Author Topic: Cookardinia Vinduro 2016  (Read 17418 times)

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Cookardinia Vinduro 2016
« on: August 11, 2016, 02:00:57 AM »

COOKARDINIA VINDURO Saturday 17TH SEPTEMBER 2016

Cookardinia Vinduro is now into it's 6th year, with the event growing each year. Murray and myself have put in alot of work in coming up with

another great loop aswell as some surprises along the way ;)

For those who haven't attended the event before, the loop is approx 15kms in length and is a nice mix of open and tight natural terrain sections,

with an extended grass track. It is a MUST DO event on the Vinduro calender.

This will be a 1 day event with riding on Saturday only, followed by a raffle of prizes, dinner and a movie night.

I am happy to announce that MCA Supermarket (Auburn) have come onboard again as the events main supporter.

A big thankyou to Jeff and his team for offering up some great prizes for Saturday nights raffle.

The Holbrook Motorcycling Sports Club will be putting on a camp oven dinner, for those who would like to purchase dinner (Please notify me if you want dinner)

Entry to the property will be available from 1:00pm on Friday the 16th September.

Camping will be available on Friday and Saturday nights ONLY NO CAMPING SUNDAY NIGHT.

In keeping with our rolling 25 year criteria this event is open to all bikes manufactured up until 31st DEC 1991. Sorry NO follow on models.

Bikes must have a headlight fitted but does not have to work.

To enter the event you must contact me via email and notify me if you are are attending and if you require a Rec Licence.

If you don't reserve a licence then we may not have enough licences on the day and you will be unable to ride.

You Need to E-Mail Your Name, address and contact details
and if you need a Event Licence or Not. 
To: wbrooks7@telstra.com
The details to the event location will be sent out once you have notified me of your intention to ride at this event.

Entry Cost        $90.00 (Includes Event Entry, Motorcycling N.S.W Weekend event Licence only, HMSC Membership to 31-12-2016 )
 Entry Cost        $60.00  MA licence holders (Includes Event entry, HMSC Membership to 31-12-2016 )
 Dinner Cost       $15.00 (Must notify before the event)                                 

Friday          Gates Open Mid Day for Set up and Sign ons ONLY, NO test and tunes in the camping area.

Saturday      Rider briefing, loop open 8:30 am, Sign Ons continue.
                           Loop Close  5.00/5:30 pm or earlier depending on numbers of riders out riding the loop and visibility.

Only 1 Camp fire is allowed at but Gas Heaters are welcome .

It maybe still cool in September so be prepared for Hot or Cold and wet weather, you will need to bring plenty of drinking water and food for the weekend .

Toilets will be on site in the camping area and possibly Hot Showers.

All Rubbish must go home with you...Please don't leave your rubbish behind.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Cookardinia Vinduro 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:53:28 PM »
I have booked in for cooka and I think it will be a Good ride and a lot of fun I all way injoy Cooka Vinduro ..
i have got my confirmation back so good to go  Thanks Maico man
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »
Great to have you onboard Dennis. Thanks for your continued support.

Offline tymes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 06:58:26 PM »
I have booked in for cooka and I think it will be a Good ride and a lot of fun I all way injoy Cooka Vinduro ..

We never got a reply back so I guess we will just stay home.

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 06:20:14 PM »
I will be there too.  ;)
85' Husky TE510, 83' XR250R, 76' DT400C, 81' XL500S, 85' XL250R, 80' XT250, 82' XT200.
Hmmm, What should I buy next?
In case you were wondering it was an 85' CR250R. Then a 76' DT250 and a 01' XR250 and it didn't stop there

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 12:51:48 PM »

To My Dearest friend tymes. I was actually a little apprehensive replying to you as we need to moderate the riff raff at this event. Seeing that you are a Kawasaki rider I have to be
very cautious on letting you attend. It was clear at Putty Vinduro that Team Kawasaki was out in force, but luckily  Team Blue IT's responded to the attack and outnumbered team Green 2:1.
I will consider your application to ride at such a prestigious event and reply in due course. A rattle can of sky blue paint would go a long way in benefiting your entry. ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 10:35:20 PM by Maicoman »

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 12:27:26 PM »
ouch pickle :o, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline tymes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 08:34:31 PM »

To My Dearest friend tymes. I was actually a little apprehensive replying to you as we need to moderate the riff raff at this event. Seeing that you are a Kawasaki rider I have to be
very cautious on letting you attend. It was clear at Putty Vinduro that Team Kawasaki was out in force, but lucky Team Blue IT's responded to the attack and outnumbered team Grean 2:1.
I will consider your application to ride at such a prestigious event and reply in due course. A rattle can of sky blue paint would go a long way in benefiting your entry. ;)

Come on now Ive seen first hand the MEAN GREEN that takes pride of place in the shed of despair.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 10:41:54 PM »

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2016, 06:27:32 PM »
Caught up with Brooksie and a few others today to help with marking out the loop and apart from being a bit wet at the moment due to heavy rain last night the countryside is looking fantastic. Due to the wet conditions the loop and camping has been re-arranged to suit. Brooksie will post up more details of this in the coming days.
Forgot my camera but here is some pics I took on my crappy phone just to get you started.

