Author Topic: TT350 disc rear brake conversion  (Read 2299 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
TT350 disc rear brake conversion
« on: July 28, 2017, 04:29:44 PM »
Has anyone here done or seen a disc rear brake conversion done on a TT350?

I would like to setup a disc rear brake in place of the standard drum brake, so I would be interested to hear what rear wheel and break setup has been used if this has been done by others. I would assume that the rear wheal out of a YZ250 from the same late 1980's / early 1990's would be the easiest conversion.

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline Tomthesparky

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: TT350 disc rear brake conversion
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 02:37:14 PM »
I had good luck using a DT200R rear wheel, caliper and mount plus the dt200R brake line. All lined up really well only had to machine down the TT sprocket side spacer by a few mm (not sure how much now been a while). Welded an extension off the back of the existing brake pedal and mounted a YZ426/450 11mm rear master cylinder off the back of the subframe rail (conventional location). The TT sprocket bolts straight up. You will have to shorten the drum brake locating stud (shaft?, sticky outy thing?) but the whole setup could be easily retrofitted back to drum rear brake if required.
 This setup has worked quite well for me after mucking about with various master cylinders i now have good pedal feel and travel.
 Pictures would help i know but i am working away from home and will not be back until next week, i also have no idea how to put photo's up now that PB has gone.
 PM me with a number later in the week and i will txt you some photo's when i am home 

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: TT350 disc rear brake conversion
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »
Thanks for the info. I didn't even think of the DT200, I assumed that they would have had a drum rear brake. I will keep an eye out for a wheel / brake assy from one of them as they are probably more readily available than YZ bits from the same era.
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!