Author Topic: YZ125G Build  (Read 13048 times)

Online alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: YZ125G Build
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2019, 06:30:18 PM »
The G project is taking a turn.
I have decided to make two G's.  Using the older parts from one, to build the other.

The original G will be a show bike.
I have sourced a company to make me a works style alloy tank, and another member on this forum to had paint it in the factory speedblock colours.
I have hopefully sourced a guy in the states to build me an Ohlins shock
I have some 490 43mm forks being delivered which will be Titanium Nitride coated.
I have another airbox thats getting a carbon fibre look treatment.
I have a Preston Petty front fender and genuine Swedish Gunnar Gasser throttle and cable from the US.
Geoff has built me a ripper cone pipe and muffler setup.
I have a DLS dual front brake that i am reconditioning.
I am picking up an H swingarm that will have gussets welded in as per the OW125 works bike.
Rims and hubs to be powdercoated black with new spokes and gold nipples.
DC has sent some transparent side covers and a JT cable saver front plate. Sidecovers will be slotted.

I have a bunch of NOS parts such as sprockets, hardware, etc..

This frees me up to build another G that will be a rider.  I have some H 38mm forks to go on it.  A rebuilt shock, lots of plastics etc.. but need an engine, frame and some knick knacks.

Hope someone can help out with parts..

Cheers,
Alex

Online alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: YZ125G Build
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2019, 08:23:41 PM »
DLS front brake delivered.  This will restore nicely.  These brakes were a big improvement over stock and were a great upgrade.  They are pricey these days and are well sort after..

These front forks from a 1982 YZ490 are being delivered.  They were a big upgrade back in the day as they are 43mm compared to the wimpy 36mm original flexy forks.  They will be stripped and rebuilt, as well as having a ti-ni coating added....

The Gunnar Gasser whirlpool throttle was an upgrade back in the day. Yamaha decided to make one that had the cable coming directly out of the housing.  These ones came out at 90*.  Ebay sells a lot of fake one.  These originals can be picked up from Speed and Sport in the US with various options on custom cables.

Preston Petty makes a nice front guard for vintage bikes. The white one goes well on the G...

Broc Glovers factory OW125 in 1980.  It was watercooled like the next years H version bikes.. I will be fitting an H swingarm and adding the extra swingarm brace..

I will also be getting an alloy tank custom made and painted (in white) like the tank above..

Cheers,

« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 01:58:57 AM by alexbrown64 »