Author Topic: Rossi has gone insane.  (Read 31439 times)

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
Rossi has gone insane.
« on: October 26, 2015, 10:07:22 AM »
His Thursday press conference saying Mark Marquez is working with Lorenzo wasn't even backed up by the events (let alone results). Marky Mark rode like a magician to take 5 points from Gerorge on the last lap of the Australian GP (the event being discussed.)

Then in the race yesterday, after some of the best/hardest/clean racing you'll ever see; Rossi "brake checks", runs compleatly off line to force MM of the track, and depending on your point of view, kicks at his rival.

Anybody else would have been DQ'd immediately.

Rossi and the FIM have both lost a lot of respect from me.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Rossi has gone insane.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 10:55:17 AM »
What's worse is the net forums are full of his dickhead, one-eyed supporters whinging that he's hard done by.

Still no mention of any extra penalty for failing to attend the compulsory press conference, either...

I think you're right Piggy, he seems to be coming unravelled.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 11:30:15 AM »
apparently everyone else took note of rossi's press conference winge,except maybe mark,oops,bring back the biffo ha ha  :P
ps he's not insane,just italian
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

HeavenVMX

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 11:51:18 AM »
I burnt my Rossi T shirt and posters yesterday afternoon.

The "EVIL" Doctor

He now slips off any chance of being on the GOAT list as far as many are concerned.

Seeing the reaction of his own team garage was all you really needed to see. They realised what he had done as it was happening and just looked stunned and turned away.

The greatest respect for Rossi up to that point. He almost did the same thing back with Stoner.

Lorenzo for Champ!!! Did not think I would ever say that

Offline Paulos

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »
Clear as day he kicked out at him, and lies about it, trying to justify his actions after the fact. Poor sportmanship in the extreme, certainly changed my opinion of him forever.

He was probably slowing Marquez up more than the other way around. If he had half a brain he would have tagged on the back and tried to get a tow up front.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 05:16:03 PM by Paulos »

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 03:42:13 PM »
Only a prompt admission, and apology will allow me to "support" him ever again.
Can't see it forthcoming myself.

I really think it's going to hurt his image/reputation/fan base.
I wouldn't be surprised if he throws his toys out of the cot and retires.

Only the radicalized disciples (the ones with the VR46 hat and stubble cooler, as well as the shirt!) are going to support these kind of behaviors.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 04:42:06 PM by skypig »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 03:49:17 PM »
Watched that move from a few angles and yes.. poor form. We were not there to see what led up to that stupid public move so I do hope everyone comes clean about why and what. Rossi is still a better rider than me.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »
Few things are more dangerous than a fading former champion...
Not only doing this, but the paranoia that lead to it.
The 2005 model Rossi would have not let that shit in his head, and would have just gone out and beaten Marquez on speed.

I sort of get Rossi's statement about wanting to slow Marquez down, and maybe that would have been passable if he baulked him and then chased Lorenzo down - but when it resulted in Marquez crashing then Rossi has to be DQ'd, no matter the motivation/excuse.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2015, 06:42:22 PM »
Phew where to we start, thursday's presser was bizarre Lorenzo and Marquez were watching waiting for the punchline as it went on they started to think this might be serious.
Sunday was even more bizarre some riding with "a knife between the teeth" then the standing someone up running them out to the edge of the track. Something that would have earned you a punch in the head at a club day and a dressing down from the Clerk of the Course. No show at the post race presser was throwing to toys out of the pram.
Several hypocritical things as Pedrosa summed up beautifully when SuperSic took him out at Le Mans Rossi was the first to say that everyone were "pussy's" and didn't like to race close. Now we get the exact opposite.
Julian Ryder pointed out after thursday that all of Rossi's championships came via a substantial points lead (45 being the closest ) the only time Rossi was under pressure in a down to the wire championship was 2006......................the one where he fell off in Valencia handing the title to Nicky Hayden. That's what we witnessed here Rossi crumbling under pressure of a tight championship.
Only fanbois and those in need of a eye test saw it his way.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:56:28 PM by Lozza »
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2015, 09:53:40 PM »
There's a hell of a lot of people on that list though Loz, it's quite amazing.

