Author Topic: Why is nothing easy?  (Read 6508 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Why is nothing easy?
« on: October 06, 2015, 04:42:48 pm »
Further to my ongoing dispute with ebay over them refunding a buyers money & telling him to keep my item (value AU $665), ebay today sent me an invoice for the said amount & advised they would direct debit my linked account in the next few days. This is after countless "discussions" via email & telephone with them stating that I am not reimbursing them until my item is returned to me & in my possession as in effect ebay had now purchased my item & disposed of it how they saw fit. So I call the bank to cancel the automatic direct debit with ebay, only to be told by the girl on the end of the phone that I couldn't do that without authorisation from ebay, what the? I then explained that I was their customer, not ebay & that my request should be completed, she still said it couldn't be done. I then said, ok so I won't leave enough funds in the account & that she should ensure I don't get a dishonour fee when the direct debit is rejected. She said they couldn't guarantee that even though I was advising them of the situation in advance. So I reply, well if that's how it is, I'll see you in 10 minutes to close the account. She asked me to hold for a moment while she discussed it with her supervisor, only to return with, we'll be only too happy to cancel the direct debit with ebay, consider it done & it will take effect in the next day! Fu$k me, why did I have to go through all that BS in the first place? Why is nothing easy?
All that aside, no doubt my shit fight with ebay will continue..........
K
K

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Why is nothing easy?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:08:13 pm »
My landlord recently sent me a direct debit form and told me that their office would no longer take cash rent payments as they could not ensure the safety of staff and I would have to sign up for it as that was now the only way the would receive payment.

I responded by telling them that to operate a retail business they are required to offer multiple methods of receiving payment including cash, which I pointed out that they had no legal grounds to refuse (backed up by consumer affairs). The safety of their staff is an operational concern for their business not their clients.

I mentioned that the Post Office and other cash businesses use time lock cash deposit safes that staff can't open as an alternative or getting an eftpos terminal too but they were determined to sign every client to direct debit, after arbitration and advice from consumer affairs my landlord now offers Bpay, eftpos, direct debit and PO money orders as their optional methods of payment  ;D

The account I use for eBay was closed 12 years ago and they haven't noticed, it's the same one I used for my internet provider and Foxtel (I Bpay all of them which is no different to direct debit except I CONTROL IT  ;))

Any company that says they ONLY take direct debit is in fact breaking consumer law, they can only offer it as their preffered method.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »
FWIW.
 I think your right . Ebay had no right to tell the buyer to keep the goods. Yes they can and usually do aside with the buyer and refund and debit your account butttt.... you are still entitled to have your goods returned in the condition you sent them. Ebay needs to explain why they said to keep the goods and offer you a refund gor them or get the goods returned. Good luck with that though.

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 05:36:23 pm »
had an email survey from ebay the other day - basically all good as a buyer - then they asked me what could be done to improve so I gave them my very small opinion on the conditions as BigK mentions above for sellers.  Of course have not heard anything back yet  ;D
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 06:11:09 pm »
I don't know if people are changing, or I'm just getting more cynical as I get older, but I'm increasingly noticing businesses "trying it on" - making statements about things that are not possible, that suddenly evaporate when challenged..
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 07:31:23 pm »
I don't know if people are changing, or I'm just getting more cynical as I get older, but I'm increasingly noticing businesses "trying it on" - making statements about things that are not possible, that suddenly evaporate when challenged..

i think its both these things Nathan as i feel the same way, my pet hate is lack of customer service and follow up, i give my suppliers business but i have to chase them for the quotes/goods. i usually give them a wide berth if they stuff me around too many times and move on but find not many good suppliers with a customer focus like there was 15+ years ago.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 07:33:07 pm »
... I'm increasingly noticing businesses "trying it on" - making statements about things that are not possible, that suddenly evaporate when challenged..

Ah yes, the traditional monthly cordial discussion with a Filipino woman about the Telstra bill.... 8)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Nipper

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 08:58:49 pm »
Hey Big K, never had any problems dealing with you , I would give you very positive feedback ! .... Does that mean I get a discount on the parts I have just bought from you ? ;D

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2015, 10:30:04 pm »
The entity within. These days large company's are controlled by a mental entity of greed,profit,grow. We have become units on a production line. We are here 4 there profit.  Service,trust,honour is not part of today's large company's. Jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 11:47:58 pm »
Govt departments are pretty good at giving you the run around too but you should check out consumer affairs

http://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/shopping/refunds-and-returns/refunds-repairs-and-replacements

You are after all a customer of e-bay which is operating a business in our country so you should have consumer rights.
While e-bay can make up their own policies they may be in breach of Australian law
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:02 am »
The entity within. These days large company's are controlled by a mental entity of greed,profit,grow. We have become units on a production line. We are here 4 there profit.  Service,trust,honour is not part of today's large company's. Jimson

Someone described it as human fracking.

