Author Topic: Steel fuel tank repair??  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
Steel fuel tank repair??
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:43:46 PM »
I have a steel tank here, pretty rusted out along the bottom and seams, in the usual places. Struggling to find a decent replacement.
Is there anyone around that you can recommend to do a good repair job? Melbourne or interstate?

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Steel fuel tank repair??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 05:31:47 PM »
Local radiator works always does a great job for me, they are familiar with soldering and have the testing gear.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »
GMC  ;)
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Terrapista

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 09:10:11 AM »
Goldstar in Mayfield i believe. Newcastle NSW.

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 10:02:29 AM »
I had a H2 tank that was in everyone opinion beyond repair (pin holes and a big crease ). Anything half decent on Ebay was 900-1200 $. It was my luck , Mark from MRT Bike transport dropped of a bike . We chatted and he spotted the tank . He said , I can fix that , I used to do this for a living . I had nothing to loose , so I gave him the tank to play . A month or so later he dropped it back . All straight , lined inside and two pac painted in the right Triple H2 color . I was over the moon . He frequents on here as MRT , worth a try .
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 12:32:10 PM »
GMC - Geoff Morris
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 07:54:21 AM »
I had a H2 tank that was in everyone opinion beyond repair (pin holes and a big crease ). Anything half decent on Ebay was 900-1200 $. It was my luck , Mark from MRT Bike transport dropped of a bike . We chatted and he spotted the tank . He said , I can fix that , I used to do this for a living . I had nothing to loose , so I gave him the tank to play . A month or so later he dropped it back . All straight , lined inside and two pac painted in the right Triple H2 color . I was over the moon . He frequents on here as MRT , worth a try .

That was good luck, everything is repairable, the only limit is the repairer.