This was on Jerra Jerra Rd and shows how wet it is at the moment. It was flowing quite fast and judging from the surrounding grass it was much higher overnight.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 10:08:35 PM by Trokel510 »
85' Husky TE510, 83' XR250R, 76' DT400C, 81' XL500S, 85' XL250R, 80' XT250, 82' XT200.
In case you were wondering it was an 85' CR250R. Then a 76' DT250 and a 01' XR250 and it didn't stop there

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2016, 05:41:40 PM »
I just watched a few episodes of Hogans Heros, thanks Brooksie    :)
The property looks fantastic

Offline tymes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2016, 07:03:09 PM »
I couldnt imagine Brooksie taking his TUB accross that water. It floats about as well as the Bundy Rum Boat.

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 05:56:24 PM »
I couldnt imagine Brooksie taking his TUB accross that water. It floats about as well as the Bundy Rum Boat.

Fortunately there are a few different ways to go. The Rd in the pic is one I use to head in from the South so he wouldn't have gone that way however he did have to navigate through some water on one of the other roads as you can see by some pics he has put up over on the Vinduro Forum. But don't worry, unless we get another large downpour like that on the day before the event it will all have disappeared by then.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 10:14:27 PM »

I made it through and have proof, tut, tut, tut.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2016, 10:24:49 PM »
A big thanks again to Murray for letting us use his property again. I say it every year but without Murray's support there would be no Cooka.

Also a big thanks to Derek, Don and Troy for giving up their day to help mark out the track.

The biggest change this year is the camp site. Due to a very wet few months the lower paddock was just to wet for vehicles to cross without causing irreputable damage to the paddock
and secondly having vehicles bogged. The decision was made there and then to move the pit/camping area to the top of the hill. For those who attended the first Cooka in 2011 we will travel
up the lane at the end of Jeraluen Road and follow the dirt track to the top of the hill. It is steep but we don't see it being an issue. Please follow the signs.

Jerraluen Road under water. I don't have a good track record crossing water, but "No Guts, No Glory" and I made it through.

As you can see plenty of water in the paddock. It was like this all the way across

Access to the lane at the end of Jerraluen Road. Take the track to the left and go up the hill. Not good access for Mitsubishi Lancers with an inch clearance, 20" Chromies and a Subwoofer Bro.
But my Falcon has made it up before with a tandem trailer.

Easy and Hard section. Hope you've got a good back tyre.

More details to come. Please make sure you contact me if you intend on coming or  to reserve a licence if needed as we have limited spots available.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 11:18:22 PM »

Adam ( Maicoman ) 

What's the best way to Contact you  Have you got a email or something as its only a week away

and I got a  mates that would like to come for the Ride ....
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Trokel510

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 08:42:57 AM »
"You Need to E-Mail Your Name, address and contact details
and if you need a Event Licence or Not.
To: wbrooks7@telstra.com
The details to the event location will be sent out once you have notified me of your intention to ride at this event.

Entry Cost        $90.00 (Includes Event Entry, Motorcycling N.S.W Weekend event Licence only, HMSC Membership to 31-12-2016 )
 Entry Cost        $60.00  MA licence holders (Includes Event entry, HMSC Membership to 31-12-2016 )
 Dinner Cost       $15.00 (Must notify before the event)                                 

Friday          Gates Open Mid Day for Set up and Sign ons ONLY, NO test and tunes in the camping area.

Saturday      Rider briefing, loop open 8:30 am, Sign Ons continue.
                           Loop Close  5.00/5:30 pm or earlier depending on numbers of riders out riding the loop and visibility."

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 04:36:48 PM »

Adam ( Maicoman ) 

What's the best way to Contact you  Have you got a email or something as its only a week away

and I got a  mates that would like to come for the Ride ....

Info is at the top of the page 1 Mr Myers.

Thanks for posting Troy.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 08:14:39 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR COOKARDINIA VINDURO

Unfortunately some bad news. I spoke with Murray today and the decision has been made to POSTPONE the event due to poor weather. There will be NO vinduro next weekend 17th September 2016.

The property received 40mm of rain last night with the projected forecast of another 30mm on Thursday. This will make access to the property very hard and we don't wish to be towing people out.

Several of the paddocks that we were going to use are just to wet and cannot be used without causing irreputable damage.

We will be looking to reschedule the event to October in a hope that with the warmer weather arriving it dries the property enough to ride on.

A date is yet to be set. I will know more information this week and will post an update.

We are sorry for the inconvenience for those who have already made plans but we had to make the call now for those of you travelling great distances to the event. I will also send out an email to those who have entered the event.

