Author Topic: How the hell do I put images in posts?  (Read 23158 times)

montynut

How the hell do I put images in posts?
« on: July 14, 2008, 10:13:40 PM »
step by step instructions please ??? :-[
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 10:38:36 PM by montynut »

Re: How the hell do I put images in posts?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 10:57:03 PM »
2 ways of doing it.
First way,bottom lh side of screen +additional options. Click on it
Click on browse
Find a photo you want
If you want to post more, click on more attachments( next to browse)
Click post. It wont show up in a preview.
Make sure the photo is 128kb max. or it comes up as an error and all you have typed is wiped as well.
If this option is too hard( like you dont know how to resize photos) you have to use a host that you upload photos to.
For examplehttp://www.villagephotos.com/
If you dont have any luck with option 1, i will talk you through the 2nd way.
Cheers, Brad

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »

@ ways to do it, first way is

Images must be "Hosted" on the internet already or uploaded to a hosting site  like village photos or photobucket or a private hosting website.

then you need the address of the image not the page address the image address. image hosting sites will make it easy and give you the code and addrss you now need orr.. you can right click and image and choose properties for the address.

http://ozvmx.com/community/Themes/default/images/filter.gif

looks like that.

then in the reply box we click the second box in the lower row on the left and we get square brackets  with IMG inside them. add the address in between them  with no additional gaps so it looks like this

Code: [Select]
[img]http://ozvmx.com/community/Themes/default/images/filter.gif[/img]
 then click the preview button to make sure u have it sorted and it should display the picture, in this case it will be this magnyfying glass

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 11:09:31 PM »
It's much harder to describe than it is to do. Pokey and 090 have done a good job of describing it, and I'll add my version. I reckon after our efforts you should be able to figure it out.

There are two options:

1. As an attachment
2. As an included image

To do the first, you have to have an image on your hard drive, and it has to be the right size to be accepted (under 128kb in size).  Once you have an image, start your post. You'll see down below the box where you type your message a link that says "Additional Options". If you click that, you can use the ATTACH box to insert your image. Use the BROWSE button to find it and have its name and file path added into the ATTACH box. Then when you post your image, it appears as a thumbnail that anyone (who is logged in) can click on. Example below.

To do the second, you need to have an image uploaded onto the Internet, somewhere. For example photobucket or Flickr or somewhere, even your own website. Then, you get the path to that image (ie the URL), either by looking at it and copying the path from your browser's address bar, or by right clicking on the image when it's displayed, selecting properties, and then copying the path to the image file from that. Then, in your post on OzVMX, select the 'Insert Image' button. That's the second button from the left in the bottom row of buttons just above the text box where you type your post. When you click this, it places image tags in your post.
[img][/img].  Place your cursor in between those, and paste in the image URL. That's it...

Here's an example:

In code it looks like this
[img]http://www.ozvmx.com/images/forum/husky500.jpg[/img]
Hope that helps...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 11:11:51 PM by Graeme M »

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:20:16 PM »
Monty, I only know one way and I'll try to explain it. However, there are various photo hosting sites the others can advise how to use.
I haven't figured them out...

I don't know your skill level so I'll make it as basic as possible.
Have you got a photo saved in a folder? Try moving the cursor arrow over the photo - the size of the photo should appear.
If not, right click on the photo and then left click on 'properties'. The size of the photo will appear.
Max size for these posts are 128kb. If yours is more than this you'll need to reduce the size of the photo.
If you have two or more photos the combined size must be less than 128kb for it to be posted in a single message.

I'll assume you have a photo less than 128kb and you want to post it in this thread we're in.
When you click reply you'll see 'additional options...' at the bottom left of the reply box.
Click on this and you'll see 'Browse'.
Click on Browse and your folders will appear.
Scroll the folder until you locate your photo. Double click on the photo.
You'll see the photo details fill the blank box to the left of the 'Browse' box. Your photo is loaded and ready to post (Roger is my example - he was 266kb and I reduced him to 66.9kb).

I've tried posting photos without any dialogue in the reply box but a red message appears warning nothing was written.
So I jot a few lines to keep the program happy.

Re-sizing photos is another step by step guide. First try posting a photo of the appropriate size just for the exercise.

HA!! I see a few others have done the instructions too. Well, I'm not deleting now - I'm a slow typer.
Good luck.

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 07:35:50 PM »
Just testin,

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 08:14:19 PM »
She's just beggin' to go rippin' up that track KB.  Hope you did her justice   ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 08:20:25 PM »
Bugger me that worked, :P gota try again.

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 08:39:44 PM »
Nah i didnt Tony,Thats an MR50 i built 10 years ago for my son Jake to learn to ride on.  now he's tryin to teach me how to do this computin shite, after 20 or so goes he declared me to be shitful ???
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 11:36:23 PM by KB171 »

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 08:46:04 PM »
No way KB.  I've seen you ride mate (and got photos).  You've still got it.
Keep givin' the young fella stick !!  You've still got plenty of good years in you yet.   ;)

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 02:09:27 PM »
The riding bits ok , its me computerin skills he's hang'n shite on,  :(
the last pic is Jake tryin to get round a 350xl at Mirrboo last year,
he aint inherited the beer gut yet. ;)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 07:37:46 PM »
Give it time mate - the beer gut will come ;D

Tom

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 12:14:57 PM »
i use photobucket with that one that u put it between the two [img] and it seems to do the trick  ;D

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 12:30:51 PM »
Nice shot there Tom; just dashing down the shops for fish and chips?
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Tom

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 01:01:52 PM »
haha thanks mate its my practice track in the block of land next door my 80 seems to get more practice round there but  ;)