dinner on Saturday night. Dinner is $20 including desert. Please email me if you wish to purchase dinner as we are recording numbers for catering. This must be paid for along with your entry fee on the day.

Cheers Brooksie.

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 05:54:59 PM »
It's less than a month away now so if you haven't already get those bikes out and prepare them for a top weekend.  ;).
85' Husky TE510, 83' XR250R, 76' DT400C, 81' XL500S, 85' XL250R, 80' XT250, 82' XT200.
Hmmm, What should I buy next?
In case you were wondering it was an 85' CR250R. Then a 76' DT250 and a 01' XR250 and it didn't stop there

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 09:51:02 AM »
Only 2 weeks to go so if you haven't already you better get your entries in. Was out at Cooka yesterday for the working bee and the place is looking great. Stuck some pictures up on the face book page.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1968630780075172/
85' Husky TE510, 83' XR250R, 76' DT400C, 81' XL500S, 85' XL250R, 80' XT250, 82' XT200.
Hmmm, What should I buy next?
In case you were wondering it was an 85' CR250R. Then a 76' DT250 and a 01' XR250 and it didn't stop there

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 03:28:36 PM »
Ok guys and girls, less than a week to go so hurry up and get your entries in.

The dinner option with entries will close SUNDAY NIGHT 10/09/2017 as our caterer's need definite numbers.

I was down at our main sponsor's store to pick up the banner and some goodies for my IT200. Thanks to MCA Aurburn for your continued support of the Cookardinia Vinduro.

We will be handing out trophies for:
Best Pre85 bike
Best Post 85bike
Best Period correct dressed

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 06:56:59 PM by Maicoman »

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 06:58:18 PM »
Well guys another Cookardinia Vinduro done and dusted for 2017. A big thankyou to all that attended. We ended up with 65 riders which was pretty decent after a year off from the event with the great floods of 2016. There were at least a dozen or more no shows that would have pushed the entrants to the mid to high 70's. To those who didn't make it there's always 2018.

COOKARDINIA VINDURO 2nd JUNE 2018
As always a big thankyou to the Holbrooks Motorcycling Sports Club for supporting the event. To Murray for letting us use your amazing property and Debbie Jones and her friends for supplying lunch and dinner after the event. It was great to see people going back for seconds. To our sponsors MCA Supermarket and Whithorse Motorcylcles for supplying some awesome prizes for the raffle. I'm sure a few people came away with some goodies. To all the helpers a big thankyou, Troy Shiphard, Gary Chynoweth, for helping set up and processing registrations.

And finally a big thankyou to all that attended. I hope you enjoyed the loop. I managed to get 4 laps in myself on Saturday arvo and was buzzing with excitment after flogging my IT200 around the loop. The wooded section was very free flowing with a few obstacles thrown in for good measure.

Talking to a few guys kicking back on Saturday arvo near the fire they said "this event is different, it's relaxed and there's no pressure to get laps done for a gold sticker". I said " Exactly no pressure, that's what Cooka has always been about. Come and go as you please". It was great to here positive comments about the event. It was also great to see so many new faces and greet some of the originals from 2011 who continue to support the event.

For the finale on Saturday we gave out trophies for Best Pre 85 bike, best Pre 93 and Best Dressed.
Those winners were:  Best Pre 85 bike Brian Tyne 1984 KDX200
                                Best Pre 93 bike Garry Brooke 1990 TT250
                                Best Dressed Glenn Day aboard a KTM wearing the same outfit since the early 80's

So kick back and enjoy some of my pics from the event.
Cheers Brooksie.

A suspension rebuild and an early start. I got 4.5 hours sleep in the 48 hours leading up to the event. The things we do ;)

Fields of Canola. We must be getting close to Cooka.

Blink and you'll miss it!!!!

Master at arms Brian Tyne, Kawasaki Rebel Motorcycle Club.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:30:53 PM by Maicoman »

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 07:02:28 PM »

WTF!!! front and back disc and upside down front forks :-X

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 07:08:23 PM »

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 07:26:37 PM »

The steepness of the property is quite deceiving in places.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 07:32:11 PM »

Les, the man from the bush

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2017, 09:07:33 PM »
  Well , looks like it was another great event  this year .
Nice pics
I have only been able to make it to one event  there (2013) & it was superb . A great ride.
Hard  work & a lot of hours  to put on such an event  .
 Well done to Mr Brooks & those involved in staging this event.

However , what's with the " gold sticker " reference ? .

A  "ride at your leisure "  message   is conveyed to everyone  , at the riders brief , at all the other  events I've attended .

Talking to a few guys kicking back on Saturday arvo near the fire they said "this event is different, it's relaxed and there's no pressure to get laps done for a gold sticker". I said " Exactly no pressure, that's what Cooka has always been about. Come and go as you please".
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 11:51:02 PM by b490 »

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 01:32:23 AM »

However , what's with the " gold sticker " reference ? .

A  "ride at your leisure "  message   is conveyed to everyone  , at the riders brief , at all the other  events I've attended .

Talking to a few guys kicking back on Saturday arvo near the fire they said "this event is different, it's relaxed and there's no pressure to get laps done for a gold sticker". I said " Exactly no pressure, that's what Cooka has always been about. Come and go as you please".

As always Steve you seem to find the silver lining in people's post. It must be all those years of experience trolling forums. I'm mearly expressing some general opinions shared by some guys that attended.
I'm not sure what they are referring to because I don't ride remember ????
I'm just a bit busy polishing plastics.
Perhaps if you attended you could have asked them yourself ????...... but what was it you said to me once....Oh yeah "I'm not travelling all that way for a one day event" your words not mine.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 10:32:21 PM »
With a new date in hand for 2018's event here's a few more pics to wet your appetite from last years event.

Bring on 2nd June 2018

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 10:33:09 PM »
BEST DRESSED AWARD went to Glenn Day aboard a KTM wearing the same outfit since the early 80's

BEST PRE 85 bike Brian Tyne 1984 KDX200

WHAT A BEHEMOTH

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 10:33:59 PM »
SAY THERE'S A NICE PAIR 8)

For the finale on Saturday we gave out trophies for Best Pre 85 bike, best Pre 93 and Best Dressed.
Those winners were:  Best Pre 85 bike Brian Tyne 1984 KDX200
                                Best Pre 93 bike Garry Brooke 1990 TT250
                                Best Dressed Glenn Day aboard a KTM best period correct dressed.

A tonne of goodies from our good mates and long time sponsors MCA Supermarket Auburn (Thanks Jeff ;) and the team at Whitehouse Motorcycles, Albury

MUZZ drawing the raffle

WINNERS ARE GRINNERS AT COOKA, JUST ASK BRIAN