Author Topic: KT250  (Read 4686 times)

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
KT250
« on: October 25, 2016, 05:12:17 PM »
A mate of a mate just delivered a free KT250 to me,its seized  but I will rebuild it, looks quite complete apart from the side covers. Ive never seen one, are they rare? Terrible to ride?

HeavenVMX

Re: KT250
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 05:55:55 PM »
They are not very common and certainly the rarest of the Japanese Trials bikes of the 70s. Super reliable and fun to ride parts not so easy.

Not the best trials bike in standard trim by a long shot but a great reliable bike all the same. The Yamaha, Bultaco and Montesa models were far better competition mounts in the day but it was ahead of the Suzuki RL250.

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »
Might not be common in Oz but they were sold as farm bikes on this side of the ditch, probably still not the easiest parts to find though
Would not be surprised if someone was making fibreglass replicas though

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 08:59:28 PM »
anything free is good, even if you can swap it for parts you need for other projects. There will always be someone looking for those parts.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:10:52 AM »
Always liked the look of those  things. Not a lot at all here as there wasnt a long run of them (75 /76 i think) like other trials machines. Unzud scored a few more as it has hills for the sheep to play on  where our sheep are on the plains so a hill climber wasnt required so wasnt marketed to that sector. The USA scored  well with them like most things and parts often turn up  on fleabay for them. As  rider they are okay but not as good as the euro trials.  kawasaki wasnt interested in being top dog with trials as the money was with who had the fastest bike then as thats why the two stroke triples were a sales success even though they couldnt stop or turn. the Kt running sounds just like an F11 i think.  Think i really like the big green K on the tank the most.

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2016, 07:23:56 AM »
That's great, Im heading out to a local trials today for a look and some inspiration, Ill be keeping this bike as a mate gave it to me, it was his Dads bike so Im sure he will be stoked to see it run again.