Author Topic: Suzuki pe frames  (Read 2109 times)

Offline Terrapista

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Suzuki pe frames
« on: April 03, 2017, 07:09:02 PM »
My pe frame has no loop over the rear guard so it looks like an rm. Looking at the part diagram it is not a grab rail that is available. Compliance plate on frame is pe and matching numbers to the engine. I didnt know any better when purchased so i dont mind but like to know any theories to make it look rm'ish, funny or otherwise. Is it rude to prompt previous owner on fb to know history or just be happy as is?

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Suzuki pe frames
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »
pe is a cheap RM for guys wanting to go VMX and a few rear loops went in the interest of cosmetics. don't stress too much

Offline Paulos

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 08:08:06 PM »
What sort of PE is it? I kept the frame loop that i cut off my pe175x. You can have it if you want to fix yours up

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 08:14:02 PM »
A lot chopped off early on and just plugged like rm maybe you'd do it if you flipped one and it bent as well it wouldn't be rude to ask if you know previous owner but he may not have done it any way.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Terrapista

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 08:14:44 PM »
Thank you very much. It was too good to pass up. My email is lennyhz10@gmail.com and can take it from there.
Much appreciated.
Leon

Offline Terrapista

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 08:18:47 PM »
A lot chopped off early on and just plugged like rm maybe you'd do it if you flipped one and it bent as well it wouldn't be rude to ask if you know previous owner but he may not have done it any way.
Spot on. Just looked at a photo when he bought it and indeed it is plugged before he got it.

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 08:41:21 PM »
Pe frames will not take Rm side covers also, as the shock mount frame rails are wider to allow for the  quick change rear wheel.

The X models had a brace welded below the seat rear bolts as a stiffener also...     Rms did not have it