Author Topic: NSW Storms  (Read 13714 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: NSW Storms
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 10:33:38 PM »
   Mick the most frightning thing about that was that the old lady was my ex mother in law, did it because I was asked by my daughter.
   There are still some decent young people around, that bloke stopped when he saw me waiding through the water and just came in and helped get the old duck out.  Never seen him before and might not ever see him again he just thought it was the right thing to do.
                       Zane

I reckon I come across low life oxygen wasters all the time, nearly everyday in fact,,,,
pitty it takes events like this to remind me that most people are still good and decent folk.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 10:48:48 PM »
Hi Mick,
          Thanks for the offer of a helping hand.We haven't had power for the last three days and have been camping at home under candlelight.(its back on now)The landline doesn't work and my mobile phone carked it.Somehow the internet started working?
Like you, my daughters roof leaked and flooded her kitchen.lots of fun there.
Just before the storm I took a months holiday to catch up with a few bike projects.ha ha ha.
Never a dull moment around here.You wouldn't be dead for quids,too much going on.lol.

Zane,
       We made a lot of progress today,it is a really long walk along the levy bank to get to Joel's that you would not enjoy.As soon as we get road access we will get the bikes and gear out and you might be able to give us a hand.

Cheers.

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 11:06:01 PM »
Mick,
Its hard to believe,but while your talking about oxygen thieves.There have been reports of looting of flooded houses along the river by people in boats.
Today at  one of the flooded crossings(next to Joels) people have been using tinnies to ferry people and supplies across. Two people got dropped off from a car, jumped into someones tinnie started the outboard and haven't been seen since.
They say that when the water clears up enough on the roads, the rubbernecks in cars have their turn at helping to remove anything that's not bolted down. What is this country coming to?

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 07:06:51 AM »
Mick,
Its hard to believe,but while your talking about oxygen thieves.There have been reports of looting of flooded houses along the river by people in boats.
Today at  one of the flooded crossings(next to Joels) people have been using tinnies to ferry people and supplies across. Two people got dropped off from a car, jumped into someones tinnie started the outboard and haven't been seen since.
They say that when the water clears up enough on the roads, the rubbernecks in cars have their turn at helping to remove anything that's not bolted down. What is this country coming to?

Makes me sick to be part of the human race when I hear about this sort of stuff. It should be legal to shoot ferals on sight  >:( Shite, even in America they are allowed to defend themselves and their property. At times of need like you guys are facing, we should have a national guard that patrols, helps and maintains civil rights for victims of storms, fire and flood etc. seeing as we aren't allowed to defend ourselves or our homes.

My thoughts are with you all and I hope you meet more good people than oxygen thieves.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2015, 07:33:28 AM »
Hi Mark,
        On the other side of the coin,we have the SES and others boating up and down the river delivering food parcels that you can hardly lift and a daily delivery of milk and bread and helping out any way they can.
Thank you for your support.
Cheers.

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2015, 07:42:51 AM »
My support is only in thought seeing as I am here in Victoria.

Where would this country be if it wasn't for the tireless work of our volunteer brigades like the SES?

Get the army out of their barracks and get them to start doing something to help the country. There are specialty trained bridge builders, engineers, logistics personnel, plant operators and some of the most sophisticated machinery on the planet. Put it to good use I say and stop expecting volunteers to do all the heavy lifting!

Offline TTezza

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2015, 04:36:11 PM »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2015, 05:11:04 PM »
That would have been one enjoyable day at work  :D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »
Not that I am looking to waste anyone's time with low value trivia,,,,,
but it is a quite Friday night,,,
and i just got of the phone from a fu''''ng wally who reckons theres no way the wind/storm would rip off the hardtop and fittings from your ute,,,,
So i just went out under the bleeding sky to get some happy snaps so my story would "Check out"  ::)

And a shot of when everything was just fine,,,,,,,, before the Devil came :-\

And yes, it was locked!!!!! It buffeted away at it until one lock failed, then lifted that corner etc etc
breaking the gas lift struts off like they were match sticks
The paint marks etc are from the vehicle in front of it that it trashed ::) ::) ::) ::) :o
I suppose you want photos of it too

You wait to I see you tomorrow wally 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:58:51 PM by Mick D »

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 12:52:48 PM »
Make sure to demonstrate for wally the effect winds of 165km/h can have...... Tie him to the towbar and accelerate to said 165km/h. I'm pretty sure there will be lift off at around 120.......

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 01:27:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
its possible he'd been on the diesel fumes again :o

hey Mark I agree whole heartedly with your sentiments re using the opportunity to train up the troops in a real
community crisis situation.

And more in particular some more befitting repercussions for thieving Rat Shit scum.
I saw on the news last night that the night before, some human garbage had raided a SES response truck that came from Canberra to assist.

May every mungrel dog have its day.
Some off our penalties just don't fit the crimes.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 02:16:35 PM »
And now our northern brothers in QLD :(

Five lives,,,,lost.

360 millimetres of rain in less than 24 hours at Caboolture, north of Brisbane.
Hard times, good luck up there neighbours.

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 03:39:01 PM »
And now our northern brothers in QLD :(

Five lives,,,,lost.

360 millimetres of rain in less than 24 hours at Caboolture, north of Brisbane.
Hard times, good luck up there neighbours.

Yep, mother nature sure is having a hissy fit at the moment.

Hope every one of our QLD brethren is safe and dry.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 08:30:59 AM »
It was all over in a matter of hours. Close to 300 mm over a two hour period. IF live beside a Creek that comes up every time it rains a bit heavy but this was a bit more than usual. The rain just couldn't get away so it started backing up and went over the walls in had built and started to encroach on the house. .
something must have said that's enough as it touched the back wheels of my bikes and went no further. 

A Metre higher than any of the locals has seen and in such a short time.I THE level drops just as fast but leaves the mud behind.
This weekend is gerni time . Part of the fun with living in the sunshine coast hinterland.