Author Topic: Yamaha reveals new 2T off-road/enduro bike  (Read 14412 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Yamaha reveals new 2T off-road/enduro bike
« on: June 10, 2015, 03:36:10 PM »
http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/2889-yamaha-unveils-all-new-yz250x

Yamaha are launching the "all-new woods machine" known as the YZ250X; based on the 2T YZ250. I guess this is intended for the US market, especially GNCC racing which seems to be very popular over there.

I have no idea if it's coming to Australia.

Tex

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Yamaha reveals new 2T off-road/enduro bike
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 04:54:35 PM »
Some lights and an electric start would make it even better
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 05:40:16 PM »
Everyone seems to assume it's coming here... But this assumption doesn't seem to be based on anything real... Then again, they sell the YZF250X here, so maybe.

I love the idea of this, but I fear it will end up being far too expensive for what it is. It needs to sell for about the same price as a normal YZ250 (remembering that hardly any shops even bother asking the full RRP on them). If it's up around $11k like people are speculating it will be, then you'd buy a Beta 250RR and get a proper enduro bike for the same money.

That said: signs of life in the Jap 2T enduro market makes me very happy. Hopefully Yamaha is putting a toe in the water before developing a new YZ250/WR250Z.
It's a nice dream anyhow...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 05:43:17 PM by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 06:46:09 PM »
Needs Autolube.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:51:55 PM »
Nice bike and the other piece on the 2016 model with Bob Hannah was cool too

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 10:16:50 PM »
It needs to sell for about the same price as a normal YZ250

"The bike will retail for only $100 more than the standard YZ250 at $7,390." That's US dollars of course. You'd think (hope) it'd be a similar story if the bike is released here.

I reckon enterprising Vic dealers could sell  a "rec rego ready" version as well, just by adding a few bits on.

Tex

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 12:01:34 AM »
Needs Autolube.

None of us enduro boys want auto lube its a pain in the a$$
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 08:05:50 AM »
It must be coming here, Yamaha Australia have asked a Vic guy who's going well in AORC to ride one at the next event.
K

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 08:12:58 AM »
Needs Autolube.

And that attitude is, sadly, why we miss out on the performance, reliability and convenience of autolube on performance bikes.  >:(
The 4T boys said the same about electric starts 20 years ago... How many of them remove the electric starter nowdays?!

For all the talk of EFI 2Ts, I'd hugely prefer autolube.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 09:12:52 AM »
I'm wondering how much the gearbox costs is? and I'm sure it would retro fit my 09 model YZ
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:16:27 AM by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 12:57:25 PM »
Its a WRF400/426/450 box. You need to lightly die-grind the cases for first gear to clear, and apparently it bolts straight in.

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 01:48:43 PM »
Needs Autolube.

And that attitude is, sadly, why we miss out on the performance, reliability and convenience of autolube on performance bikes.  >:(
The 4T boys said the same about electric starts 20 years ago... How many of them remove the electric starter....?

...or the powervalve...?

Modern autolube might be entirely electrical or mechanical pump and ecu control to do away with any cable hassles. Those junction boxes could be a pain.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:50:14 PM by Momus »
If you love it, lube it.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2015, 01:59:43 PM »
Needs Autolube.

The 4T boys said the same about electric starts 20 years ago... How many of them remove the electric starter....?

...or the powervalve...?

Modern autolube might be entirely electrical or mechanical pump and ecu control to do away with any cable hassles. Those junction boxes could be a pain.
Despite inventing the servo powered YPVS system Yamaha would never use that and a solenoid oil pump on a dirt bike................... hopefully be a ADR'd Aussie version
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 06:33:59 PM »
Nothing wrong with a good old cable. For an enduro/trail bike you don't want electronics to fail.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »
Nothing wrong with a good old cable. For an enduro/trail bike you don't want electronics to fail.

Thats what everyone said about disc brakes efi etc etc Truth is most failures are through lack of maintenance. Even if a solenoid oil pump failed(rgv VJ23 has a warning light), you can tip the contents of the bottle into the tank.
Jesus only loves two strokes