Your summary of what would happen at a club day is spot-on, the danger now is it's giving riders carte blanche to brake test and ride opponents to the curb under brakes etc.

Bizarre.
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline MaxPower

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2015, 07:07:09 AM »
Rossi is such a little imp I'm surprised no one has punched him in his face

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2015, 08:23:32 AM »
Rossi has been a sookie lala since the Hayden and Stoner days. He should of been dragged over the coals when he tried to blatantly take Casey out at the cork screw at Laguna Seca which could of easily resulted in serious injury or death. The guy claims to like close racing..... unless he is being beaten then he brings out AMA supercross style block passes. Like Lozza said, a punch in the head is well deserved.

As for the sidecar "take out".....talk about being a sook and pointing fingers. The guy in front is entitled to hold his line and if you happen to hit the back of the outfit with your front wheel and fall off, how can you blame someone else?
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2015, 08:35:49 AM »
At the OZ titles when I got taken out by a far more obvious maneuver (If we want to call it that  ;D), MA s response was "that is just a liitle rub " and with Rossis little move they make such a fuss . You dont have to watch the boring trolley video , just watch the end and judge . Well ,never 300 bucks license of me again , thats for sure . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg64TbZo8Do&feature=share

Maybe the etiquette is different for sidecars, and I understand why you're pissed off, but that sort of thing happens regularly among solos.
The other trolley was in front, and simply ran wide. No lurching, no braking, they just used the track that they are entitled to.
Even if it was a deliberate move, it's still safely within the grey area of "impossible to prove".

I appreciate why you'd be annoyed, but I also understand why there was no further action taken.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2015, 10:32:02 AM »
There's a hell of a lot of people on that list though Loz, it's quite amazing.

Your summary of what would happen at a club day is spot-on, the danger now is it's giving riders carte blanche to brake test and ride opponents to the curb under brakes etc.

Bizarre.

Think a lot of people have short memories. Cast your mind back to a wet Jerez (??) in 2011 where Rossi dive bombed Stoner in a bone head move that was never going to come off. Which is a racing incident all well and good. But the bit of sheer audacity/genius to march down to Stoner's pit box expecting to meet with flying fists and somehow come out of it the "good guy". What we saw on the weekend was another version of that ....... "If I don't win the title it's because Marquez held me up and let Lorenzo through, he hates me because of Argentina and Assen"

Geez I thought I had good "Book of Excuses" :D

Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
Rossi is such a little imp I'm surprised no one has punched him in his face

1.  It's not speedway so the chances of someone punching him are not that great.  Anyway when Rossi went to see Casey he left his helmet on.

2.  My gut feeling is that Rossi didn't mean to put Marquez down.  When MM accelerates again he runs into Rossi and his helmet brushes his arm.  The kick may have been a reflex action that hit MM's arm and pulled the brake on, but regardless of the outcome Rossi instigated it and ran MM very wide.  I think even he knew straight away he had forked up.  He lied in the post race interview.

3.  The reaction from the Rossi FANatics is over the top there is even a change.org petition to have the penalty removed.  I want to know where the petition is to double it.

4.  There is every chance Rossi will come through from the back and score enough points to win the championship.  The majority of riders will just let him through.  Danni and Marc won't want to get involved so might be 1st and 2nd.  The pressure is now on Lorenzo.

5.  If Lorenzo wins the championship he won't get the credit he deserves.  He has been brilliant (apart from the fall at Misano) for the second part of the season.

6.  That is my opinion I haven't been a fan of Rossi for several years now after the incidents with Gibernau.  Then with Casey, the wall in the pits and change to bridgestone when Lorenzo joined Yamaha.  His total failure at Ducati that made the bike slower.  I believe he starts fights with other riders just to motivate himself.  This time it appears to have back fired but it isn't over yet.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 11:38:57 AM by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490