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/thecheckout/

Great source of consumer info
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 09:37:42 am »
I ve had a number of Babcock and brown (debt collectors) chase me with strong terse language over debts I have not run up. I notice its when you look at something (broadband was one) but cant go through due to the suppliers issues not mine and then 6 months later these guys send a nasty letter and talk about court etc unless you pay up. ive checked every time and there is no debt and when I question, its as if I wasn't there. Someone is flicking these things out and trying it on I rekon as most people when they get a letter like that cant get the credit card out quick enough

Offline flower pot racing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 10:43:27 am »
Further to my ongoing dispute with ebay over them refunding a buyers money & telling him to keep my item (value AU $665), ebay today sent me an invoice for the said amount & advised they would direct debit my linked account in the next few days. This is after countless "discussions" via email & telephone with them stating that I am not reimbursing them until my item is returned to me & in my possession as in effect ebay had now purchased my item & disposed of it how they saw fit. So I call the bank to cancel the automatic direct debit with ebay, only to be told by the girl on the end of the phone that I couldn't do that without authorisation from ebay, what the? I then explained that I was their customer, not ebay & that my request should be completed, she still said it couldn't be done. I then said, ok so I won't leave enough funds in the account & that she should ensure I don't get a dishonour fee when the direct debit is rejected. She said they couldn't guarantee that even though I was advising them of the situation in advance. So I reply, well if that's how it is, I'll see you in 10 minutes to close the account. She asked me to hold for a moment while she discussed it with her supervisor, only to return with, we'll be only too happy to cancel the direct debit with ebay, consider it done & it will take effect in the next day! Fu$k me, why did I have to go through all that BS in the first place? Why is nothing easy?
All that aside, no doubt my shit fight with ebay will continue..........
K
K

Don't get me started.....  selling overseas to someone who's first language isn't English....  They confirm the arrival of the part but that I am the devil because I have sent the wrong parts and they don't fit.  Er no they are the correct parts.  lots of threats, abuse etc from the buyer.  I am reported to ebay.  A 'case' is opened, all the money is taken whilst they investigate.   (Bearing in mind I have sold 100s of this component and it is correct....)  The buyer then says it is correct and +ve feedback left.  Ebay then close the case give him all his money back and allow him to keep the part then thank me for helping.  EH?  He has his money and my part.  Isnt that theft?!  Same again this week.  Part shipped to America at great expense.  Decides that it just isnt quite right for him, so opens a returns case.  I have to pay all the postage to get my part back (and there is nothing wrong with it, but he 'doesn't quite like it')  He gets all his money back, I foot the bill for the return postage.  How the hell is that fair.  Oh but if I don't agree to pay the return shipping he gets to keep the part...  You what?!  If it is no good why would he want to keep it (and get all his money back)  Surely this is theft?   Oh and I have to send him the money to cover the cost of him shipping it back!!!!  It's like someone walking into your shop.  Saying that looks nice.  Putting it under their coat and walking out with it in front of you (oh and then giving them some more money so they can get a taxi home!!!)  I am always careful when ever I sell things as there are now so many way to get shafted.  Instead of buyer beware now the seller has to be ultra cautious as well as you can get well and truly ripped off and there is absolutely bugger all that you can do about it.  Most people are good honest citizens but there are others that are complete players and will rip you off.  One nice thing though is that ebay always send you a lovely note thank you for helping them resolve the issue and ask you to complete a questionnaire (not that they will ever do anything about it as long as mugs like me keep paying to sell on their website....)  Ah the joys!

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 12:32:53 pm »
they aren't always overseas - and I think it makes it even more frustrating when it is local.  Paid for parts, tried to rip me off for postage, said don't bother so he kept money, resold the parts and ebay/paypal would not even answer my emails?  As a buyer I am out of pocket.

If it wasn't for the good ones you find and keep returning to this ebay think would suck!!
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica