Author Topic: i can feel the Harrow build up happening,,,  (Read 28852 times)

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
i can feel the Harrow build up happening,,,
« on: May 19, 2017, 09:14:05 AM »

Really looking forward to the Harrow week end this year ;D

weather is shaping up nicely (bucketing rain)...the views...(when you break down) ..the serenity (while you wait) it has it all!

https://youtu.be/rLDxh7vKX0I

woo hoo!!

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: i can feel the Harrow build up happening,,,
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 07:03:49 PM »
I'm thinking about it, again , lol. I'll probably enjoy everyones photos and stories- again ????

Offline Tony.Brown

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2017, 09:34:56 PM »
I need a pre 85 bike for this event!

Offline johnmcc

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2017, 08:21:37 PM »
Eight weeks to go 80-85 husky ,  that should give you heaps of time to get that other project of yours assembled and  running .......

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2017, 09:21:04 PM »
nahh...its on the slow train backburner...nearly finished the A30 spruce up...need to wet sand the engine bay and give it a lick of paint then refit the motor gearbox etc ::) drop the sump and timing cover of the 307 and refit seal the gaskets...do the top end on the husky :-X split the tractor and fit the new clutch...(best order that)...note NONE of this is on the landscaping before the daughters wedding LIST... :'(

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 06:58:37 AM »
gave the old 400 a minor spruce up, air filter was pooh after the Yass ride, fixed the lower chain roller (there is one at Yass somewhere), tidied the kill switch wiring which was causing an intermittent miss and put a new plug in (which could have been the cause of the miss..) also got a couple of globes for the taillight andsoldered up the broken headlight connector...always lots of little jobs which cause "you finished working on that bucket of bolts yet??? >:(" issues ;D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
here are some more delights of the harrow weekend....stuck again...WARNING - coarse language can be heard from a bald old man ;D
https://youtu.be/f5ZwowlWp5c

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
Harrow 100 Vinduro: 29-30 July 2017
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 11:33:27 PM »
Preparations are coming along, and we should have the entry form out shortly. We will once again be running the state/territory challenge, so if you would like to participate  then get a 4 man team together and contact (Acting) Secretary John 'Tex' O'Brien via email at secretary@verivinduro.com.au

There will be a maximum of 2 teams per state/territory. You can nominate for a team prior to submitting your entry.

Please remember that the Harrow 100 Vinduro is a non-competitive event, and this includes the state/territory challenge. It's all a bit of fun, so the judges will be looking at stuff like team spirit, presentation, attitude and "je ne sais quoi" ;), as well as riding antics.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 10:28:19 AM »
Entry forms and event info out now
If you need a UVP please get onto it straight away, don't wait for your team mates to enter with as per normal, just let us know they will be joining you and we will slot you in together.
The UVP form is the time critical one, everything else will fall together (or in the case of Harrow, fall off)

http://www.verivinduro.com.au/59/harrow-event-info
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 02:16:34 PM »
im installing a metal detector on the husky so I can find my way back...

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
2017 Harrow forms available, and 2 state teams registered
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 11:32:50 PM »
The 2017 Harrow 100 Vinduro entry form and UVP application form is now available on the VERi website, and has also been emailed to members.

If you are applying for an Unregistered Vehicle Permit, we need to get these returned to us ASAP. You can return the UVP application via email, but we also need the paper copy, so get cracking! UVP cost is $50.

We have two state/territory teams so far: Victoria and the ACT.

Offline johnmcc

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 10:36:02 PM »
Getting closer , time to start building bikes I think !

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
Scandal - Vinduro Penrite Team produce fake Harrow poster
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2017, 02:21:06 PM »
Breaking news: Fake Harrow poster has been put up on Facebook by Vinduro Penrite Team.
The bootleg poster can be identified by the 'Penrite Celebrating 90 Years' logo in the top right hand corner.
VERi have not requested Vinduro Penrite Team to take down the poster but have an official poster ready to post soon.
Speculation is high about the future value of the fake poster. Particularly the early one with the typo (shock!).     
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline VERi

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VERi
Re: 2017 Harrow 100 Vinduro update
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »

Entries are coming in steadily. We have two Victorian teams confirmed, as well as the defending State/Territory Challenge champions the ACT. Still plenty of time for riders from SA, NT, NSW, WA and Qld to put themselves forward.

The t-shirts are now being printed too, and look pretty damn cool.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »

Getting closer , time to start building bikes I think !

;D ;D

have you bought something to rebuild for Harrow yet??? :o ;D ;D or just pulling something out from the boneyard? ::)