Please watch this space.
Regards
Brooksie.

Offline Beemeerr11

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 06:35:04 PM »
Hey Adam,

I'm sure everyone that had the intention of going understands.

Thanks for the update.

Cheers

Lou

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 09:50:37 AM »
COOKARDINIA VINDURO RESCHEDULED TO THE 22ND OCTOBER 2016

If this date suits those who have already contacted me regarding the original date then please DON"T contact me again, it is fine :)

However anyone that can't make this new date then please contact me and I'll mark your name off the list.

Any new riders wishing to attend please contact me at wbrooks7@telstra.com

Everything else will remain the same and I have already emailed the information sheet previously.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 02:33:54 PM »
Excellent news.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline piney

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 07:53:20 PM »
Cool can ride
I didnt enter for the original date, waiting on how recent knee opp healing
Cheers Piney p

Offline jekyll_2000

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2016, 07:19:16 PM »
Great, I couldn't make the original date but looks like I can make this one, planning on going Friday Mr Senior?

Cheers
Rich

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2016, 07:24:58 PM »
Yep! The Wife wants to get a cabin in town, though.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jekyll_2000

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2016, 02:18:03 PM »
Dirty weekend both ways then.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2016, 03:18:31 PM »
Ah no. We'll be sharing the cabin with our two eldest children (aged 43 and 36).

Offline jekyll_2000

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2016, 03:46:00 PM »
Dirty and kinky ;)

Offline SuzukiSwill

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2016, 10:11:56 AM »
Ah no. We'll be sharing the cabin with our two eldest children (aged 43 and 36).

Too be fair ill be 44 by then

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 08:44:44 AM »
Dirty and kinky ;)

Hmmm. I don't judge any consenting adult for what they do in private, but there's some stuff that's just plain wrong...
I assume you haven't met Swill or Andy, and that's why you don't understand how far you crossed the line there... :P

Offline jekyll_2000

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2016, 05:32:05 PM »
The best bit is it looks like I can just sit back now and watch this unfold.

like pandora's box once opened never closed.

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2016, 12:32:59 PM »
Im coming!!!   ;D........what bikes you bringing Nathan?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2016, 06:01:19 PM »
My choice of bikes doesn't usually excite grown men quite that much... :D

I'm bringing the 88 and 89 KDXes. Might ask Marty to bring one of the 88 KX125s if he's got space.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 10:08:25 PM »
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR COOKARDINIA VINDURO

Unfortunately some bad news. I spoke with Murray yesterday and today and the decision has been made to CANCEL the event for 2016 due to the fact that the property is just to waterlogged and access is pretty

much nil. There will be NO vinduro 22nd October 2016.

As most of you have seen on the news much of NSW and Victoria are suffering massive flooding atm and whilst the rain has been long overdue for our farming communities, this kind of flooding has ruined thousands

of hectares of crops right as we approach harvest season.

We had hoped the property might have dried out over the past month, but with the continual rain it is actually got worse. Any attempt to access the property would destroy the lane way leading into the property.

Several of the paddocks that we were going to use are just to wet and cannot be used without causing irreputable damage.

On the flip side, we do have access to another property in the Holbrook area that we are considering using in 2017. It is approx 1000 acres with the possibility of running a proper 2 Day event and hard and easy

option loops. I hope to check out the property around christmas time and see what we can put together. At this stage we are thinking early to mid 2017 with Cooka also in Sept/Oct.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience for those who have already made plans but we had to make the call now for those of you travelling great distances to the event. I will also send out an email to those

who have entered the event.

Regards
Brooksie.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2016, 10:40:56 PM »
Well spoken.
I imagine we would all feel compassion for those effected by losses etc caused by the flooding.

On a positive a two day in 2017 sounds worthy of a small convoy from Newcastle. Would be great to catch up with some old and new faces. Good luck. I hope it falls into place for all your efforts.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 10:42:34 PM by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2016, 08:25:25 PM »
Sad, but not unexpected. Its been just too wet.
Thanks for the efforts you've taken and looking forward to what next year brings.
Happy xmas all.   

Offline Beemeerr11

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2016, 09:00:52 PM »
Heya Brooksie,

I'm sure that under the Circumstances everyone is all good about it, I've organised events in the past and I know how much unappreciated effort goes into them.

Thanks for the update and thanks for all the effort that you and your helpers have put in  ;)

Cheers

Lou

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2016, 09:01:55 PM »
a mate at beechworth said they got another 25 mil last nite, bucketed down

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2016, 08:02:09 PM »
Cheers guys. Unfortunately it's just one of those things out of our control. I was hoping for a little rain to keep the dust down but not the amount that we received. I'm hoping 2017 will be a little kinder and with the possibility of two events would be awesome. 

Offline dont

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2016, 08:09:38 PM »
Yep, I'm  ever going to complain about dust again ???