Author Topic: My first IT200  (Read 18401 times)

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
Re: My first IT200
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 01:56:08 PM »
It runs and it is all one piece not boxes of bits. As good or better than the one I bought for about the same money.
If you spend $3000 on an IT200 these days it will still need some money spent on it. And they are getting harder to find.
The Jap two stroke bike to ride in Vinduro these days are IT200 and KDX200 and you now have one. Be happy.  :) :) :)
Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »
ring the guy up and tell him it was a present for your brother in law who is an enforcer for the xxxx(insert local muddaboik gang) and that he is not happy and may pay a call..the guy will panic everytime he hears a Harley in his street. ::)

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 02:06:03 PM »
I don't think the 60 year old ripped me off intensionally, he just didn't know any better, but I should have. I once went riding with a friend of a friend who had an rm125, he thought it ran great.  I pointed out that it stopped every time he let off the throttle and that it would not idle, he said he didn't care as he just held it flat any way.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 10:05:14 PM »
I had a mate with a an old yammie 100 that jumped inand out of gear as you rode along it would rev then jump as it dropped into gear again....."that's the powerband" he used to tell us...he was serious

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2015, 01:35:15 PM »
No go with any money back, just said he was not very mechanically minded. I will catch up with him again for sure. Expensive garden ornament untill I save up a bit more to fix it, sorry I sold (almost gave away) my Honda Dax to part fund it.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 12:51:04 PM »
The "IT tax" means you actually paid about market price for it...

Although I understand your disappointment. It will be a great bike once you sort it.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2015, 03:20:20 PM »
No go with any money back, just said he was not very mechanically minded. I will catch up with him again for sure. Expensive garden ornament untill I save up a bit more to fix it, sorry I sold (almost gave away) my Honda Dax to part fund it.

I feel your pain PE. I bought a bike off a forum member that supposedly had a brand new bottom end. When  pulled down it had rusty gearbox bearings, two different types of cheap main bearings and the wrong conrod. Every dog has his day mate.....

Offline tymes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2015, 07:53:02 PM »
Yeah looking at the picture its probably pretty close to what on IT200 is worth clunky donk, wrinkles, saggy tits n all, the bits to fix the motor up are not all that expensive for these little beauties and once done and maybe some bearings, brakes and other milk and bread consumables she should be a nice little rider friendly whippet.

You shouldn’t really feel that disappointed, its a generation thing, he no doubt keeps his nails in a screw top glass jar whos lid is screwed to the bottom of the shelf. They think everything is still new no matter how much its worn out.  :o

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2016, 07:13:26 PM »
Got keen on this project again, sprayed the frame in 2 pac, new fork seals and polished the rock scraps out of the lowers, fitted some DC plastics.

Offline shelpi

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2016, 09:56:13 AM »
good work!

Offline pecrazy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2016, 02:52:23 PM »
Bit more done, full rebuild on the motor, rear shock and wheels might miss out on a rebuild at this stage and be put on as is.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 06:11:25 PM »
I feel your pain PE. I bought a bike off a forum member that supposedly had a brand new bottom end. When  pulled down it had rusty gearbox bearings, two different types of cheap main bearings and the wrong conrod. Every dog has his day mate.....

I have seen it SO many times. People pay good money to get stuff done. They are told whats been done by shop/dealer but then problems develop and things go wrong. They go back to where the work was done. Shop/dealer tells them to F-off.  Then I get it it to fix and make right. Or buyer of bike is told by private seller 'fully rebuilt engine, like new' or some other similar comment. New owner has issues with it, once again more other peoples f-ups i have to fix because things were done done correctly or were not done at all. It really amazes me what other people out there are doing or saying they are doing but not actually doing it. I have seen some things that really shock and disgust me. Latest one was a crank out of a motor that had supposedly been 'fully rebuilt' the guy paid good money by a so called 'expert/guru' on this particular model!. 2 halves of the crank did not match and you could pull the crank shaft apart/turn each side independantely with your hands!!!!!.Another bike came in on Monday. 'Fully recently rebuilt new motor' The thing pisses out oil everywhere. I have got to pull the entire thing apart next week and do it properly. It never ends and  i truely feel sorry for the guys out there getting burned..... :(
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 06:52:23 PM by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Paulos

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 06:44:10 PM »

I have seen it SO many times. People pay good money to get stuff done. They are told whats been done by shop/dealer but then problems develop and things go wrong. They go back to where the work was done. Shop/dealer tells them to F-off.  Then I get it it to fix and make right. Or buyer of bike is told by private seller 'fully rebuilt engine, like new' or some other similar comment. New owner has issues with it, once again more other peoples f-ups i have to fix because things were done done correctly or were not done at all. It really amazes me what other people out there are doing or saying they are doing but not actually doing it. I have seen some things that really shock and disgust me. Latest one was a crank out of a motor that had supposedly been 'fully rebuilt' the guy paid good money by a so called 'expert' on this particular model. 2 halfs of the crank did not match and you could pull the crank shaft apart/turn each side independantly with your hands!!!!!. Bike came in on Monday. 'Fully recently rebuilt new motor' The thing pisses out oil everywhere. I have got to pull the entire thing apart next week and do it properly. It never ends and  i truely feel sorry for the guys out there getting burned..... :(

Same with a lot of stuff these days. I go to people's houses to do building work and can't believe the absolute crap that someone has previously built and then charged good money for.  I honestly don't know how some people sleep at night.

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2016, 07:10:14 PM »
I think it should be legal to set a liars pants on fire, while they are wearing them, with an accelerant.
Poetic justice?

My line before driving to look at a used vehicle/bike:
"I'll bring cash and a machete. If it's 'as described' I'll pay cash." :o
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:12:52 PM by skypig »

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »
I honestly don't know how some people sleep at night.

Yeah thats the part that i don't understand.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022